THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos Keyfob colors on M235i?

06-25-2014, 10:11 PM   #23
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-Miami View Post
I love american consumers. So careless and not demanding. Ready to throw $50k (as long as they don't have to pay immediately) and take whatever they are given and will even be thankful to dealer for providing the opportunity to bring the money to him. I love USA, this is why I am 5 years here, came with $600 in a pocket and now drive M235i brand new. Thanks to such guys. Perfect consumer country

I'm raising the valid question, why there is a blue keyfob for white/red car, and these consumers dare to make laugh at me well, good luck getting screwed by every single merchant, you are indeed what they call "a perfect consumer"
You were the one that was on here a few days ago getting straight ripped off by your dealer. The rest of us are paying market price and below. I think you are the perfect consumer.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 10:24 PM   #24
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Popcorns
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 12:12 AM   #25
Vlad-Miami
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i MW/CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska///235i
I hope bmw will never match the shift knob to your dick size cuz then you will be very disappointed and have very short shifts
Is that what your gf tells you? lol. I don't have that problem, dude. But you are funny. Not offensive at all in my case, but a nice try

Benu, all this clown comments are somewhat funny, and i did get my answer. Thanks. No need to overestimate the importance of my curious question though. No need to shittalk about south beach people, I'm not from there. No need to go personal, this message about shift knob well shows the age and intellectual level of some people here, doubt the guy even has a bmw. The joke is of a level of 9 year old kid.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 12:34 AM   #26
Vlad-Miami
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
Quote:
I love american consumers. So careless and not demanding. Ready to throw $50k (as long as they don't have to pay immediately) and take whatever they are given and will even be thankful to dealer for providing the opportunity to bring the money to him. I love USA, this is why I am 5 years here, came with $600 in a pocket and now drive M235i brand new. Thanks to such guys. Perfect consumer country

I'm raising the valid question, why there is a blue keyfob for white/red car, and these consumers dare to make laugh at me well, good luck getting screwed by every single merchant, you are indeed what they call "a perfect consumer"
You were the one that was on here a few days ago getting straight ripped off by your dealer. The rest of us are paying market price and below. I think you are the perfect consumer.
Well, i investigated that too. First of all, my dealer went from $608/mo to $527 after we sit and finished paperwork. Secondly, i am not lucky enough to live in a village in a middle of nowhere where dealers pray to get a sale. I live in megapolis full of investors where every fifth car is a bmw and my dealership is one of the largest. In fact another dealer even refused to take my order when i requested some discount, they literally said - you can purchase somewhere else. Hope it answers your demand question. The allocations for M235i are very low and demand in such dealership is not small. For some it maybe worth spending time looking for a best deal around usa, but I have to admit, I didn't bother. I simply don't want to exchange half a year of waiting for extra $$. That simple. I am in sales business for last 5 years, I am well aware of how this all functions. Yes, I could get a slightly better deal, but I didn't bother. That's it. Large down oayment is BFS decision based on my limited credit history, which i am totslly ok with. I respect other businesses' profits too, I can not call myself a cheap @ss, i pay reasonable prices. I strongly believe that people who try their @ss off to get $20/mo discount should not lease a car for $50000 in a first place.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 01:32 AM   #27
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, i investigated that too. First of all, my dealer went from $608/mo to $527 after we sit and finished paperwork. Secondly, i am not lucky enough to live in a village in a middle of nowhere where dealers pray to get a sale. I live in megapolis full of investors where every fifth car is a bmw and my dealership is one of the largest. In fact another dealer even refused to take my order when i requested some discount, they literally said - you can purchase somewhere else. Hope it answers your demand question. The allocations for M235i are very low and demand in such dealership is not small. For some it maybe worth spending time looking for a best deal around usa, but I have to admit, I didn't bother. I simply don't want to exchange half a year of waiting for extra $$. That simple. I am in sales business for last 5 years, I am well aware of how this all functions. Yes, I could get a slightly better deal, but I didn't bother. That's it. Large down oayment is BFS decision based on my limited credit history, which i am totslly ok with. I respect other businesses' profits too, I can not call myself a cheap @ss, i pay reasonable prices. I strongly believe that people who try their @ss off to get $20/mo discount should not lease a car for $50000 in a first place.
I e-mailed four people and got $1200 over invoice. Did the same last time on a $60k BMW. It is because I am an informed consumer. By the way, last time I checked southern california has just as many BMWs as south beach. I guess we just have smarter consumers here and work better deals, whereas in sobe, people wear the fact that they pay more a month than the next guy as a badge of honor, even if it really just means they got ripped off. Trust me, I know. I lived in Miami Beach longer than you.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 01:57 AM   #28
Vlad-Miami
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
I e-mailed four people and got $1200 over invoice. Did the same last time on a $60k BMW. It is because I am an informed consumer. By the way, last time I checked southern california has just as many BMWs as south beach. I guess we just have smarter consumers here and work better deals, whereas in sobe, people wear the fact that they pay more a month than the next guy as a badge of honor, even if it really just means they got ripped off. Trust me, I know. I lived in Miami Beach longer than you.
Totally agree on this. 100%.

On a side note, Miami does not end in South Beach. Nobody lives in South beach. If you lived here for long, you should know that. Sobe is strictly touristic and I won't even mention that area speaking about the city.

Another reason why my car was purchased with a cold weather package.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 02:11 AM   #29
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Quote:

you sound like an uneducated fool
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 02:18 AM   #30
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Oh snaps. No he di'nt!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 02:22 AM   #31
Vlad-Miami
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerm1t
Quote:

you sound like an uneducated fool
Even uneducated fool then speaks more languages than you. What a pity sorry abt that
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 02:31 AM   #32
Vlad-Miami
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I don't get why some people are trying to call me names and go personal. Please don't, I couldn't care less of what you think about who I am, trust me. Let's not fight here. You want to know abt education? I did not finish my university and moved to usa, here I am, making good money, learned english pretty good and probably make more $$$ per hour than majority of users over here. Working 1-2 hours per day, running two businesses, in my second language. Educated enough to do that I guess. So, why claim ridiculous things trying to fight? I won't reply anymore, don't call me names, totally unnecessary. Let's not fight please.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 08:18 AM   #33
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
I don't get why some people are trying to call me names and go personal. Please don't, I couldn't care less of what you think about who I am, trust me. Let's not fight here. You want to know abt education? I did not finish my university and moved to usa, here I am, making good money, learned english pretty good and probably make more $$$ per hour than majority of users over here. Working 1-2 hours per day, running two businesses, in my second language. Educated enough to do that I guess. So, why claim ridiculous things trying to fight? I won't reply anymore, don't call me names, totally unnecessary. Let's not fight please.
I agree. No reason to attack him.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 08:28 AM   #34
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Popcorns
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 08:55 AM   #35
joaopml
Enlisted Member
Panama
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30 2012 - Base Line

Quote:
Dude, it is indeed no big deal. I started a thread for this, ok. Another person starts a thread to post some pics, same thing. Why not laugh at him and tell him pics are no big deal. I didn' bitch at anything, i only eas curious if there was an option and asked about the color that comes with it, since i simply didn't know. Was not looking for smart @ss ironic comments. Shame on people who does that, that's it. I meet such people in real life and can say for sure, that they are acting like smartasses just because of their own insecurity related to them being dumb in life. Smart self sufficient person never acts like that, a bunch of kids do.
guys... guys... calm down… just relax... you both are making a big deal of something so silly... don´t be the type of person that if was in front of each other would already be fighting just because someone asked if it is possible to have different color keys fob.. common... just relax... we are all enthusiastic here... there is no need to start arguing over this.. go get some beers and be happy..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 09:00 AM   #36
Vlad-Miami
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not attacking you, you came in with a nonsense thread so ppl will joke around and give nonsense comments

Maybe ppl started attacking you after you generalized americans????
The guy, who believes his revealation about his small d1ck made sense, tells me my topic is nonsense? Funny.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 09:01 AM   #37
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Wellll this got out of hand pretty quick
      06-26-2014, 09:20 AM   #38
mankid247
Wingman
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
Quote:
The guy, who believes his revealation about his small d1ck made sense, tells me my topic is nonsense? Funny.
The best thing to do is just don't reply to all the comments, not worth it.
2009 E60 M5 // 2004 E46 M3
2019 G05 X5 50i // 2017 Alpina B6 Gran Coupe
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 09:21 AM   #39
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

To bring this back to the original question, I was told new keys can be ordered at $450 per or thereabouts. Anyone know if they come from Germany coded or they do it at dealer? Assuming they do at dealer couldn't you order any current key you want? I personally wouldn't order one just for color BUT if I lose one and need to replace I would pick a different color.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 09:24 AM   #40
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-Miami
Quote:
Not attacking you, you came in with a nonsense thread so ppl will joke around and give nonsense comments

Maybe ppl started attacking you after you generalized americans????
Popcorns
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 09:41 AM   #41
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Totally agree on this. 100%.

On a side note, Miami does not end in South Beach. Nobody lives in South beach. If you lived here for long, you should know that. Sobe is strictly touristic and I won't even mention that area speaking about the city.

Another reason why my car was purchased with a cold weather package.
Pretty much anything south of 21st street on the east side of the causeway is south beach. And I'm pretty sure the people living in the portofino towers or any of the other high rises, along with all of the waiters paying $1000 a month for the crappiest studio apartment ever would disagree that no one lives in south beach.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 10:31 AM   #42
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Vlad....sorry this got out of hand. Your original question may have been a valid one...the reason for asking it ,just seems so inconsequential to most American born citizens. Still, that is not a good reason to gang up on you and call you names. You do understand why many would think the color of the key fob and whether it matches your car trim is not important don't you? The key fob is in your pocket. It is not hanging from the steering column to clash with the interior trim. Regardless of what you spend on a car...there is only so much you can expect from a manufacturer. Having the option to chose your color of key fob would be asking a bit much...even for a $50,000 car. Most people buy BMWs because of how they drive anyway. There are plenty of prettier cars out there for the same or less money.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 11:16 AM   #43
Glassjaw047
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i Estoril Blue II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska///235i View Post
Popcorns
You mind sharing? I got an extra drink I can give you
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4XE Summit Reserve (Current)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 11:21 AM   #44
bimmerbuff
Slightly Less Obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: Between BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
To bring this back to the original question, I was told new keys can be ordered at $450 per or thereabouts. Anyone know if they come from Germany coded or they do it at dealer? Assuming they do at dealer couldn't you order any current key you want? I personally wouldn't order one just for color BUT if I lose one and need to replace I would pick a different color.
I believe the dealers code replacement keys.

BMW is now coloring the keys to match the trim level of the car (I believe it's black for Base, silver for Luxury, beige for Modern, red for Sport, blue for M-Sport). I'm not sure why they started doing this, but it only started recently (with the F30 I believe). Some of the new cars (new X5 and i8 come to mind) have a totally different key design. Not sure if those come in trim level colors.

Custom colored keys aren't so far-fetched though. Porsche has an option where you can have the keys come in the same color as the car. It's a $365 option on the Cayman.
Appreciate 0