THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Pickup and first impressions

03-15-2015, 03:40 AM   #45
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by elincali View Post
I am SO happy for you that you got your car in time to take it down to the wedding. Did you outshine the bride?

Can't wait to see all the pics--hopefully you (and everyone else who got theirs) will keep posting and not forget about poor me, waiting, waiting...

I had a little reality check yesterday afternoon after getting a call that my Dad had taken a bad fall, slamming his head on the concrete on the way down. Because of the head trauma they took him all the way down to Stanford, so I spent the night at the hospital. Nothing like a life-and-death situation to put perspective on my obsession with this car. He seems to be okay but looks like someone beat him with a bat and threw him out of a moving car.

So it's actually better that it didn't make it up here for the weekend.

He was so sweet--there he is, bruised and battered, eye swollen shut, hooked up to all these machines and he's asking me about the car and when I'll get it. Like father, like daughter!
Oh my God, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm sending you my best wishes and prayers.

Here's wishing your Dad a speedy recovery with his caring daughter by his side.

Last edited by Inline_Six; 03-15-2015 at 04:14 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2015, 04:11 AM   #46
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
Gatte ... Supernaut ... gaijin, in a few weeks !
      03-15-2015, 09:47 AM   #47
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSixTwinScroll View Post
Gatte ... Supernaut ... gaijin, in a few weeks !
Yes Yes, What is it they say - "The longer the wait, the tastier the food".
Appreciate 2
      03-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #48
Silvermike
Second Lieutenant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M220i 6MT

Garage List
2015 M220  [9.50]
Quote:
-... and I'm a hardcore audiophile who makes some electronic music, so I do pay attention to sound, and I think it's decent..
Im an audiophile myself. I think the H/K is ok. The mids are fine, but the highs lack clarity and precision and the bass is no where as low as it should be and doesnt have impact. I have a JL audio system in the gfs car and it puts the H/K to shame.

P.S> Send me some of ure music!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 10:30 AM   #49
ellincali
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Convertible

Quote:
Oh my God, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm sending you my best wishes and prayers.

Thank you so much, Inline
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2015, 10:40 AM   #50
Silvermike
Second Lieutenant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M220i 6MT

Garage List
2015 M220  [9.50]
Quote:

Ditto
Appreciate 2
      03-15-2015, 12:26 PM   #51
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elincali View Post

He was so sweet--there he is, bruised and battered, eye swollen shut, hooked up to all these machines and he's asking me about the car and when I'll get it. Like father, like daughter!
I'm so sorry to hear that, but glad he did OK. It sounds like you both are due a therapeutic ride in a BMW convertible.
Appreciate 2
      03-15-2015, 02:52 PM   #52
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermike View Post
Im an audiophile myself. I think the H/K is ok. The mids are fine, but the highs lack clarity and precision and the bass is no where as low as it should be and doesnt have impact. I have a JL audio system in the gfs car and it puts the H/K to shame.

P.S> Send me some of ure music!
I haven't tweaked the treble much, so I dunno about the highs.

Right, the bass is not as intense as even my VW Fender 400 watt.

PM me your email address and I will send you a couple of MP3s (my music).
      03-15-2015, 04:54 PM   #53
scottomfg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 Cayman S 6MT, '21 X5 45E

I had a GLI also with the Fender set-up and I have to say that overall, I think the H/K is better. Now, the GLI had a bigger sub, and essentially used the trunk as the sub box, so it was definitely boomier and no way the H/K in our car can compete with that. However with the dual subs under the seats, I think our bass is a bit cleaner and definitely has more punch. It's a tradeoff, and just in terms of subs I give a slight edge overall to the GLI (if you just listen to say, rock or punk, the H/K is better, but if you listen to hip-hop and pop music with more prominent and synthetic/isolated bass the Fender sub really shines). But for the mids and highs, to me it's not even a contest: The H/K is much cleaner and has more range, where the Fender is a bit muddled and tends to compress a bit. Of course on the H/K, I really had to crank both the hi and lows up on the 'equalizer' to get the sound to pop.

But it's all super subjective, and there is no doubt at all that there could be great improvement on the H/K/ system, but I find it adequate for what it is.

2014 981 Cayman S 6MT, X73 Suspension, SES
2021 X5 45e MSport, Manhattan Green, Coffee Merino, Review & Photos
Previous: '18 340 GT, '15 M235i 6MT, '15 i3 REx, '15 x1 xDrive28i
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2015, 08:20 PM   #54
pocoyo_3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i / 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by elincali
Quote:
The X3 is not a bad "loaner" car to have

Congrats on making it to the VPC ! You should get it just in time for the weekend (which, I know from today's experience, is AWESOME) ... I'm guessing you'll get it on Fri ... this car really gives TGIF a whole new meaning

So, it looks like PHX767 and I have some photographing duties today

BTW, your original estimate of me getting my car on Fri the 13th was spot on !!! Having to wait the whole weekend would have KILLED me !
I am SO happy for you that you got your car in time to take it down to the wedding. Did you outshine the bride?

Can't wait to see all the pics--hopefully you (and everyone else who got theirs) will keep posting and not forget about poor me, waiting, waiting...

I had a little reality check yesterday afternoon after getting a call that my Dad had taken a bad fall, slamming his head on the concrete on the way down. Because of the head trauma they took him all the way down to Stanford, so I spent the night at the hospital. Nothing like a life-and-death situation to put perspective on my obsession with this car. He seems to be okay but looks like someone beat him with a bat and threw him out of a moving car.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Congrats on the new car. Hope you are able to give him a ride in our soon
2014 F30 328i / Alpine White / Black Sensatec / 8AT (2TB) / ZMM / 494 / 609 / ZDA / ZLP
2015 F22 M235i / Alpine White / 6MT / ZTP / ZPP / ZDA / 494 / ZDM
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2015, 09:17 PM   #55
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Bye bye, GLI. Thank you for your service. You will be missed.
Attached Images

03-15-2015, 09:48 PM   #56
1ChrisRuck
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 M2 LCI  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX767 View Post
Attachment 1172911

Say hello to my leeetle friend!! Mine showed up. Wife is bouncing off the walls.
Looks awesome! Congratulations and enjoy
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 09:57 PM   #57
1ChrisRuck
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 M2 LCI  [10.00]
Quote:
Oh my God, guys. This car is FUN FUN FUN

First impressions:
- Size of car ... PERFECT ! Like others have said, fits like a custom-tailored suit. Sounds cliche, but it really is true !
- Great visibility all around ... when changing lanes, easy to see out.
- Amazing steering response (when parking, it's like you're turning a wheel on one of those toy cars toddlers ride ... effortless). On the freeway, you gotta be careful not to turn the wheel too much.
- Throttle response (I've only tried Comfort mode so far, not changed it to Sport) is interesting ... don't want to misrepresent it, so I will hold my comment till I've had a chance to really review it.
- Brake feel is not as bad as YouTube reviewers say it is ... feels fine to me. I was concerned about this, but so far so good
- Very good quality of materials in interior (esp. steering wheel) ... very aesthetically pleasing
- iDrive is fairly easy to use (given I'm a software engineer)
- Harmon Kardon audio is sufficient but a bit disappointing even compared to my VW 400 watt Fender ... it will do, honestly. Again, not as bad as often portrayed, and I'm a hardcore audiophile who makes some electronic music, so I do pay attention to sound, and I think it's decent.
- NOTE: Due to relatively low ground clearance (i.e. sits low to the ground) or the low seat position (or both ?), you might have to adjust your side mirrors up a bit higher than normal for optimal visibility and safety. Depends on what car you're coming to this from. My VW sedan was a fair bit higher up

Summary - every maneuver you perform in this car will awaken your senses ... this is what driving should feel like ! It is so responsive and agile ... pure driving pleasure.

More pics here (sorry, can't attach here because resolution exceeds 2Addicts individual file upload constraints):

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/bm...20pickup%20day

Later (likely Sunday), I will put all pics up (and more high res pics) in the pics n videos forum.

Now, I gotta pack my clothes, figure out how to work the nav, and pilot this thing to OC for the wedding !

Have a great weekend, guys ! Will sign in from OC tonight (if hotel has wifi ... not sure).
Bro I am happy for you more than you know
For one that you finally received your new 2015 Glacier Silver M235i which looks awesome by the way and that your happy with it
And secondly, you receiving your M235i now means that I'm mere weeks away from receiving M235i

Love the pics you posted

To be honest, I've downloded your pics and look at them several times a day. Bro our M235i's are twins, I'm excited as all get out
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2015, 10:02 PM   #58
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ChrisRuck View Post
Bro I am happy for you more than you know
For one that you finally received your new 2015 Glacier Silver M235i which looks awesome by the way and that your happy with it
And secondly, you receiving your M235i now means that I'm mere weeks away from receiving M235i

Love the pics you posted

To be honest, I've downloded your pics and look at them several times a day. Bro our M235i's are twins, I'm excited as all get out
Always great hearing from you, brother Chris !

Yes, this car is worth every bit of the anticipation and anxiety ! It is such a pleasure to get in n out of (in more than out).

Great color choice ! Great minds think alike

Hang in there !
      03-15-2015, 11:41 PM   #59
Xiaoxi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a Miata

Quote:
Sucks about your tire. How ? Did you go over nails or glass ?
Pothole pothole potholes!

I don't think that is a big issue in Southern CA but sure is around here. Glad I got the tire warranty.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 12:22 AM   #60
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi View Post
Pothole pothole potholes!

I don't think that is a big issue in Southern CA but sure is around here. Glad I got the tire warranty.
Sucks ! Good idea getting the tire warranty.

BTW, potholes are more common in SoCal than you'd think ! In fact, just 2 months ago, my left front tire on my VW GLI fell victim to a pothole

Had to spend $360 on 2 new Bridgestone Potenzas, just 2 months before getting my M235i
      03-16-2015, 12:24 AM   #61
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

This picture kinda sums up my drive back home from OC yesterday night. Sorry for the blurriness, but it's hard to steady the cell phone while driving !
Attached Images

03-16-2015, 12:48 AM   #62
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottomfg View Post
I had a GLI also with the Fender set-up and I have to say that overall, I think the H/K is better. Now, the GLI had a bigger sub, and essentially used the trunk as the sub box, so it was definitely boomier and no way the H/K in our car can compete with that. However with the dual subs under the seats, I think our bass is a bit cleaner and definitely has more punch. It's a tradeoff, and just in terms of subs I give a slight edge overall to the GLI (if you just listen to say, rock or punk, the H/K is better, but if you listen to hip-hop and pop music with more prominent and synthetic/isolated bass the Fender sub really shines). But for the mids and highs, to me it's not even a contest: The H/K is much cleaner and has more range, where the Fender is a bit muddled and tends to compress a bit. Of course on the H/K, I really had to crank both the hi and lows up on the 'equalizer' to get the sound to pop.

But it's all super subjective, and there is no doubt at all that there could be great improvement on the H/K/ system, but I find it adequate for what it is.
I agree with your observations. Very good comparison !

Very true - it's subjective. And the H/K will certainly do
      03-16-2015, 12:50 AM   #63
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Sorry for the blurriness, but it's hard to steady the cell phone while driving !
Steady the Cellphone ???
If there was a cop on this forum, you'd be in some trouble.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 12:58 AM   #64
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

baxley and GrumpyPrincess

What's the word, guys ? Picked up yet ? If so, do share a pic or ten

, there is a member named GrumpyProgrammer !!! I was addressing GrumpyPrincess, and it popped out a list of people whose usernames start with Grumpy !
      03-16-2015, 01:00 AM   #65
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
Steady the Cellphone ???
If there was a cop on this forum, you'd be in some trouble.
Haha, yeah, I first looked around to make sure there were no cops (when I took the pic).

They don't mess around with that stuff anymore. A guy in my apt. complex got a ticket for texting, and the cop was quite harsh with him too.
      03-16-2015, 09:36 AM   #66
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Congratulations my friend! I was off-line all this past week. Bike Week, friends and riding (not necessarily in that order) plus some.

Read your observations and thoroughly enjoyed as always. Looks like we'll have ours by this month's end. Already have some aftermarket customization scheduled shortly thereafter.

Here's to many many miles of smiles to come!