THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Who added Port Installed Accessories?

02-21-2015, 12:38 PM   #1
1ChrisRuck
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 M2 LCI  [10.00]
Who added Port Installed Accessories?

Did you add any port installed accessories? If so which accessories did you opt for?

My car finished production last week and is waiting to be assigned to a ship. I added these port installed accessories: the M Performance Exhaust, the exhaust tips and the Carbon Fiber mirror caps.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 01:09 PM   #2
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 718 Cayman

If any, most people here probably just opted for the LSD.

I personally opted for the LSD/diffuser/tips. I couldn't justify the MP exhaust. My car is currently on a boat called Tuscana and is currently in a port in Belgium (as per marine traffic)

Does anyone know how long it takes at port before the accessories are installed? My ETA for NY/NJ port is the 4th and where I am in PA is probably only 3hrs max of a drive, so Im trying to figure out when I'll get it.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 02:08 PM   #3
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Yup, I added a few port installed accessories (noted in my signature)
///M235i | 2015 | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | 8-speed automatic | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Heated Seats | Harman/Kardon Premium Sound | M Performance Exhaust w/ Chrome Tips | Black Kidney Grilles | Carbon Fiber: Mirror Caps, Interior w/ Alcantara Trim, and Brake Handle
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 02:16 PM   #4
1ChrisRuck
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2 LCI  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by missxmelon View Post
Yup, I added a few port installed accessories (noted in my signature)
Cool accessories. I'm excited and looking forward to attending a Texas 2-Series car meet.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 02:49 PM   #5
Bubbsy
M235i Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ChrisRuck
Did you add any port installed accessories? If so which accessories did you opt for?

My car finished production last week and is waiting to be assigned to a ship. I added these port installed accessories: the M Performance Exhaust, the exhaust tips and the Carbon Fiber mirror caps.
I added the three you mentioned. Car should arrive at dealership in 4 days.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 02:55 PM   #6
glaukopes
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

LSD and Black Kidney Grills. Hoping it doesn't delay the delivery too much.

All the people on this forum continually raving about MPE is making me second-guess not getting it. Hopefully I'll be fine without it.

I am curious about how many people will do LSD. Based on previous threads I've seen complaining about the price, I was thinking my car might be one of the few with it--which would be a nice selling point when the time comes.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 02:57 PM   #7
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ChrisRuck View Post
Cool accessories. I'm excited and looking forward to attending a Texas 2-Series car meet.
Thanks!! Texas 2-series car meet would be awesome
///M235i | 2015 | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | 8-speed automatic | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Heated Seats | Harman/Kardon Premium Sound | M Performance Exhaust w/ Chrome Tips | Black Kidney Grilles | Carbon Fiber: Mirror Caps, Interior w/ Alcantara Trim, and Brake Handle
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 03:05 PM   #8
wjones14
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Black Kidney Grills
Rocker Panel Decals
M Performance Exhaust
M Performance Rear Diffuser

The car is on the Oregon Highway, expected ETA March 1 in Baltimore. My PCD date is April 10, so plenty of time for them to install the extras!
      02-21-2015, 03:41 PM   #9
Nuwheels
Private
Rep

Having MP exhaust and rear diffuser port installed....it's due into port Feb 27. Asked my CA how long to dealer but he didn't know....he hasn't exactly been pro active with info or updates thus far so not surprised. I'm hoping timing works out so I can turn in current lease before next payment is due Mar 4.
      02-21-2015, 05:34 PM   #10
1ChrisRuck
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2 LCI  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbsy View Post
Congratulations! What color did you order? Looking forward to seeing pics when you get it.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 05:49 PM   #11
1ChrisRuck
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2 LCI  [10.00]
Thanks for the replies. It's cool to know that I'm not alone in adding port installed M Performance Accessories... It was difficult limiting myself on adding accessories now. I plan on adding the front splitter, carbon fiber rear spoiler, rocker panel decals and the stainless pedals at later date.

Also considering adding an AFE drop-in air filter, VMR 705 wheels or powder coating stock wheels, H&R springs and front/rear dash cam setup.

Just patiently waiting for it to arrive
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 05:53 PM   #12
davefromfla
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M440ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
Black Kidney Grills
Rocker Panel Decals
M Performance Exhaust
M Performance Rear Diffuser

The car is on the Oregon Highway, expected ETA March 1 in Baltimore. My PCD date is April 10, so plenty of time for them to install the extras!
On the same ship. Having the grills, MPE, and diffuser port installed. Hope to have it by March 10th.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 05:59 PM   #13
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

LSD only on mine, the rest can be done later or at home. Important to note that I bought mine, I know some leases can residualize the upgrades.

Quote:
I would skip the CF mirror caps for two reasons. 1 - it takes 5 mins to do yourself and is very easy. 2 - you can sell or shelve the OEM mirror caps just in case. Even the MPE can be installed at home in an afternoon with minimal tools - its just the muffler, not a full exhaust, and does not require welding/etc.

I may be able to provide a review of the AFE drop in filter soon, mine should arrive in the next few days :P
      02-21-2015, 06:19 PM   #14
1ChrisRuck
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2 LCI  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy6698 View Post
LSD only on mine, the rest can be done later or at home. Important to note that I bought mine, I know some leases can residualize the upgrades.

I would skip the CF mirror caps for two reasons. 1 - it takes 5 mins to do yourself and is very easy. 2 - you can sell or shelve the OEM mirror caps just in case. Even the MPE can be installed at home in an afternoon with minimal tools - its just the muffler, not a full exhaust, and does not require welding/etc.

I may be able to provide a review of the AFE drop in filter soon, mine should arrive in the next few days :P
I considered installing the mirror caps myself. Just wouldn't work for me. If they didn't fit absolutely perfect or if I accidently broke or scratched something, I'd never forgive myself. For me, it's worth paying the extra rather than me stressing about "now how am I going to do this?" I can't tell you how many times I've heard "it's easy to do". Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't believe you. I'm sure it is easy for some. It's just that what is easy for some may be difficult for others. I find it easy to speak in front of large crowds, some people are terrified of the idea and can not do it. One needs to be confident when messing around with a $50K car.

Looking forward to your impressions on the AFE drop-in. By the way, what do we do when it's time to service our cars? Do we remove and clean the AFE filters and put the factory filter back in for service. But the factory filter will be clean and obviously unused.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 07:07 PM   #15
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

We opted for LSD, black grills, CF rear spoiler and rocker panel decals. Will consider other upgrades for later.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 07:22 PM   #16
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
LSD only on mine, the rest can be done later or at home.
Same here.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 07:31 PM   #17
Bubbsy
M235i Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ChrisRuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbsy View Post
Congratulations! What color did you order? Looking forward to seeing pics when you get it.
BSM
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 09:31 PM   #18
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

Quote:
I considered installing the mirror caps myself. Just wouldn't work for me. If they didn't fit absolutely perfect or if I accidently broke or scratched something, I'd never forgive myself. For me, it's worth paying the extra rather than me stressing about "now how am I going to do this?" I can't tell you how many times I've heard "it's easy to do". Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't believe you. I'm sure it is easy for some. It's just that what is easy for some may be difficult for others. I find it easy to speak in front of large crowds, some people are terrified of the idea and can not do it. One needs to be confident when messing around with a $50K car.

Looking forward to your impressions on the AFE drop-in. By the way, what do we do when it's time to service our cars? Do we remove and clean the AFE filters and put the factory filter back in for service. But the factory filter will be clean and obviously unused.
I totally understand. I'm a pretty big noob mechanically, but I'm not afraid to give a tug on plastic bits I plan to replace anyways. Honestly, I could show you on FaceTime in about 2 minutes how to pop the mirror caps off. They are pretty easy, somewhat cheap, and I never felt like I was putting the mirrors at risk.

Will update my own thread on the AFE, and here if I remember :P Dropping in Dinan springs and steel brake lines for summer track events as well.
      02-22-2015, 09:55 PM   #19
verbs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I totally understand. I'm a pretty big noob mechanically, but I'm not afraid to give a tug on plastic bits I plan to replace anyways. Honestly, I could show you on FaceTime in about 2 minutes how to pop the mirror caps off. They are pretty easy, somewhat cheap, and I never felt like I was putting the mirrors at risk.

Will update my own thread on the AFE, and here if I remember :P Dropping in Dinan springs and steel brake lines for summer track events as well.
I might have to go your route on the mirror caps off Ebay or something. $150 from there vs. about $800 with taxes port installed...even when residualized via lease like my car I just can't justify that.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 10:00 PM   #20
verbs
Captain
Rep

Quote:

I'm torn on the M Performance Exhaust. As someone who has heavily modified cars over the years, I struggle with the concept of paying for a "performance exhaust" that adds zero power, not to mention the fact that if you just buy the exhaust and have it port installed, my understanding is the tips stick out further from the bumper area than stock, which forces you to buy an aftermarket diffuser on top of that.

That said, my current car is a 335i M-sport (which I'm turning in for an M235i). The 335i has a very boring exhaust sound to me, so I wouldn't mind something different.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 10:05 PM   #21
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Dude, I would also be interesting in seeing how you install the mirror caps. I bought aftermarket CF caps, and refuse to pay a dealer $100 for something that would take me 2 minutes. I've seen images of people supposedly "popping" it off, but a YouTube video or detailed written instructions would be great !

Thanks in advance !
      02-22-2015, 10:07 PM   #22
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbs View Post
I might have to go your route on the mirror caps off Ebay or something. $150 from there vs. about $800 with taxes port installed...even when residualized via lease like my car I just can't justify that.
Totally agree. I bought mine on eBay for about $130. They shipped from China. I received them, in good packaging, and in perfect condition - no scratches or other defects. They look perfect, but since I don't have my car yet, I'm yet to comment on the fit. That's the only downside of EBay parts ... uncertainty about the fit.

But, it seems ridiculous to pay $700 for OEM mirror caps. Jesus Christ, I mean they're tiny plasticy parts that're just for looks anyways !!!