THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Dealership troubles

03-12-2015, 01:13 PM   #1
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Dealership troubles

(...)

Last edited by Inline_Six; 03-15-2015 at 09:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 01:19 PM   #2
jstnstr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi

Ugh. Car salesmen. For most, once you have signed and are locked in to the deal they could probably care less.

Sounds like you already ordered etc... Sucks they are treating you like this now, I don't know how much you can do if you can't cancel the order...

| Previous: 18 M3 ZCP | 17 M3 6MT | 15 M235i |
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2015, 01:23 PM   #3
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

(...)

Last edited by Inline_Six; 03-20-2015 at 04:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 01:26 PM   #4
jstnstr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi

Well that's no fun... Nobody wants to spend that much money and get no customer service in return. I got the same vibe from all the dealers in my area which is why I went with ED/PCD. I hate when you ask direct questions and they dodge them by not answering them at all or giving half of an unclear answer.
SO SHADY.

| Previous: 18 M3 ZCP | 17 M3 6MT | 15 M235i |
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2015, 01:43 PM   #5
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

(...)

Last edited by Inline_Six; 03-15-2015 at 09:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 02:00 PM   #6
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

A few things. If your salesman has a few deliveries coming up it may be easier for him and the car detailing crew to spread the deliveries over a few days.
Since most car salesman work on Saturday a big day to conquest a sale they will usually have a weekday off, and the selling salesman is preferred by the dealership to be there on delivery day.
Sometimes a car comes off the truck in the morning and can be ready for delivery in a few hours, sometimes the truck comes later in the day and it can be a day or two for the dealership to be comfortable to call you to come in for pick-up.
My car as I recall was ready two days after the truck delivered. Picked the car up around noon-time on a beautiful August day, gave a nice big tip to the detail guy, my sales guy was relaxed, but I was so excited I refused to sit through a learning session about the car.
Maybe I'm wrong, but think about what I said and relax.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 02:31 PM   #7
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

(...)

Last edited by Inline_Six; 03-15-2015 at 09:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 03:05 PM   #8
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSixTwinScroll View Post
I sent them a 3rd response.

-------------------------------------------------

Let me make this easy for you and for me.

I want my car ready for pickup within 1 business day of its arrival at the dealership. Period.

Thank you,
Did the dealer get back to you after the initial response ?

I signed my contract and put down 5K and the dealer response has always been the same. You mentioned earlier that since it's a small town, you had to stick with this dealer. I got my car(which is still in Bremerhaven) 130 miles from where I live but the local dealer who I tried to work things out with has already offered a sticker for the windshield which would give me free washes at the dealership (Assuming of course I will have the car serviced there and also because it is a relatively new dealership and competing with some existing ones).

From your email exchange, your CA does not really seem to care. I am not telling you to relax or anything but he could just rev and rev your car(Beyond 4500 RPM) and do god knows what before the break-in period. It is just one more day.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 03:09 PM   #9
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

OP, to be frank, you have been showing a lot of excitement (and maybe too much) for some to take in. I am one of those and stopped reading your thread for tracking the vessel after a while and you have all the rights to do that on a public forum.

You have to understand that BMW and that includes your dealer are trying their best to provide updates to those of us who choose to order their cars instead of having us to buy from inventory.

I would say BMW has been doing a great job accepting custom orders with cars that are not even in the 100k range.

You need to relax a bit and just take it slowly.

This is coming from someone who ordered his car on Dec 5 and took over 3 months for it to arrive because of the holiday (close for a month).
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 03:09 PM   #10
MikeT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
The final straw was yesterday when the CA told me "I don't want you calling me everyday" and when he set up a pickup date of Thu Mar 19 ... ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME ?!!!!
I hear ya, man. It's inexcusable to tell a paying customer not to call. There are definitely some arrogant SOBs in this business, and I encountered one myself when I was shopping around a couple months ago. Luckily, I recognized his bad attitude early in the process and very quickly took my business elsewhere. Sounds like you got stuck someone like him.
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2015, 03:17 PM   #11
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307 View Post
OP, to be frank, you have been showing a lot of excitement (and maybe too much) for some to take in. I am one of those and stopped reading your thread for tracking the vessel after a while and you have all the rights to do that on a public forum.

You have to understand that BMW and that includes your dealer are trying their best to provide updates to those of us who choose to order their cars instead of having us to buy from inventory.

I would say BMW has been doing a great job accepting custom orders with cars that are not even in the 100k range.

This is coming from someone who ordered his car on Dec 5 and took over 3 months for it to arrive because of the holiday (close for a month).
I don't want to be speaking for InlineTwinScroll but in this day and age, a dealership is expected to be as competent as some of the others out there if they want to earn a client's business. I can see how it can be frustrating for someone to be so enthusiastic about his car and having to work with a dealership which shares ZERO of that enthusiasm.

It really starts to tick you off when you see a clear change in how they conduct themselves once they know you're hooked.
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2015, 03:19 PM   #12
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307 View Post

I don't give half a horseshit whether or not you read my posts I won't lose any sleep over you not reading them.

This is a public forum. Unless I'm breaking any rules, I don't care about what you say. If you don't wanna read my posts, don't.

Don't tell me to relax. You're not my mother.
      03-12-2015, 03:56 PM   #13
ABPReader
Deserter
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BM&W

Last edited by ABPReader; 10-14-2015 at 02:50 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2015, 04:06 PM   #14
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Inline, which part of the world are you located ?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 04:40 PM   #15
AFineMan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 228 IX & 2014 i3 REX

My $.02 worth

InLine

I too think my CA is a dud, but he has answered all my questions in a reasonable time, maybe I should re think my opinion.

Regardless, My Ca called me @ 8:30 this morning, said my car arrived, informed me he had sent me pictures of it coming off the truck (like I had asked) and said "Can you pick it up this afternoon".

So My dealer turned the car around the same day(I couldn’t pick it up today, but will be there first thing in the morning). I, of course don't know how many other cars came off this truck, but still same day turn around.

So my point is, they can turn around a car quickly (if they want to) and maybe my CA isn't the dud I thought he was (I'll reserve the final call till after I pick up the car).

Now the cynic in me says, if your dealer is going to take 3 days to turn your car around, in those 3 days, they will be calling customers who want to test drive a M235.

The cynic

AFM
Appreciate 2
      03-12-2015, 04:56 PM   #16
1ChrisRuck
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 M2 LCI  [10.00]
Wink LEVITY!

Quote:
I don't give half a horseshit whether or not you read my posts I won't lose any sleep over you not reading them.

This is a public forum. Unless I'm breaking any rules, I don't care about what you say. If you don't wanna read my posts, don't.

Don't tell me to relax. You're not my mother.
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

I leave the board for a few minutes and....

Let's chill before a moderator

I for one thoroughly enjoy your vessel/delivery thread and I would imagine many others do as well. The thread view count is good indicator of its popularity, good or bad

We're all car enthusiast with a penchant for BMW's! Let's

We need a "bury the hatchet" smilie

And oh yeah, speaking of horses4it

Last edited by 1ChrisRuck; 03-12-2015 at 05:11 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2015, 08:21 PM   #17
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ChrisRuck View Post

And oh yeah, speaking of horses4it

Ok, first - that shit is funny ^ lol

OP - The dealer makes a smaller profit on some cars than they would in the services after the sale. If you have the option, just do as little as necessary to get your car out of the dealership and home safely. After that, just go to a more reputable dealer for services. Although I have heard of some dealerships with great service departments and horrible salesmen service. I guess you can't discount one for the other.

Maybe show the management some of the back and forth you have had to deal with during the pick up, see if they can throw in more discount or a service/parts credit. I used a credit they gave me during the sale to pick up the MP alloy pedal set
      03-12-2015, 10:46 PM   #18
inktomi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 EBII M235i

I know how you feel about your car being in a void!

My car's been in limbo for a while now.. we'll get them sooner or later (hopefully sooner!).

I'm reeeeeeealllllllllllllyyyyyy hoping for this weekend, but if not.. then maybe the next.
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2015, 11:08 PM   #19
kd0t
Banned
Rep
Drives: M235i

I remember you said you were from SoCal! Which dealer is this? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to put them on blast
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 01:11 PM   #20
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

This problem has been resolved. Thanks to all who replied with helpful or even neutral responses.
      03-13-2015, 08:14 PM   #21
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Garage List
I'm glad you got past the CA. I'm sure he was more interested in chumming with the guy with 4 in-warranty BMWs including the 17 year old's M4 that replaced the M3 he just wrecked in the Home Depot parking lot.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2015, 08:39 PM   #22
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
I'm glad you got past the CA. I'm sure he was more interested in chumming with the guy with 4 in-warranty BMWs including the 17 year old's M4 that replaced the M3 he just wrecked in the Home Depot parking lot.
(...)

Last edited by Inline_Six; 03-15-2015 at 09:23 PM..
Appreciate 0