THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery M235i Convertible - 1st time BMW Owners

03-19-2015, 02:22 PM   #1
tgarci01
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Convertible - Black

Garage List
M235i Convertible - 1st time BMW Owners

We ordered our M235i in late January and are both very excited about our first BMW. We're both in our mid-50's and decided the time was ripe to bite the bullet. I've been enamored with BMW design and style since an SCCA neighbor of mine back in the 90's had an old 2002. Since ordering, this site came up in our production tracking radar. We've laughed plenty over some of the stories and the obsessiveness of some people in tracking their new joys. Guess what? We've joined the club.

My wife will walk up to me out of the blue with "Guess what?" She'll continue with "I got a production number", "My car production has started", etc. We call the 800 number just about every hour it seems. This morning I dialed for the automated status and it said the car was still in production with a completion date of yesterday so I optioned through the system to speak to someone. They informed me that it had been released for transport to the port for shipping...PROGRESS... I then zipped to the WW shipping line site and entered my VIN on the tracking page...NOPE! Not accepted by them yet...more waiting...

We called our CA as well today to have him finalize the performance center delivery in SC... Hoping for mid/late April pickup and can't wait... I've never ordered a custom optioned car before and neither has my wife. The whole process has been completely different than dealing with the run of the mill brand car dealer/process. Yes, you pay a premium but we feel it will be worth it.

The wife and I have a couple vintage TR6 roadsters but hers is only driven in the warm sunshine and mine is under ground up restoration in the garage. We needed another car (read convertible) that could give her an extended driving season here in N Ohio and our 2nd anniversary is coming up... She picked it out, optioned it (including the port installed exhaust/diffuser), and she is chomping it to bits to get behind the wheel. She also refused to go with the automatic...preferring the manual transmission...

Just wanting to say thanks for all the info on the site. I'm going to go back to looking for tracking updates now...obsessively... Tom
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2015, 02:41 PM   #2
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgarci01 View Post
We ordered our M235i in late January and are both very excited about our first BMW. We're both in our mid-50's and decided the time was ripe to bite the bullet. I've been enamored with BMW design and style since an SCCA neighbor of mine back in the 90's had an old 2002. Since ordering, this site came up in our production tracking radar. We've laughed plenty over some of the stories and the obsessiveness of some people in tracking their new joys. Guess what? We've joined the club.

My wife will walk up to me out of the blue with "Guess what?" She'll continue with "I got a production number", "My car production has started", etc. We call the 800 number just about every hour it seems. This morning I dialed for the automated status and it said the car was still in production with a completion date of yesterday so I optioned through the system to speak to someone. They informed me that it had been released for transport to the port for shipping...PROGRESS... I then zipped to the WW shipping line site and entered my VIN on the tracking page...NOPE! Not accepted by them yet...more waiting...

We called our CA as well today to have him finalize the performance center delivery in SC... Hoping for mid/late April pickup and can't wait... I've never ordered a custom optioned car before and neither has my wife. The whole process has been completely different than dealing with the run of the mill brand car dealer/process. Yes, you pay a premium but we feel it will be worth it.

The wife and I have a couple vintage TR6 roadsters but hers is only driven in the warm sunshine and mine is under ground up restoration in the garage. We needed another car (read convertible) that could give her an extended driving season here in N Ohio and our 2nd anniversary is coming up... She picked it out, optioned it (including the port installed exhaust/diffuser), and she is chomping it to bits to get behind the wheel. She also refused to go with the automatic...preferring the manual transmission...

Just wanting to say thanks for all the info on the site. I'm going to go back to looking for tracking updates now...obsessively... Tom
tgarci01 : Hey Tom, I am sure I speak for everyone here when I warmly welcome you to the forum. And YES, we are a little obsessive when it comes to our cars.

Great selection on the car and an even better selection on the wife.

Now, If you are sure that WW is what is shipping your car and the ports that they are shipping to, the following URL will take you to a search tool where you will be able to find out which port the car would be shipping to. The port of departure should most definitely be Bremerhaven:
http://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?url=...ppSchedules%2F

Keep in mind that there are other shipping companies as well that transport cars to the U.S.

Once you know which ship your car is assigned to, you can even see the progress made by the ship on Marinetraffic and Vesseltracker (After the Ship sails away from port and into the seas).
There are also cameras at a lot of ports so you will be able to see the actual ships as they load the cars onto them.

It's a very long wait but we'll be here if you need anything along they way.
Appreciate 1