THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery M235i Ordered for March ED!

12-12-2014, 03:34 PM   #1
thekineticeffect
Rep
Drives: 2012 MINI Cooper

M235i Ordered for March ED!

Hi everyone!

New member here who just ordered his first full-on BMW (besides my current 2012 MINI Cooper). I'll be picking up an M235i with EBII, HK Sound, Technology Package, Oyster Leather, Summer Tires, and Fineline Wood Trim at an ED purchase price of $42,245 including the holiday credit (I posted details in the Deals thread). Redelivery will be in Los Angeles. I can send the CA name if anyone wants it via PM. My father and I will be going to Europe on March 16th to take delivery of the car, if all works out well. I'm very excited! We are also looking to see if the dealer will install a Passport 9500ix to the rear view mirror when the car gets here. This thread is to document what happens with the order. It's going to be a long wait...

Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      12-12-2014, 03:36 PM   #2
todd hollander
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30i

Congrats and ED is a monumental adventure, I am jealous.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 04:10 PM   #3
thekineticeffect
Rep

Yeah, my only problem is that I only have that week available (March 12 - 19) for going to Europe, so I'm trying to figure out an itinerary that will let me do a decent number of things while I'm there! And there's the problem of having performance tires during March too! Rentals require that I drop the car back off in Munich, which prevents me from having a more efficient open jaw trip.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 04:26 PM   #4
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Congrats! I did mine early October and it was amazing.
      12-12-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
SmallTownBoy
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i 6MT PSS BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekineticeffect View Post
Yeah, my only problem is that I only have that week available (March 12 - 19) for going to Europe, so I'm trying to figure out an itinerary that will let me do a decent number of things while I'm there! And there's the problem of having performance tires during March too! Rentals require that I drop the car back off in Munich, which prevents me from having a more efficient open jaw trip.
Congrats! I took ED on March 8 this year, with summer tires. Conditions were fine (+12C) and we dropped in Frankfurt, but I was keeping a close eye on the weather for weeks ahead of time. You should check with edwintertires.com to see if they stock for the M235i now. It's expensive to ship the wheels/tires back to Munich, but an option.
      12-14-2014, 02:38 PM   #6
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Go early. Eat breakfast in the lounge. The food is super delicious and free. Stay for lunch. Eat some of the white sausage (peel the casing). Have a few beers. Put some water and beer bottles in your bag for the road.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 08:23 PM   #7
thekineticeffect
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by govad View Post
Im in my hotel in munich waiting for delivery tomorrow morning! wish me luck
Ridiculously exciting! I bet tomorrow is going to be unforgettable. Don't forget and hopefully I get to follow in your footsteps in a few short (by which I course mean agonizingly long) months!

EDIT: And I got to see a specimen similar to mine in person at a local dealer. I think EBII was the right color choice for me! It looks phenomenal.
Attached Images

Last edited by thekineticeffect; 12-14-2014 at 08:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2015, 10:26 AM   #8
thekineticeffect
Rep

OMFG it's being built! I can't believe it's going to have been 6-7 months from when I first wanted this car to when I will get it in the US. But the Euro Delivery is in a month now. I'm slowly driving myself insane.......
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2015, 10:58 AM   #9
tke743
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 Comp

I took ED on Nov 7th last year. It is an awesome experience. Get the factory tour and the tickets to the museum. Take the advice and get there early, the food is good and just walking around Dr. No's lab (I swear the building was designed to look like it) is awesome.

Also, I got the fine line wood trim, and it is a little darker in person and looks AWESOME.
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2015, 11:49 AM   #10
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats!!

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 08:13 PM   #11
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Congratulations! European vacation and an awesome keepsake.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 08:53 PM   #12
//M235ixD
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 //M235i xDrive

Congrats!! car looks awesome. I am waiting to order mine. Hoping to do ED end of May.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 12:30 AM   #13
thekineticeffect
Rep

So the order tracking phone number says that production is complete apparently! So my car's going to sit in Leipzig for the next month collecting dust...

I'm coming for you MY PRECIOUS. (<- blame 140 day wait)

BTW, is the factory and museum tours something I need to reserve ahead of time or can I just say that I want to take them when I get to the Welt?

EDIT: Also lease signing date is set for the 21st. CA wanted to sign on 28th, but I'm busy that day so we're doing it early.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 12:50 AM   #14
inktomi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 EBII M235i

Just wait till you're on a ship heading back to LA from Bremerhaven. That's when the waiting, the endless refreshing at marinetraffic.com... it starts to get to you =p

(ED is amazing!!!!)

Edit.. yes - email the welt to sign up for your factory tour. You can visit the museum anytime.. but they run special factory tour groups for customers.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 11:34 AM   #15
thekineticeffect
Rep

Okay... flight date is closing in! One more week!

I did wonder about if it is possible/a good idea to get my car coded while I'm in Munich, since I figure there might be a large number of coders there. I'd like to code off the auto-stop, on the emergency brake lights, etc. Anyone try doing the same? Have any recommendations as for shops I can visit to get this kind of thing done in Munich? Should I ask in the coding forum?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 11:50 AM   #16
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Okay... flight date is closing in! One more week!

I did wonder about if it is possible/a good idea to get my car coded while I'm in Munich, since I figure there might be a large number of coders there. I'd like to code off the auto-stop, on the emergency brake lights, etc. Anyone try doing the same? Have any recommendations as for shops I can visit to get this kind of thing done in Munich? Should I ask in the coding forum?
While coding is simple and unlikely to cause an issue, I wouldn't do it while in a foreign country with my brand new car that's being used as my main mode of transportation. Beside, once it arrives back in the states, the VDC may wipe all your changes anyway.

Is your trip so relaxed that you'll actually have time to meet up with someone to work on coding your car? My trip was exhaustingly full of shit to do that there was no way I could squeeze something like that into the itinerary.
      03-06-2015, 12:15 PM   #17
thekineticeffect
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Is your trip so relaxed that you'll actually have time to meet up with someone to work on coding your car? My trip was exhaustingly full of shit to do that there was no way I could squeeze something like that into the itinerary.
Good point. I'm not a great planner (in general...) and so I realize I might getting a bit optimistic with regards to time lol! You are right, we are very squeezed for time! I've never coded before so I ended up with the impression that it would be fairly quick.

You also make a good point about mods getting cleared and hitches that could immobilize me!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 12:41 PM   #18
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good point. I'm not a great planner (in general...) and so I realize I might getting a bit optimistic with regards to time lol! You are right, we are very squeezed for time! I've never coded before so I ended up with the impression that it would be fairly quick.

You also make a good point about mods getting cleared and hitches that could immobilize me!
LOL I think I'm an awesome planner and even I planned more than my girlfriend and I could reasonably accomplish. If it's your first time, it's only natural to get so excited about the possibilities that you underestimate how long things really take and how much energy you'll truly have.

Coding is a fairly quick process, but still... you can find plenty of coders here in LA that will help you code your car for free. There is no need to spend your time doing what you can do at home while on foreign soil. For me if something wasn't worth talking about, I probably wasn't going to spend my time doing it over there.
      03-28-2015, 02:20 AM   #19
thekineticeffect
Rep

Took delivery last Monday! Didn't have internet access so I couldn't post. Drove her quite a bit. First to Fussen, then to Salzburg, Innsbruck, St Gallen, Rhine Falls, Konstanz, Black Forest, Stuttgart, and finally back to Munich! 1000 miles all in about 4 days! Dropped her off on the 21st. The trip was amazing. The Autobahn was fast as advertised (though very much under control, unlike LA lol) and the Swiss countryside was beautiful! I've also come to appreciate the quality of food and drink in Europe as well as the amazing driving manner.

The M235i was absolutely fabulous. It felt nice that, for once, I had more power on tap than I really needed. Though I couldn't push the revs past 4k for break-in, the amazing part is that I never felt like I needed to! There was plenty in the low end revs to keep the car pulling acceptably. And Estoril Blue looks amazing paired with the Oyster Leather. I miss the car dearly and can't wait for the boat to bring her back. All I have now is the key! Since my port is likely Hueneme, the NYK-Line and WW schedules seem to indicate two candidate boats for my car; FEDORA (arrives May 02) and ALTAIR LEADER (arrives May 10). So I have a really bad wait ahead of me lol!

Unfortunately not too many pictures; both my dad and I regard photography as detracting from the moment! A few of the small number of pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/zassrf8da...i2oogKTt0Kjd-a

EDIT: Also broke my personal land speed record: now 130mph!
EDIT: Oh, and a shout out to the forum member who stopped by to check out our car in Erding!

Last edited by thekineticeffect; 03-28-2015 at 02:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 11:36 AM   #20
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Hi everyone!

New member here who just ordered his first full-on BMW (besides my current 2012 MINI Cooper). I'll be picking up an M235i with EBII, HK Sound, Technology Package, Oyster Leather, Summer Tires, and Fineline Wood Trim at an ED purchase price of $42,245 including the holiday credit (I posted details in the Deals thread). Redelivery will be in Los Angeles. I can send the CA name if anyone wants it via PM. My father and I will be going to Europe on March 16th to take delivery of the car, if all works out well. I'm very excited! We are also looking to see if the dealer will install a Passport 9500ix to the rear view mirror when the car gets here. This thread is to document what happens with the order. It's going to be a long wait...

Congratulations, I did mine in February. Amazing experience. I have a Passport 9500IX as well. Let me know if your dealer agrees to do an install.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 04:31 PM   #21
//M235ixD
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 //M235i xDrive

Congrats!! She is beautiful!!

your wheel looks different than the picture in BMW order site. Are those standard wheels or did you get something different?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 11:58 PM   #22
thekineticeffect
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M235ixD View Post
Congrats!! She is beautiful!!

your wheel looks different than the picture in BMW order site. Are those standard wheels or did you get something different?
Haha those were the winter tire rentals. The car will have the normal tires when she gets back.
Appreciate 0