THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery 2017 M240i On The Way!! (Updating with pics...)

09-15-2016, 06:28 PM   #45
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i 6MT RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe240 View Post
My SA sent me some pictures of the car!

Super excited! Hoping delivery is next week but we'll see. I still need to grab the gas cap for a color match for the paint shop. Hoping that doesn't take to long to get painted.
Awesome!!! Exciting, bro!!

I'm going to be lucky if I get mine by the end of next week. Apparently, the guy who normally installs the MP parts just got promoted and they haven't hired anyone to backfill his position (+1 to management-level planning), so what's going to happen there is up in the air. And the guy who is painting my front lip and diffuser just picked it up today! on Thursday! when he was supposed to pick it up Monday and have it done by now! I'm cool. Whatever. The guys who could install the MP parts (I'm not sure who that is since that one guy who was going to do it just got promoted) won't touch the car until the painted parts come back finished. Why? IDK. What do the painted parts have to do with all the other things they could be doing to my car to get it ready, like take it out of transport mode, install the other MP parts, etc.? No answer. Hell, I offered to just install all the parts myself, no prob, but they insisted they'd get it done. I mean, the reason I'm letting them install the parts in the first place is only because I was reasoning that the person installing the parts had the experience of doing it many times before so that they'd do a better job than I would. If some newbie shows up installing this shit and does a half-assed job, I'm not going to be happy, and I won't let that slide!

So, mine is just sitting there. It's been a week now at the dealer and they've literally done nothing to it at all, but let it sit out in the rain. I'm a fairly patient person, but I'm also now paying for a car I can't drive, and I have to wait to pick it up before I can sell my current car that I'm still paying for, and there's no concrete plan of forward momentum on any of this happening in any sort of defined timeframe.

While I'm hopeful, I'm not terribly happy with how things are currently playing out. I hope the issues that are up in the air right now get clarified soon. I'd like to recommend the dealer and my experience with them to others in the future. But what started as a great experience is starting to tip in the opposite direction.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 01:19 AM   #46
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
Awesome!!! Exciting, bro!!

I'm going to be lucky if I get mine by the end of next week. Apparently, the guy who normally installs the MP parts just got promoted and they haven't hired anyone to backfill his position (+1 to management-level planning), so what's going to happen there is up in the air. And the guy who is painting my front lip and diffuser just picked it up today! on Thursday! when he was supposed to pick it up Monday and have it done by now! I'm cool. Whatever. The guys who could install the MP parts (I'm not sure who that is since that one guy who was going to do it just got promoted) won't touch the car until the painted parts come back finished. Why? IDK. What do the painted parts have to do with all the other things they could be doing to my car to get it ready, like take it out of transport mode, install the other MP parts, etc.? No answer. Hell, I offered to just install all the parts myself, no prob, but they insisted they'd get it done. I mean, the reason I'm letting them install the parts in the first place is only because I was reasoning that the person installing the parts had the experience of doing it many times before so that they'd do a better job than I would. If some newbie shows up installing this shit and does a half-assed job, I'm not going to be happy, and I won't let that slide!

So, mine is just sitting there. It's been a week now at the dealer and they've literally done nothing to it at all, but let it sit out in the rain. I'm a fairly patient person, but I'm also now paying for a car I can't drive, and I have to wait to pick it up before I can sell my current car that I'm still paying for, and there's no concrete plan of forward momentum on any of this happening in any sort of defined timeframe.

While I'm hopeful, I'm not terribly happy with how things are currently playing out. I hope the issues that are up in the air right now get clarified soon. I'd like to recommend the dealer and my experience with them to others in the future. But what started as a great experience is starting to tip in the opposite direction.
Ouch sorry for the shit show you're getting Are you going with Herzburg to get the parts painted? I dropped off the tow hook cover to them to color match yesterday morning. They said should be done by Monday or Tuesday (just the front lip and splitters) so not sure how long yours will take, but I'd assume around there as well if you went with them.

I was a little upset about it sitting in the waiting lot as well, and they have it backed up near the fence by McDonalds with the bushes there (wife was upset and said there better not be any scratches). It's just a week or 2, not to bad for sitting in the weather when it will do the same thing for the rest of it's life. As long as the car is properly washed/waxed, it won't dull the paint at all. It does suck paying on it when it's just sitting there, but patience is a virtue and I'm hoping that this wait will pay off somewhere else.

Any work I don't have to do myself sounds good to me. And like you said, it'd be nice to have an experience person installing it, but if the nub does a crappy job, you point it out to them and they will fix it. The front of our car has bugs all on the front (assuming it was up top and in the front on the truck) and we pointed it out to our SA and he said it will all be cleaned and shiny when we pick it up. If it's not and there's any scratches or blemishes, I'll leave it with them to do the job right.

My SA told me the garage processes about 30-40 jobs each day, with only 8 bays (I think that's how many bays he said) so they're pretty busy on a daily basis. He said he is going to schedule my car to be prepped for delivery and the parts installed for next week around the time the lip comes back from paint so that way it's not being held up any longer than it needs to be.

I understand your frustrations with everything and I hope things work out for the better for you. I'd expect some hiccups when ordering a new car from the factory that just arrived (like timing issues, car a little dirty from transport, etc.) because it's not like in the states where usually you just walk on the lot and walk off with a car that has had 25+ days sitting there to be detailed and prepped for sale.

Last edited by Joe240; 09-16-2016 at 11:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 01:31 PM   #47
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

yeah, it's no big deal. I was just mildly annoyed at the situation. However, that's moot as apparently that's not the situation anymore!! My SA is awesome!! I don't know what she did, or what happened between the situation explained to me yesterday and today, but somehow she convinced them to install all the parts today!!!! Snapped a couple quick cell phone pics while I was picking up the leftover parts. Updated on the original post.

And I got my pickup date! This coming Wednesday!!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 02:26 PM   #48
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
yeah, it's no big deal. I was just mildly annoyed at the situation. However, that's moot as apparently that's not the situation anymore!! My SA is awesome!! I don't know what she did, or what happened between the situation explained to me yesterday and today, but somehow she convinced them to install all the parts today!!!! Snapped a couple quick cell phone pics while I was picking up the leftover parts. Updated on the original post.

And I got my pickup date! This coming Wednesday!!
Woot! Congrats! Glad they got it all worked out for you gonna get those miles in going between buildings now for the data center move lol
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2016, 04:52 AM   #49
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Woot! Congrats! Glad they got it all worked out for you gonna get those miles in going between buildings now for the data center move lol
Yeah, with that little trunk won't be moving too much at a time. Guess I'll have to take more trips! Too bad... Lol.

I've got to plan a loooong road trip for the weekend after. I want to break in the engine something quick. Because the weekend following I've got a friend coming in from another continent and we're planning a drive to Munich for Oktoberfest. I don't want to baby it all the way there and back.

Let's see, an average of 60 miles per hour for 10 hours of driving x 2 days = 1200 miles! Seems feasible in a single weekend!!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2016, 07:55 AM   #50
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, with that little trunk won't be moving too much at a time. Guess I'll have to take more trips! Too bad... Lol.

I've got to plan a loooong road trip for the weekend after. I want to break in the engine something quick. Because the weekend following I've got a friend coming in from another continent and we're planning a drive to Munich for Oktoberfest. I don't want to baby it all the way there and back.

Let's see, an average of 60 miles per hour for 10 hours of driving x 2 days = 1200 miles! Seems feasible in a single weekend!!
60mph? That's the speed limit on the autobahn. I think you could easily do 100 and still keep it under 4500rpm
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2016, 08:10 AM   #51
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Just got my wheels mounted and balanced this morning. There is very minimal bulge over the side, not enough to protect the rim from a curb so gonna have to be extra careful.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 04:27 PM   #52
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

How did you get the M2 CF interior trim?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 04:39 PM   #53
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
How did you get the M2 CF interior trim?
I just ordered them through the dealer. Gave them the part numbers said 'I want these. Put them in there." And they did. They fit perfectly. ☺

The crappy part is that the individual part numbers for the M235i interior kit parts don't exist. And the M2's handle and center console parts aren't listed for sale individually yet either at this point, so to make it happen I had to order both the full M235i/240i interior kit plus the M2 dash pieces netting me 2 extra alcantara dash pieces lying around. Not the cheapest way to go, but whatever. I'm more concerned about the final product than the few extra bucks it took to get there. I'll probably post them up for sale here soon and get some cash back.
Appreciate 1
Joe2402923.50
      09-19-2016, 04:43 PM   #54
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
How're you liking the car so far?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 05:52 PM   #55
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

Love those replicas! I still may end up getting a set next Spring. They look really badass on the 2 series. Saw your other thread about the small manufacturing defects. Bummer! Still, who's going to see them any closer than 5 feet anyway, right? Definitely going to have to watch those curbs! I've got rash on my Audi wheels and those actually had some poke. Didn't quite save them on that one fatal evening... Can't wait to hear what you have to say after they're mounted and spinnin'! A lot more rubber on the ground than my skinny 405s.

I pick it up Wednesday evening, so can't say how I like it quite yet. I'm going to try to get it into the auto-glass shop Thursday morning to get the tinting done. I'll find out tomorrow morning if I can make that happen. Then I'll get more pics of the "final" setup. The final setup for now, that is.

This weekend, I think I'm doing a road trip along the Rhine. I'll get some decent miles on the Autobahn and some back roads to get some varied speeds and some light engine braking in. That should help seal the pistons and all that jazz, and give me some good time to get to know the beast. And of course, the scenery is not so bad either!! Haha! Love living in Germany!

Last edited by Hrothgar; 09-19-2016 at 05:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 01:36 AM   #56
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Love those replicas! I still may end up getting a set next Spring. They look really badass on the 2 series. Saw your other thread about the small manufacturing defects. Bummer! Still, who's going to see them any closer than 5 feet anyway, right? Definitely going to have to watch those curbs! I've got rash on my Audi wheels and those actually had some poke. Didn't quite save them on that one fatal evening... Can't wait to hear what you have to say after they're mounted and spinnin'! A lot more rubber on the ground than my skinny 405s.

I pick it up Wednesday evening, so can't say how I like it quite yet. I'm going to try to get it into the auto-glass shop Thursday morning to get the tinting done. I'll find out tomorrow morning if I can make that happen. Then I'll get more pics of the "final" setup. The final setup for now, that is.

This weekend, I think I'm doing a road trip along the Rhine. I'll get some decent miles on the Autobahn and some back roads to get some varied speeds and some light engine braking in. That should help seal the pistons and all that jazz, and give me some good time to get to know the beast. And of course, the scenery is not so bad either!! Haha! Love living in Germany!
Thanks, I like the replicas regardless, sucks for the few defects, but they're still going on the car because it'd be to expensive to send them back and still be out on wheels. They don't look bad from a distance and most people wont be looking at them up close I suppose. I haven't hit any curbs here yet (knock on wood) so I'm hoping to keep that going. From what I've heard on here regarding the 235/265 setup people really like the extra grip feel. When I test drove the 235 before placing the 240 order, I thought it felt nice and planted to begin with. Not sure if I'm going to switch the wheels right away or if I'm going to run the PSS the first 500 miles so that they are kind of broke in when I go to the ring.

Who're you going through for tinting and are you gonna go all windows or just the legal backs? I'm debating if I'm going to get a nano film for the front or not. It'd be nice to keep the bug guts from eating the paint. Our black avenger shows the little spots and it sucks >.<

The scenery here is beautiful and it's everywhere when on the road. Definitely gonna miss it when we go back to the states. I was thinking about doing a small road trip as well once we get the car, so I'm gonna have to make sure I have my class work done for the week so my wife and I have the weekend free for a few hours of driving. Maybe we'll go see some more castles or something (haven't been to one in over a year). Be nice to go see the bmw museum, might need to pack up the pups for the weekend with the wife and stay down there or something.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 02:25 PM   #57
Luv2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 m240i, 2023 G87 M2

Congrats on the new car.
The 240i seems to be living up to the hype.
      09-20-2016, 02:32 PM   #58
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Ya I haven't heard anything bad about the 240 yet.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 04:53 PM   #59
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I like the replicas regardless, sucks for the few defects, but they're still going on the car because it'd be to expensive to send them back and still be out on wheels. They don't look bad from a distance and most people wont be looking at them up close I suppose. I haven't hit any curbs here yet (knock on wood) so I'm hoping to keep that going. From what I've heard on here regarding the 235/265 setup people really like the extra grip feel. When I test drove the 235 before placing the 240 order, I thought it felt nice and planted to begin with. Not sure if I'm going to switch the wheels right away or if I'm going to run the PSS the first 500 miles so that they are kind of broke in when I go to the ring.

Who're you going through for tinting and are you gonna go all windows or just the legal backs? I'm debating if I'm going to get a nano film for the front or not. It'd be nice to keep the bug guts from eating the paint. Our black avenger shows the little spots and it sucks >.<

The scenery here is beautiful and it's everywhere when on the road. Definitely gonna miss it when we go back to the states. I was thinking about doing a small road trip as well once we get the car, so I'm gonna have to make sure I have my class work done for the week so my wife and I have the weekend free for a few hours of driving. Maybe we'll go see some more castles or something (haven't been to one in over a year). Be nice to go see the bmw museum, might need to pack up the pups for the weekend with the wife and stay down there or something.
Why do you want to take your stock wheels to the ring and not the wider wheels with more grip?

I'm going legal 3 windows, medium tint 20%. I was thinking about the clear bra as well, but it's rather expensive. My Audi, also black, has a few dings from rocks and such as well. The thing is, I figure if I'm going to pay that much, I might as well just get it repainted in a few years if it gets that damaged. Worth it? I'm not sure. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 04:08 AM   #60
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Why do you want to take your stock wheels to the ring and not the wider wheels with more grip?

I'm going legal 3 windows, medium tint 20%. I was thinking about the clear bra as well, but it's rather expensive. My Audi, also black, has a few dings from rocks and such as well. The thing is, I figure if I'm going to pay that much, I might as well just get it repainted in a few years if it gets that damaged. Worth it? I'm not sure. Thoughts?
The 19s have all seasons on them, not summer tires. Though they are wider, they may not be as sticky. I might end up keeping them on when I go to the ring as well, but I'll have to see how things work out with the 19s with rubbing (if there is any). The PSS are supposedly stickier, but the walls are softer so they roll on themselves under harder cornering. That's why I'm on the fence though because the 19s have a smaller sidewall so they wont roll on themselves as much (hopefully) and they're fairly sticky already (DWS06 are some of the best all seasons) plus they're 10mm/20mm wider (front to back) which might mean they'll perform just as good, if not better than the PSS. I have 1200 miles to test the hard cornering abilities of each set before I can go hard on the motor anyways so I'll try them both out (road to my house from base is curvy anyways) and see which I like best for it.

I wasn't sure how much the front clear bras would be. We have a leather car bra for our black avenger, but don't keep it on because we don't want the paint to fade different than the rest of the car. We only used it during long drives (like when we went to the ring in 2015). If the cost of the clear bra is going to be a couple hundred euro and it's equal to the amount for just a respray, might just pass it up then. I know the clear bras also cause the paint to fade differently so might not be worth it.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 08:43 AM   #61
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

Clear bra jobs I've read about are multiple thousands not just hundreds depending on how much of the front end you get done. Haven't priced out anything in the local area though.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 08:46 AM   #62
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

Pickup got delayed by a day. I'll be picking her up tomorrow night instead. Plus side is that they're going to drive it to the auto glass shop and get the tinting done for me before pickup, so when I do finally pick it up it'll be a complete package and I won't have any other pit stops to make. I'm cool with that.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 10:32 AM   #63
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Wow that sucks. I just left there and saw your car we're picking ours up tomorrow at 1700
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 03:07 PM   #64
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Wow that sucks. I just left there and saw your car we're picking ours up tomorrow at 1700
Awesome! My appointment is at 1900. I stopped by today and Kat told me that someone from Bimmerpost came by and recognized my car. I think yours was in the back so I didn't get a chance to see it. I'm sure I'll see pics on here soon, right?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 03:21 PM   #65
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Of course you'll see pics once I get it lol. Ya mine was in the bay when we were leaving. They had the pedals and cf interior installed as well as the front splitter/lip. They were about to do the rear spoiler and see if the mperformance steering wheel trim would fit our wheel (the matte cf part of the trim). It looked like it was the same size so I expect it will fit.

I was gonna take a pic of it and post it on here. I decided not too. Guess it was a good thing because Kat asked me "you didn't take a picture of that did you?" Probably knew I'd post it and she wants it to be a surprise lol. Understandable 😁
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 04:13 PM   #66
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Of course you'll see pics once I get it lol. Ya mine was in the bay when we were leaving. They had the pedals and cf interior installed as well as the front splitter/lip. They were about to do the rear spoiler and see if the mperformance steering wheel trim would fit our wheel (the matte cf part of the trim). It looked like it was the same size so I expect it will fit.

I was gonna take a pic of it and post it on here. I decided not too. Guess it was a good thing because Kat asked me "you didn't take a picture of that did you?" Probably knew I'd post it and she wants it to be a surprise lol. Understandable 😁
Haha! Where did you get the cf steering wheel insert?! I need. Need.
Appreciate 0