THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Production Time

08-19-2015, 11:09 AM   #1
an4691
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C in HS

Production Time

I placed an order last week for a 2016 M235i. This morning the dealer confirmed the order is accepted and that production is expected for mid October. I'm wondering why it's set for so much later.

I read the order tracking post and asked him for the VIN#(the order tracking post mentions that a VIN is generated as soon as the order enters the system) to which i got the reply:

"Once the vehicle starts production the vehicle will generate a Vin#."

Is this correct ?

Thanks!

an
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 11:33 AM   #2
kimnle
Rep
Drives: Waiting for my delivery!

I had a similar situation...

I ordered my car in June, but they were not able to get it into a July production, instead it was scheduled for an August production.

They explained that they did not have anymore allocation at that time, hence it had to be queued up the following month. I didn't mind the wait due to some personal circumstances..

And yes - the VIN number will come later. The only thing that you will get a the beginning is an order number.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 11:33 AM   #3
adema24
Private
Rep
Drives: 228i

I placed my order back in July and my dealer said that production won't be complete until the end of September. So yeah, your production time sounds about right.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 11:48 AM   #4
an4691
Private
Rep

That explains it. Thanks a lot!

This just crossed my mind, in the case that lease residuals go back up again at the time of delivery, will I be able to renegotiate to use the new numbers ?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 11:54 AM   #5
CalRick
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M235 & '95 M3 tracktoy ;

Garage List
2016 X3 Xdrive28d  [0.00]
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
It's a matter of what production slots, or allocations, your dealer has available. I ordered mine near the end of May without any particular rush but the dealer had a June production slot that he could fit it into so it started production at the end of the second week of June, was loaded onto the boat two weeks later, four weeks to Port Hueneme (quicker transit if it's going to an East Coast port,) and I picked it up from the dealer a week later, end of July.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 05:40 PM   #6
merlin3008
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Similar. I ordered a car in the beginning of August and secured an allocation the dealer had for week 39 production (9/20-9/26). When we entered the details of the car into to system and entered it as sold, the system moved the car from Priority Stock to Priority Sold. That moved it from week 39 to week 36. So fingers crossed, my 235 should be built during the week of 8/30. So as it sits now, I'm scheduled for a 10/29 PCD.

Also, since I haven't signed a lease contract yet, BMW allows the rates to adjust for 60 days. So since I'm taking delivery in October, I effectively get the best of the rates from August, September, or October. Let's hope those residuals adjust a bit.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 06:19 PM   #7
Redbeemer
Ne Plus Ultra
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portimao Blue 2022 M240iXdrive

Order Production Date

One thing about these posts is a bit confusing to me. I ordered my 2016 m235 today. I was asked to pick three dates for delivery. I told him I wanted delivery as soon as possible, so we picked three dates exactly one month plus a day or two from today. The dates exactly one month from today fall on a weekend and they don't do ED on Sat. or Sunday, so we picked the following Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. So I am not sure why you guys had to wait that long, unless you needed/wanted to do so for personal reasons. I was told that probably this coming Monday or Tuesday, we should hear from BMW to confirm the delivery date at the Welt. I actually wanted delivery a bit earlier in the Fall, but had to wait longer than I wanted for my passport. Looking forward to the Welt, but just hope the weather is decent.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 11:37 PM   #8
an4691
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeemer View Post
One thing about these posts is a bit confusing to me. I ordered my 2016 m235 today. I was asked to pick three dates for delivery. I told him I wanted delivery as soon as possible, so we picked three dates exactly one month plus a day or two from today. The dates exactly one month from today fall on a weekend and they don't do ED on Sat. or Sunday, so we picked the following Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. So I am not sure why you guys had to wait that long, unless you needed/wanted to do so for personal reasons. I was told that probably this coming Monday or Tuesday, we should hear from BMW to confirm the delivery date at the Welt. I actually wanted delivery a bit earlier in the Fall, but had to wait longer than I wanted for my passport. Looking forward to the Welt, but just hope the weather is decent.
I believe its because ED doesn't use a dealer's allocations. We were talking about US delivery in this post so it depends on when the dealer's next allocation is scheduled.
Appreciate 0