THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Hubcentric wheels

04-30-2017, 09:39 AM   #1
ORL_bimmer
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i xdrive

Hubcentric wheels

Hey all. Somewhat new m235i xdrive owner with some wheel questions. I've read a lot through these forums as far as what size tires/wheels will "fit" the m235, but all the info relates to height/width/et....

Admittedly, I haven't researched the hub bore diameter of the m235i yet, but that really wouldn't help me a ton since I would still have to sift through every makers manu specs to find out which wheels are hub-centric fit to the m235i.

Does anyone know off hand which wheels are a hub centric fit to the m235i? I really do not want to use any hub spacers when I get new wheels. I would imagine that BBS would probably be, but I haven't really checked yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 12:27 PM   #2
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235xi

Most wheels are not hubcentric for your car, especially BBS (BBS will provide you with spacers). Don't let that inform your decision. As long as it's more or equal to 72.6 mm you are fine. There's nothing wrong with hub spacers.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 10:00 AM   #3
ORL_bimmer
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i xdrive

I tend to think it is important. For me, the less parts, and adapters, the better. Ill probably try to just stick with BMW wheels if most makers don't make hub centric wheels.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 07:13 PM   #4
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORL_bimmer View Post
I tend to think it is important. For me, the less parts, and adapters, the better. Ill probably try to just stick with BMW wheels if most makers don't make hub centric wheels.
The spacers do their job just fine. BBS specifically include spacers of their own design with their wheels, high quality aluminum things with steel spanners. Never really had any problems with spacers with many wheel sets I've used. On the other hand, there are some wheels out there that are hubcentric. You just need to do a little research.
Appreciate 0