THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery 2015 M235i Port Installed Parts

07-06-2014, 10:19 AM   #1
apg13
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 Porsche Cayman 718 S

2015 M235i Port Installed Parts

Hi all:

First post - I've been lurking these forums for a few weeks and have read a lot of helpful advice, and just now got around to making my account.

I ordered my M235i in early May and got a Week 27 production (actually finished production July 1st, but no updates since then).

I'm curious if anyone has had any luck ordering port-installed m performance parts specifically for a 2015 model? I would imagine my car is going to be arriving sometime in early August and any time that I ask my CA he tells me that the 2015 numbers haven't been added to the system or something to that extent, and I would really like to add some of them at the port so that I can get the parts residualized since I will be leasing my vehicle.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 12:56 AM   #2
apg13
Enlisted Member
Rep

Somehow, my dealership managed to submit the incorrect order for me and I just found out today by using a VIN decoder to realize they ordered me an automatic vehicle instead of a manual one.

The build sheet I signed said manual transmission on it, so I am being compensated but I will not have my car until September.

On the plus side, I was able to add the port-installed parts this time on the order. Their system wasn't allowing them to add port-installed parts to pre-existing orders for whatever reason, but they were able to add them for my new order.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 10:01 PM   #3
FunRevn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Did you order an LSD? If so how much was it?

I think you will like the Auto its pretty awesome. Congrats
2007 X3 MSport - retired
1995 M3 - retired
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 11:21 PM   #4
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunRevn View Post

I switch from a 6 speed on my M3 to auto on my M235i. Best decision I made. You should test drive the auto before you reject it.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 01:17 AM   #5
apg13
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Thanks!

I unfortunately did not order an LSD so I don't know the price, sorry. I added black kidney grills, carbon fiber spoiler & mirror caps, m-performance exhaust, and stainless steel pedals. And will potentially be adding carbon fiber interior trim, shifter/boot, and alcantara steering wheel depending on if the dealer accepts the un4gettable driving experience incentive on top of the discount they're giving me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
I switch from a 6 speed on my M3 to auto on my M235i. Best decision I made. You should test drive the auto before you reject it.
I would have loved to do that but the timing just isn't right for me. The automatic car won't arrive at the dealership until mid-August and by then if I decided I wanted the manual it would probably be October-November before I got my car.

I currently don't own a car (living in NYC, moving to Florida), and as it stands I will need to be renting a car for at least a month because of this issue. I just love manual cars - it's a big part of the experience for me and I know I won't be disappointed. I am sure the automatic M235i is great though, I've test driven a few DCT M3's and they were amazing as well. I just imagine a few years down the line automatic may be the only option so I want to take advantage of being able to own a manual while I can
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #6
FunRevn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

The dealer must except the driving event on top of whatever deal they gave you. It is coming out of BMWs pocket not theirs.

Sound like your going to have a great car.
2007 X3 MSport - retired
1995 M3 - retired

Last edited by FunRevn; 07-10-2014 at 02:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 08:46 AM   #7
bman6074
Major
Rep
Drives: 14 M235i and 07 Lotus Exige S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
I thought about getting an automatic as my friend has a new 2014 335xi with sport. The paddle sifters are fun but didn't like that I would have to down shift through gears to get to the one i wanted. There are times i am on the highway and i want to shift to 4 from 6th or even 3rd to get ready to jump out of lane and get by the slow poke holding up traffic in the left lane. I did test drive a M234i auto as well.

The funny part of this is my friend recently drove my old 135i manual before i traded it in. After a spirited drive he got out of the car excited saying"wow that was just so much fun and more engaging driving a manual". He is now thinking of getting a manual in an M3.

There is just something about a manual that no auto even the greatest paddle shifting can provide.
      07-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #8
apg13
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
They dealer must except the driving event on top of whatever deal they gave you. It is coming out of BMWs pocket not theirs.

Sound like your going to have a great car.
Looks like you were right. They've added the incentive but it apparently expires 60 days after the month it takes place in. So I should be fine I assume. Ended up adding all of the parts except the cf spoiler & shifter/boot because for some reason they're not available at the port currently?

I'm super excited to take delivery of my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman6074 View Post
I thought about getting an automatic as my friend has a new 2014 335xi with sport. The paddle sifters are fun but didn't like that I would have to down shift through gears to get to the one i wanted. There are times i am on the highway and i want to shift to 4 from 6th or even 3rd to get ready to jump out of lane and get by the slow poke holding up traffic in the left lane. I did test drive a M234i auto as well.

The funny part of this is my friend recently drove my old 135i manual before i traded it in. After a spirited drive he got out of the car excited saying"wow that was just so much fun and more engaging driving a manual". He is now thinking of getting a manual in an M3.

There is just something about a manual that no auto even the greatest paddle shifting can provide.
Agreed for the most part. I love driving manual cars. I would potentially consider going automatic if I frequently commuted in a very traffic-congested area though. Most of the latest automatic transmissions are not bad at all though - especially when on the track.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 11:24 AM   #9
jpccarguy
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

And if you're a BMWCCA member, they're offering the $500 incentive on all 2 Series cars. Earlier this year, it was only on the 228.

John

Waiter's Club: M235i
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 04:07 PM   #10
apg13
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpccarguy View Post
And if you're a BMWCCA member, they're offering the $500 incentive on all 2 Series cars. Earlier this year, it was only on the 228.

John

Waiter's Club: M235i
Thanks, I will keep that in mind for future BMW purchases!
Appreciate 0