BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > I think I'm starting to lose my mind.

10-03-2014, 05:19 AM   #23
Wilson
Private
Rep
Drives: broken down

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
The M2 is going to have navigation standard, probably adjustable suspension, parking sensors, lane assist, garage door openers galore and I am willing to bet the exhaust will not drone and probably be too quiet...they probably will offer a performance exhaust though.
Hell, you just described the exact car I want, I'm going in tomorrow to put my deposit down.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 07:06 AM   #24
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Hell, you just described the exact car I want, I'm going in tomorrow to put my deposit down.
Haha!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 07:37 AM   #25
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1077 View Post
I wouldn't be in any rush to buy one to start with, when I bought my M135 the salesman said they had already taken deposits for at least two M2's and for all we know it could be a pile of poop
Why would it be? Go test drive an M235i, and then M3/4. Take the best of both worlds, and there's your M2 (minus the S55). I've done so and I'm salivating at that prospect.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 08:18 AM   #26
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

I rather hope nav is not an option on the M2. Nor a HUD, nor adaptive suspension, nor electric steering, nor power seats...

We want an M2 that recaptures the raw hooliganism of the 1M, which is, IMHO, the best thing BMW has made since the E46 M3.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #27
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post

Why doubt the M egnineers..?
Because they are lead by non-engineers...!

And, it is not; "What M-car has been poop" ..? It was that they current M's are not well liked.. since the e46. Or, not what long-time followers envisioned/imagined they want.

People DO NOT have to adapt to newer/different driving dynamic.
Manufacturers have to provide dynamics that the people want. BMW M-division is trying to force people into a Marketing ring.. while others are waiting to see if the M2 follows suite, or breaks from the circle.

That is why soooo many people are waiting, hinged on the M2 announcements. Because for a great many... the M2 is the ONLY thing keeping people around BMW's camp. If the M2 doesn't provide, many are leaving BMW brand forever, because the 10+ year wait is killing most of us.

The 1M has been the only excitement from BMW M in 10 years.. (Thnx DR. Segler).
Everyone has their opinions I guess. I've driven all sorts of M cars (and own an E36 M3 and E92 M3), and I have to say I enjoy the new M cars. The F80 is too big for me, but I won't deny that it's a great car that drives great. Yea you might not like the E9x or the F8x, but to say that there's been no good cars is weird, especially when they get great reviews from what I've seen. Not to mention that I've driven them and actually really liked them.

My question is this: What are you going to move to? I'd love to be in a Porsche, but that is not even the same price bracket. American muscle? Apart from the Vette (which is only a 2 seater), I can't think of a car I'd actually REALLy want. Can't see myself driving a Lotus either.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 08:22 AM   #28
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post
I rather hope nav is not an option on the M2. Nor a HUD, nor adaptive suspension, nor electric steering, nor power seats...

We want an M2 that recaptures the raw hooliganism of the 1M, which is, IMHO, the best thing BMW has made since the E46 M3.
Don't know about NAV. HUD will for sure not be offered. Adaptive will be an option. EPS is inevitable. Power seats will most likely be standard if they take the seats straight out of an M3/4.

I can live with that though.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 09:04 AM   #29
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Don't know about NAV. HUD will for sure not be offered. Adaptive will be an option. EPS is inevitable. Power seats will most likely be standard if they take the seats straight out of an M3/4.

I can live with that though.
Is the seating in the 2 high like the 1 series? The main reason I didnt get power seats in the 1M was because the seating position would have been over an inch higher. It feels too high even with the manuals.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #30
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Is the seating in the 2 high like the 1 series? The main reason I didnt get power seats in the 1M was because the seating position would have been over an inch higher. It feels too high even with the manuals.
It was pretty high from what I remember. But then again, the whole car just felt really tall from the inside. I didn't really play around with the seating position though, so I probably shouldn't answer

I'd also go manual seats if they are offered though. Less is more for me when it comes to the M2 (apart from LED headlights and HK).
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #31
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post

Didn't the reviews of the new M3 say it actually drove better with adaptive suspension? Something like they thought not getting that option would make it feel like Sport mode all the time but it was much softer in reality.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #32
DS_BMW
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 comp, 22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Quote:
It was pretty high from what I remember. But then again, the whole car just felt really tall from the inside. I didn't really play around with the seating position though, so I probably shouldn't answer

I'd also go manual seats if they are offered though. Less is more for me when it comes to the M2 (apart from LED headlights and HK).
Will the M2 have LED headlights? One of my favorite things on my 4.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 10:20 AM   #33
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
Everyone has their opinions I guess. I've driven all sorts of M cars (and own an E36 M3 and E92 M3), and I have to say I enjoy the new M cars. The F80 is too big for me, but I won't deny that it's a great car that drives great. Yea you might not like the E9x or the F8x, but to say that there's been no good cars is weird, especially when they get great reviews from what I've seen. Not to mention that I've driven them and actually really liked them.

My question is this: What are you going to move to? I'd love to be in a Porsche, but that is not even the same price bracket. American muscle? Apart from the Vette (which is only a 2 seater), I can't think of a car I'd actually REALLy want. Can't see myself driving a Lotus either.
You said it yourself... "The f80 is too big for me, but... "
If an M car has gotten to big, then it has become an improper M-Car. The M5's of yore weren't too big, and yet now the M3 is..

Seems BMW has you fooled too, & You are defending cars you wouldn't even buy. The F80 is invalid to me, because the premium you pay was for small cars. If BMW wants to get big, USA has plenty of that.

Nearly 25 peep at a tailgate last week all were discussing this exact thing. If the BMW M2 isn't a value like the 1M, many are hanging up their roundel for an American car. Seems American manufacturers understand the heart of driving..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 04:18 PM   #34
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
You said it yourself... "The f80 is too big for me, but... "
If an M car has gotten to big, then it has become an improper M-Car. The M5's of yore weren't too big, and yet now the M3 is..

Seems BMW has you fooled too, & You are defending cars you wouldn't even buy. The F80 is invalid to me, because the premium you pay was for small cars. If BMW wants to get big, USA has plenty of that.

Nearly 25 peep at a tailgate last week all were discussing this exact thing. If the BMW M2 isn't a value like the 1M, many are hanging up their roundel for an American car. Seems American manufacturers understand the heart of driving..
What is a proper M car anyway? Ever own one before?
The F80 is in a weird spot that it's too big to be a pure weekend car, but too small for my needs as a sole DD because I have 2 big dogs. If they had made an F81, I would glaly would have sold everything I have and bought one of those! Even the E39 M5 doesn't really fit my need, but are you going to tell me that it's not a "proper" M car? Don't know what made you think I wouldn't consider an F80. If the M2 doesn't quite work out, the F80 is well within my radar of next car I add to my E92.

Like I said, the Corvette is a hell of a value. But if you are looking for a practical, fast and fun car, what are you going to get? A Mustang or Camaro? Hardly compact lightweight cars are they.

I see that in every thread, you keep saying how everything has gone to hell since the E46 M3. Ever driven any of them by any chance?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #35
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
What is a proper M car anyway? Ever own one before?
The F80 is in a weird spot that it's too big to be a pure weekend car, but too small for my needs as a sole DD because I have 2 big dogs. If they had made an F81, I would glaly would have sold everything I have and bought one of those! Even the E39 M5 doesn't really fit my need, but are you going to tell me that it's not a "proper" M car? Don't know what made you think I wouldn't consider an F80. If the M2 doesn't quite work out, the F80 is well within my radar of next car I add to my E92.

Like I said, the Corvette is a hell of a value. But if you are looking for a practical, fast and fun car, what are you going to get? A Mustang or Camaro? Hardly compact lightweight cars are they.

I see that in every thread, you keep saying how everything has gone to hell since the E46 M3. Ever driven any of them by any chance?

If the M2 doesn't fix BMW.. then no sense in going with a M4, when for the same size car you can go American V8.

People pay a premium for BMW M-car, because of their compact size & performance. If M-Cars are no longer respectable in size & weight, why pay a premium for them..?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 03:42 PM   #36
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

Quote:
If the M2 doesn't fix BMW.. then no sense in going with a M4, when for the same size car you can go American V8.

People pay a premium for BMW M-car, because of their compact size & performance. If M-Cars are no longer respectable in size & weight, why pay a premium for them..?
True. I hate to admit it in this forum, but if the M2 is a disappointment (which I doubt it will be), I am genuinely cross-shopping it with a track-package GT.
Sure, it's not small and lightweight anymore, but the power difference makes up for it, so BMW really has to deliver a difference worth paying for.
Appreciate 0