THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Question on Drive event...

09-06-2015, 10:26 AM   #1
merlin3008
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Question on Drive event...

I completed the Drive for Team USA event at my dealership that gave me the certificate for the $1,000 off expiring after August. I ordered a car in August for October PCD. My dealership seems to think that the certificate only applies if I took delivery in August, not ordered the car in August. I called BMW NA and they just referred me back to the dealer for more info. Anyone have a definitive answer on that one??
2016 M235i xdrive, Alpine White, Terra Leather, Orbit Gray Wheels (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #2
ralawren
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i MSport w/Trk Pkg

Read the fine print. Mine said I had to order or purchase the car after the event. There is also an expiration date which can be a problem if you order and the car is not officially in your possession before it expires.

The certificate is from BMW not the dealer so you should be able to use a different dealer if you are not satisfied.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 09:55 AM   #3
merlin3008
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Upon calling the BMW Genius, it seems that the Drive for Team USA event was meant to be used on cars delivered within 60 days. However, the fine print on the certificate does not say that at all. It says cars "purchased" during that timeframe. As far as I'm concerned, I placed my order after the event within the 60 days and that qualifies. I escalated it to customer relations and they are looking into it. I'm hopeful.
2016 M235i xdrive, Alpine White, Terra Leather, Orbit Gray Wheels (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 07:00 PM   #4
skeeedunt
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

From what I understand, "purchased" is the date you sign the papers and get the keys, which is why it's difficult/impossible to use these 60 day incentives on orders (unless you do the event after I guess).

Would be glad to hear I'm wrong, as I've got a code I'd be able to use if that weren't the case.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 08:34 PM   #5
ralawren
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i MSport w/Trk Pkg

The incentives are intended to clear out inventory. I am pretty sure you can not use the credit for a vehicle you ordered before the driving event and it is difficult to order and take possession in 60 days.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 09:58 PM   #6
stratatak7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i xDrive M-Sport

Garage List
Let me get this clarified for those who still have this question.

Good news: You can use the Drive For Team USA incentive as long as you sign the paperwork within the 60 days of the event. I just did this today.

My 2016 228i M-Sport is on the Integrity and comes into Baltimore on October 1st. I did my financing, down payments, and contract today.

Very excited to just go to the dealer, grab the keys, and drive off the lot in my new car. Plus that $1000 rebate sure is nice.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 02:57 AM   #7
vexingv
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratatak7 View Post
Let me get this clarified for those who still have this question.

Good news: You can use the Drive For Team USA incentive as long as you sign the paperwork within the 60 days of the event. I just did this today.

My 2016 228i M-Sport is on the Integrity and comes into Baltimore on October 1st. I did my financing, down payments, and contract today.

Very excited to just go to the dealer, grab the keys, and drive off the lot in my new car. Plus that $1000 rebate sure is nice.
where did you get this clarification/confirmation?
anything written from BMW corporate itself?
who did you contact? (do you have an email address or phone #?)

i'm in a similar situation. i attended the drive event during the summer. this week, i put in a purchase order for a new car. i had forgotten to mention the $1000 credit until the end after, signing the purchase order. the dealer told me that the credit is only for delivery within 60 days, however there is no mention of this anywhere in the fine print of the voucher.

the dealer took my redemption code/OL number. two issues:
  1. i'm hoping this dealer is not BS-ing me and not honoring the voucher/credit when it should.
  2. whether the dealer is telling me i can't receive the credit, but since they took down my redemption code, are instead taking the credit for themselves and not passing it down to me.

i called the 800 number in the email and honestly the person on the line sounded kind of clueless and said it was for delivery within 60 days. i find it hard if that's the case, as ordering a vehicle makes it very difficult to fit within this timeframe.

for those who have received this credit, is it a deduction from the final sale price of the car (in which case the credit is pass to the dealer who then in turn passes it along to the end consumer)? is it a rebate that is given directly to you in the amount of $1000? did the voucher/credit appear in your initial purchase order?

thanks.

btw here's the fine print from the emailed voucher:

Last edited by vexingv; 09-23-2015 at 02:59 AM.. Reason: add fine print
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 09:34 AM   #8
stratatak7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i xDrive M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexingv View Post
where did you get this clarification/confirmation?
anything written from BMW corporate itself?
who did you contact? (do you have an email address or phone #?)

i'm in a similar situation. i attended the drive event during the summer. this week, i put in a purchase order for a new car. i had forgotten to mention the $1000 credit until the end after, signing the purchase order. the dealer told me that the credit is only for delivery within 60 days, however there is no mention of this anywhere in the fine print of the voucher.

the dealer took my redemption code/OL number. two issues:
  1. i'm hoping this dealer is not BS-ing me and not honoring the voucher/credit when it should.
  2. whether the dealer is telling me i can't receive the credit, but since they took down my redemption code, are instead taking the credit for themselves and not passing it down to me.

i called the 800 number in the email and honestly the person on the line sounded kind of clueless and said it was for delivery within 60 days. i find it hard if that's the case, as ordering a vehicle makes it very difficult to fit within this timeframe.

for those who have received this credit, is it a deduction from the final sale price of the car (in which case the credit is pass to the dealer who then in turn passes it along to the end consumer)? is it a rebate that is given directly to you in the amount of $1000? did the voucher/credit appear in your initial purchase order?

thanks.

btw here's the fine print from the emailed voucher:
Hello, I do not have an official confirmation of this information from BMW, however, I assumed that by signing my contract before the car has actually arrived stateside that the information provided is true. My dealer is also really good and they seem to know what they are doing. Very up front with me about everything which I like.

MSRP was $41,445. I got $3950 off the MSRP and then the $1000 College Graduate rebate and the $1000 Drive for Team USA rebate. I was allowed to combine all of these at Richmond BMW (In Virginia).

So I got one heck of a deal out of this. I signed my paperwork on day 58 since the Team USA drive event with the car still on the boat.

That was enough for me and I can only speak from experience.

I also tried calling the 800 number and they were very unhelpful. They only read off the paper and told me to contact my CA for more information. So management contacted BMW to make sure they could do it. They even extended the date until November for me if I wanted, which was strange, but very welcome.

Overall, they gave me no trouble with this and if your dealer does, I'd be looking for a new one for the future.

Last edited by stratatak7; 09-23-2015 at 10:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 08:44 AM   #9
vexingv
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i xdrive

i contacted BMW NA and was told the vehicle must be delivered within the timeframe. i however did not ask if my voucher could be extended. i've included the BMW representative's reply below

Quote:
Dear XXXXX:

Thank you for writing to BMW of North America, LLC regarding the Drive for Team USA Allowance. Here is some useful information:

- The Drive for Team USA Allowance is only valid for 60 days from the date the customer has attended the Drive for Team USA Event.

- The Drive for Team USA Allowance can be used to offset the customer's out-of-pocket costs towards the purchase or lease of any eligible BMW.

- If a customer chooses an ordered vehicle and it cannot be delivered within the 60-day qualifying period, the Drive for Team USA Allowance will not be eligible for redemption.

The BMW Customer Relations and Services Department is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., ET. You can reach us at 1-800-831-1117.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Quenyona Patterson
Customer Relations and Services
Representative
Appreciate 0