THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Finally have a delivery date.

02-08-2016, 07:27 AM   #1
Sir Thomas Bombadil
Private
Rep
Drives: AW M235 6MT

Finally have a delivery date.

So after nearly a year and a half of obsessing over this car, I finally ordered my 235 a little over a week ago. I got my PCD date yesterday (April 15) and I'm afraid I may lose my sanity before then.

AW M235 6MT
Tech/Navigation
Sensatec
H/K Speakers
Driver's Assistance Package
Orbit Gray wheels
Heated seats

MSRP was around $49,970 including delivery, and my sale price was $45,572, including the $1,000 option.

I've been driving an Acura TL for the last 9 years and, while it's been a great car, this will be my first new car and my first car of good quality, so I want to make sure I take good care of it. What is everyone's opinion on the extended maintenance program? I'm intending to purchase the car and keep it for 5+ years, so I'd imagine I should break even if purchasing the extended maintenance, but I've read conflicting thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2016, 07:41 AM   #2
DMB228
Rep
Drives: 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Thomas Bombadil View Post
So after nearly a year and a half of obsessing over this car, I finally ordered my 235 a little over a week ago. I got my PCD date yesterday (April 15) and I'm afraid I may lose my sanity before then.

AW M235 6MT
Tech/Navigation
Sensatec
H/K Speakers
Orbit Gray wheels
Heated seats

MSRP was around $49,970 including delivery, and my sale price was $45,572, including the $1,000 option.

I've been driving an Acura TL for the last 9 years and, while it's been a great car, this will be my first new car and my first car of good quality, so I want to make sure I take good care of it. What is everyone's opinion on the extended maintenance program? I'm intending to purchase the car and keep it for 5+ years, so I'd imagine I should break even if purchasing the extended maintenance, but I've read conflicting thoughts.
Congrats on your purchase! I just ordered my 228i on Saturday so I don't even have PCD date yet. Yeah I hear ya on the wait, it's going to be brutal!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2016, 11:00 AM   #3
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:

AW M235 6MT
Tech/Navigation
Sensatec
H/K Speakers
Orbit Gray wheels
Heated seats

I think the extended maintenance plan might be worth it if you intend to keep taking your car to BMW for service after your warranty is up because their service is really expensive. Just add up all of the scheduled maintenance costs through the extended warranty period and compare it to the cost of the extended plan. Alternatively you could take your car to a reputable BMW accredited independent shop after the original warranty expires and probably save money.
Oh yeah, congrats on the new ride!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2016, 01:59 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats!!
Make sure to share pics once car is delivered

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2016, 04:56 PM   #5
ibeam81
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII M235i, 2004 Acura TL

Quote:

AW M235 6MT
Tech/Navigation
Sensatec
H/K Speakers
Orbit Gray wheels
Heated seats

Sir Thomas congrats. I just ordered a similar build this past weekend. The difference being EBII and 8AT. The traffic is terrible in the DC area and I have a long commute. BTW, I'm also driving an Acura TL and planning on PCD.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2016, 05:07 PM   #6
redontheline
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EB 235 MT

Congrats!

My order for PCD went in late Thursday night. Still in status 112 with no confirmed production date, but your timeline makes me hopeful I will get my expected late April/early May delivery.

I also got a 6spd 235. Maybe I'll get bumped up and we can do a photoshoot.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 12:40 AM   #7
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Congrats. The wait is brutal dude. I ordered on 12/14/15. My PCD date is 3/9/16. I can't wait!

Speaking of waiting, you don't have to buy the extended warranty immediately. You can wait until your warranty is about to run out. That way you can decide if you're going to keep the car or not. If you decide not to keep it then you didn't waste money on the extended warranty. You can also shop around the price of the warranty with different dealers.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2016, 06:54 AM   #8
Sir Thomas Bombadil
Private
Rep
Drives: AW M235 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
I think the extended maintenance plan might be worth it if you intend to keep taking your car to BMW for service after your warranty is up because their service is really expensive. Just add up all of the scheduled maintenance costs through the extended warranty period and compare it to the cost of the extended plan. Alternatively you could take your car to a reputable BMW accredited independent shop after the original warranty expires and probably save money.
Oh yeah, congrats on the new ride!
Thanks! I'll definitely be doing some more cost comparisons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeam81 View Post
Sir Thomas congrats. I just ordered a similar build this past weekend. The difference being EBII and 8AT. The traffic is terrible in the DC area and I have a long commute. BTW, I'm also driving an Acura TL and planning on PCD.
Congrats. I really liked the EBII, but couldn't quite get the fiancé on board with that one. I really liked my TL - it's a great car - but after I test drove a 235, it's just been horrendously unsatisfying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redontheline View Post
Congrats!

My order for PCD went in late Thursday night. Still in status 112 with no confirmed production date, but your timeline makes me hopeful I will get my expected late April/early May delivery.

I also got a 6spd 235. Maybe I'll get bumped up and we can do a photoshoot.
I'm still in 112 as well, which is killing me. I know I shouldn't check the order status every day, but I just can't help myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
Congrats. The wait is brutal dude. I ordered on 12/14/15. My PCD date is 3/9/16. I can't wait!

Speaking of waiting, you don't have to buy the extended warranty immediately. You can wait until your warranty is about to run out. That way you can decide if you're going to keep the car or not. If you decide not to keep it then you didn't waste money on the extended warranty. You can also shop around the price of the warranty with different dealers.
Congrats! You're getting real close. I bet the last month will be worse than those first few weeks.

My main concern with delaying the extended maintenance plan was BMW's decision to tweak how the maintenance works/what it covers. If I go ahead and buy it now, the extended maintenance will continue covering the brakes, clutch, etc., but I'm not sure if that will be the case if I try to extend it in ~2 years or so. Sounds like a topic that would be worth doing a bit of digging for information.

Last edited by Sir Thomas Bombadil; 02-09-2016 at 07:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 07:27 AM   #9
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My main concern with delaying the extended maintenance plan was BMW's decision to tweak how the maintenance works/what it covers. If I go ahead and buy it now, the extended maintenance will continue covering the brakes, clutch, etc., but I'm not sure if that will be the case if I try to extend it in ~2 years or so. Sounds like a topic that would be worth doing a bit of digging for information.
Ah, very good point. I'll see if I can find some information as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 05:25 PM   #10
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! I'll definitely be doing some more cost comparisons.

Congrats. I really liked the EBII, but couldn't quite get the fiancé on board with that one. I really liked my TL - it's a great car - but after I test drove a 235, it's just been horrendously unsatisfying.

I'm still in 112 as well, which is killing me. I know I shouldn't check the order status every day, but I just can't help myself.

Congrats! You're getting real close. I bet the last month will be worse than those first few weeks.

Okay, apparently changes will be announced next month. I hope they announce them early because I pick up my car on 3/9.

To help with the obsessive calling for info setup a contact on your phone with the following phone number. Replace the X's with your production number. The commas are 1 second pauses. This way you just call the contact and then don't have to key in any prompts.

8008311117,,2,,,XXXXXXX,,1
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2016, 02:52 PM   #11
mugenprincess
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Okay, apparently changes will be announced next month. I hope they announce them early because I pick up my car on 3/9.

To help with the obsessive calling for info setup a contact on your phone with the following phone number. Replace the X's with your production number. The commas are 1 second pauses. This way you just call the contact and then don't have to key in any prompts.

omg this is amazing!! Thanks for this! My car won't be out of production till Feb 17th. sighhh
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 03:05 PM   #12
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenprincess View Post
omg this is amazing!! Thanks for this! My car won't be out of production till Feb 17th. sighhh
Haha, I hope you don't call every 3 hours like I did. Also, put your phone on mute if you're in a somewhat loud environment and using speaker phone. The robot will try to interpret the background noise as you making verbal entries.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 08:08 AM   #13
redontheline
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Got my PCD date the week after you - 4/22!!

I should have known with an uncle in Greenville, but the lack of flight options from Philly are a little scary so far.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 04:27 PM   #14
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenprincess View Post
You should call the BMW Genius line at 844.443.6487 instead. The automated system is a minimum of 2-3 days behind where your car actually is. The Genius line is usually much better. Either way the tracking and overally production workflow for BMW is suprisingly poor/inconsistent haha
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 04:32 PM   #15
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbalch View Post
You should call the BMW Genius line at 844.443.6487 instead. The automated system is a minimum of 2-3 days behind where your car actually is. The Genius line is usually much better. Either way the tracking and overally production workflow for BMW is suprisingly poor/inconsistent haha
Interesting. I'll give them a call tomorrow. My boat pulled into Baltimore yesterday, but it's headed to Georgia next. Idk if they pulled the car off yesterday or if it's headed to GA. Regardless, I'll meet it in Greenville.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 04:34 PM   #16
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Interesting. I'll give them a call tomorrow. My boat pulled into Baltimore yesterday, but it's headed to Georgia next. Idk if they pulled the car off yesterday or if it's headed to GA. Regardless, I'll meet it in Greenville.
Actually if you are already at the port in the US then the Genius line probably won't be of much service...best bet is your dealer at this point.

Genius -> use until you get on a boat
Boat Tracker -> use until you get to the port of entry (US)
Dealer -> once you are at the port
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 11:51 PM   #17
pjohns21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 EB-II/CR 228i xDrive

My vehicle is in transit according to the robot lady on the phone, which is exactly what My BMW says on bmwusa.com. How do I track the boat? We are flying into SC and driving back to Chicago, staying in Nashville for one night. Anyone know the best place to eat in Nashville?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 09:15 AM   #18
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Call your dealer and they can tell you what boat you're on. I live in Charleston, SC so I was able to go to the harbor and see the actual boat. I took my boys with me and made it a guy's trip. It was cool to involve them a bit.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 09:35 AM   #19
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

I'm a little jealous. My MSRP is the same, but my out the door price is $300 higher.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 05:33 PM   #20
redontheline
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
I'm a little jealous. My MSRP is the same, but my out the door price is $300 higher.
Go back at them! There're deals to be made.

Edit: On second thought, you must have been okay with your deal at the time if you made it. This forum is a great tool when you are shopping and negotiating but dangerous once you've signed. There's always going to be someone out there who pushed that extra bit.

Last edited by redontheline; 02-15-2016 at 05:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 10:51 AM   #21
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by redontheline View Post
Go back at them! There're deals to be made.

Edit: On second thought, you must have been okay with your deal at the time if you made it. This forum is a great tool when you are shopping and negotiating but dangerous once you've signed. There's always going to be someone out there who pushed that extra bit.
Definitely. It's still well below invoice so me trying to get extra money off would have just been greedy. I already felt lucky since the dealer sold me the car at TrueCar price with no questions asked.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 01:13 PM   #22
mugenprincess
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbalch View Post
Actually if you are already at the port in the US then the Genius line probably won't be of much service...best bet is your dealer at this point.

Genius -> use until you get on a boat
Boat Tracker -> use until you get to the port of entry (US)
Dealer -> once you are at the port
Thanks so much for all this. I did call the genius line and my car is indeed on the boat already vs the main line which is telling me it's waiting for the vessel. lol

Thanks!
Appreciate 0