THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery What're y'all driving now waiting for your 2er ?

08-06-2015, 03:34 PM   #45
adema24
Private
Rep
Drives: 228i

2001 Lexus LX 470. Truck is a beast off road even with light duty truck tires (non A/T tires). It amazes me how great it is despite the technology that was developed in the 90s. As smooth and comfortable as it is, I can only go about 2 hours in the seats before my butt is killing me. Also, although it's a big suv, the Japanese didn't really design the driver's seating position with a 6'7" guy in mind..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 08:37 AM   #46
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

This is my payment now and waiting for ship to cross the Atlantic for 228i my other payment for wife

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 06:05 PM   #47
hanzie
Rep
Drives: MR M235i

**First post here
I'm driving a 2011 toyota tundra double cab. Its a boat but comes in handy too often to get rid of it. Will be keeping as a secondary vehicle in addition to my m235i 6spd. Feel very fortunate to have the luxury of owning another vehicle just in case it rains!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 07:49 PM   #48
pchood
NW Burbs Chicago
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Vert

Currently driving a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, I should love the Jeep as it's fast as hell, but just isn't fun to drive a 474HP brick. Plus the last two summers without a convertible seemed to be missing something. So this wait on a M235 Vert is killing me. I did give in and call as the website has never updated and they said its waiting for a boat at the exit port... Figured what is that 4-6 weeks?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 10:59 PM   #49
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

2006 Honda Pilot. I don't particularly like it, but it gets me around town and hauls stuff. I like it less and less everyday though.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 10:23 PM   #50
cjmoy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i 6MT Cabrio

Driving my 2015 MB GLK250, but the M235i is replacing my 2011 335d which I just sold.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 05:34 PM   #51
Wr3ks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 WRX

New user here, been looking into the M235i or possibly wait for the M240i...

Current car: 2013 Subaru WRX limited.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 06:21 PM   #52
HighRevs11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Still driving my 2011 328i xdrive! I love the steering feel in this car - sadly will be posting her up for sale soon - only 30k miles too!
      01-28-2016, 06:44 PM   #53
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wr3ks View Post
New user here, been looking into the M235i or possibly wait for the M240i...

Current car: 2013 Subaru WRX limited.
I thought about waiting too, but decided to order. My advice? Don't wait. The M240i engine will not be as tunable and you'll get the 3 year free maintenance plan instead of the 4 year plan.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 08:18 PM   #54
Wr3ks
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
I thought about waiting too, but decided to order. My advice? Don't wait. The M240i engine will not be as tunable and you'll get the 3 year free maintenance plan instead of the 4 year plan.
Ah true, so thats whats changing for the warranty next year. That makes the decision much easier as this will be a long term ownership 5+ years.

Thinking spec.
Mineral gray
Coral Red interior
6MT
Cold weather pckg
HK
Enhanced phone/USB
CF mirrors
Black kidney grills
Moonroof delete

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 05:43 PM   #55
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ah true, so thats whats changing for the warranty next year. That makes the decision much easier as this will be a long term ownership 5+ years.

Thinking spec.
Mineral gray
Coral Red interior
6MT
Cold weather pckg
HK
Enhanced phone/USB
CF mirrors
Black kidney grills
Moonroof delete

Nice build! I personally would drop the HK. It's not worth the price. Bavsound will be coming out with their stage 1 kit this spring/summer. It'll be a drop in upgrade, so it should be something that you can do pretty easily with a wrench, trim tool and screw driver. If you don't doing those kinds of things it may still be worth looking into paying a shop to get them installed. While you're at it look up the Bimmertech pnp amp and the Bavsound ghost subs. I think those three additions right there (while more costly than the HK option) will be a very nice setup for the car without having to add a bunch of amps and a big sub in the trunk........which I may still go with at some point if I find that I'm not getting enough low end. I listen to a lot of hip hop and dub step (yes, dub step.....feel free to flame lol).

Are you going to get the orbit rims to match the cf mirrors and black kidneys?

Build thread

Last edited by BentZero; 01-29-2016 at 05:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2016, 12:05 PM   #56
Wr3ks
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
Nice build! I personally would drop the HK. It's not worth the price. Bavsound will be coming out with their stage 1 kit this spring/summer. It'll be a drop in upgrade, so it should be something that you can do pretty easily with a wrench, trim tool and screw driver. If you don't doing those kinds of things it may still be worth looking into paying a shop to get them installed. While you're at it look up the Bimmertech pnp amp and the Bavsound ghost subs. I think those three additions right there (while more costly than the HK option) will be a very nice setup for the car without having to add a bunch of amps and a big sub in the trunk........which I may still go with at some point if I find that I'm not getting enough low end. I listen to a lot of hip hop and dub step (yes, dub step.....feel free to flame lol).

Are you going to get the orbit rims to match the cf mirrors and black kidneys?
I haven't dabbled in the audio department since my 2001 Acura integra some odd 13 years ago.

The wife would prefer my modding itch to stay away for this vehicle...

I haven't decided on the oem wheel color, they'll end up being snow season wheels.

Modifications in mind, I think I'm liking the autoplus rear diffuser I've been seeing around that cleans up the rear end a little more. Also quite possibly updgrade to 19"s I like VMRs offerings specifically the V803s in a darker gunmetal wrapped in PSSs with the M performance brakes in orange.

Starting to car shop soon!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 09:29 AM   #57
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:

Thinking spec.
Mineral gray
Coral Red interior
6MT
Cold weather pckg
HK
Enhanced phone/USB
CF mirrors
Black kidney grills
Moonroof delete

The new warranty also does not include brakes, which can be an expensive job. If you are planning to keep the car 5+ years I would highly suggest getting a 2016 and then just before your warranty is up call around and negotiate the best deal you can on the extended maintenance / warranty plan. You can get 6 years of no worry, everything included driving that way. Don't buy up front, no reason to. If you hate the car, total it, whatever you'd just be throwing the money away.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 12:32 PM   #58
Wr3ks
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
The new warranty also does not include brakes, which can be an expensive job. If you are planning to keep the car 5+ years I would highly suggest getting a 2016 and then just before your warranty is up call around and negotiate the best deal you can on the extended maintenance / warranty plan. You can get 6 years of no worry, everything included driving that way. Don't buy up front, no reason to. If you hate the car, total it, whatever you'd just be throwing the money away.
I definitely don't buy extended warranties until I know if I'm going to keep the car. For example my WRX the factory warranty is up end of next month. Obviously I won't be extending it as I'm in the market for something else.

I'll be inquiring within a month for either an M235i spec'd like before or an M2.

I would have loved an M3 the extra $18-20k is a hard pill to swallow and IDK if I can get one for invoice within relatively close proximity.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #59
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wr3ks
Quote:
I definitely don't buy extended warranties until I know if I'm going to keep the car. For example my WRX the factory warranty is up end of next month. Obviously I won't be extending it as I'm in the market for something else.

I'll be inquiring within a month for either an M235i spec'd like before or an M2.

I would have loved an M3 the extra $18-20k is a hard pill to swallow and IDK if I can get one for invoice within relatively close proximity.
Smart man. If you go the 2016 route and can't get an M2 I'm sure you'll be happy with the 235. It's a great car. Honestly I think the delta 235 to M2 will be much narrower than 3 to M3 jump. Truth be told for a fair number of owners the 235 could be a better / more enjoyable street car than the M2 depending on driving style and road conditions around you.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 01:56 PM   #60
Wr3ks
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Smart man. If you go the 2016 route and can't get an M2 I'm sure you'll be happy with the 235. It's a great car. Honestly I think the delta 235 to M2 will be much narrower than 3 to M3 jump. Truth be told for a fair number of owners the 235 could be a better / more enjoyable street car than the M2 depending on driving style and road conditions around you.
Trying to semi stay on topic.

I've read then watched several car reviews of the M235i. With the whole it's not an "M" car. Which honestly isn't a big deal to me. If the car drives great its comfortable on long trips and still gets up and goes quickly that's enough for me. Plus it's still attractive to look at! Now the M2 is supposed to be the 235i on crack so I've read.

I'll be coming from a noisy, plastic creek sounding, wind tunnel of an interior vehicle, that has no luxury apart from a navi unit "lol" and heated seats.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 03:29 PM   #61
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Trying to semi stay on topic.

I've read then watched several car reviews of the M235i. With the whole it's not an "M" car. Which honestly isn't a big deal to me. If the car drives great its comfortable on long trips and still gets up and goes quickly that's enough for me. Plus it's still attractive to look at! Now the M2 is supposed to be the 235i on crack so I've read.

I'll be coming from a noisy, plastic creek sounding, wind tunnel of an interior vehicle, that has no luxury apart from a navi unit "lol" and heated seats.
Ha, well said. Still trying to decide myself whether I'd be happiest with a crack head (M2) something more grown up with a bit of a white powder problem (C43 AMG) or a base head junkie (RS3)
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 06:55 AM   #62
Wr3ks
Enlisted Member
Rep

Out of the 3? I'd take an M2, apart from the fangs (you love them or hate them) I like the lines of the car. The quad tip exhaust cleans up the rear of the car plus the flared arches are a +. I'm not a huge fan of Mercedes styling for some reason. The large air dam front end and swooping pointed rear... and the RS3 won't be coming state side for atleast another year or two (possibly in the next model refresh).
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 07:20 AM   #63
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Out of the 3? I'd take an M2, apart from the fangs (you love them or hate them) I like the lines of the car. The quad tip exhaust cleans up the rear of the car plus the flared arches are a +. I'm not a huge fan of Mercedes styling for some reason. The large air dam front end and swooping pointed rear... and the RS3 won't be coming state side for atleast another year or two (possibly in the next model refresh).
Unfortunately I may need something AWD if I don't buy dad the new 2017 Allroad and keep his 2015. Couldn't go anywhere in the 235 last week live up a big hill and the city doesn't plow my street. GF's xDrive 3 was fine though.

Not in a huge rush still got some time on my 235 lease. If RS3 hits dealers this time next year that would be perfect, already have a deposit down and #1 in line. C43 would be a compromise in that it's AWD 4 doors a bit more versatile but still has some balls and is properly quick. In terms of pure drivers car though M2 hands down, but if it's stuck at the bottom of my hill it could handle like a GT4 and it's not doing me any good.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 12:09 AM   #64
csg
always learning
Rep
Drives: fast, takes chances

Well, I'm not driving per se. Living the life of luxury, I have a driver, a gunner and a dismounted security detail when I go places by wheeled vehicle.

Waiting to load up by Colby Gregory, on Flickr

Or... if I'm flying..
blackhawk inbound by Colby Gregory, on Flickr
1997 Land Rover Defender 300TDi (ours)
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 10:06 AM   #65
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Show off

That's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csg View Post
Well, I'm not driving per se. Living the life of luxury, I have a driver, a gunner and a dismounted security detail when I go places by wheeled vehicle.

Waiting to load up by Colby Gregory, on Flickr

Or... if I'm flying..
blackhawk inbound by Colby Gregory, on Flickr

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 08:23 AM   #66
Hemisedan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Coming in March: 2016 BMW M235

Quote:

Thinking spec.
Mineral gray
Coral Red interior
6MT
Cold weather pckg
HK
Enhanced phone/USB
CF mirrors
Black kidney grills
Moonroof delete

Petty darn close to my order except I went congenital black interior. Moonroof delete snd manual. I port installed the LSD and M Performance exhaust and Alcantara interior. Also in Mineral Gray. 7 more days and Bentzero and I meet in Greenville to do the PCD delivery. Boy this seems like it's been forever,

I'm driving a MINI Roadster on lease now. This'll be my first BMW.

Last edited by Hemisedan; 03-02-2016 at 07:06 PM..
Appreciate 0