THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Remap booked...

12-22-2014, 06:13 PM   #23
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i

Yeah agree 100% !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qballis View Post
This whole thread is a waste if there is no before dyno. Period.

I learned that when I got dyno'd on a Mustang Dyno, only after the mods, no stock.

I could run around all day saying the JB4, and downpipe got me to 470hp!!!! OMG!?

See thread:
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1053347
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 02:21 AM   #24
worktolivelife
Private
Rep
Drives: Mine

Could those much more knowledgeable than myself with regards remaps, and I would too take the company on face value, are we saying it's possible the OP is not getting the company claims and comparing to BMW specs is irrelevant.
I,m considering the Ac Schnitner upgrade which is apparently hardware based, so changing the ECU as opposed to just software changes? Is a better although more expensive route.
http://shop.ac-schnitzer.co.uk/perfo...rom-4697-p.asp

Cheers

Last edited by worktolivelife; 12-23-2014 at 02:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 04:21 AM   #25
wookietaff
Rep
Drives: M235I

That's a significant uplift!

Guessing your warranty goes out the window on the back of this though?

Last edited by wookietaff; 12-23-2014 at 04:23 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2014, 03:46 PM   #26
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
DMS advised the before dyno would take at least 4 hours

Despite their reputation for good tuning, DMS don't do themselves any favours with stupid comments like this.

4 hrs for a before dyno run is pure bollocks, you could dyno run a dozen cars in 4 hrs let alone one.
      12-28-2014, 01:17 PM   #27
deanyoungson
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to everybody.

Yes I agree DMS have not done themselves any favours by skipping the initial pre dyno test.

However, I can definitely say that after having performed a 500 mile trip yesterday/today that the car is definitely a lot faster across the whole rev range from 1200 upwards. As soon as you plant your foot the car just takes off no matter what speed you are doing... Additionally it feels a lot smoother in the process also.

After chasing DMS since the remap for a final post dyno sheet I receive it this morning with a copy of my receipt, attached for reference. Yes it might be pointless without a before sheet, but we can all see what the car is running at now and I think we are all aware that it probably wasn't anywhere near this before!

Additionally (and I know DMS might not mean much to the US folks) lets remember who DMS are - I doubt they have managed to build and sustain their rep. by lying about their remaps...

Cheers.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 01:24 PM   #28
Delnari
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MG F22 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanyoungson View Post
Hi all,

Just to keep you all updated...

DMS collected my car yesterday and will be returning it Monday (if all goes to plan!). They have advised that in order to speed things up and ensure I get the car back for Monday that they will provide me with a dyno graph after the map instead of before and after - which I am okay with.

Again they claimed the above numbers, however did advise they are achieving slightly less BHP with the sports auto box, torque numbers are quoted above are more than the stock torque numbers of the M4.

Most importantly they have advised that it should feel and in fact be faster off the mark than my previous C63 coupe!

Will update you all Monday/Tuesday!

PS - price was £1500 inc. VAT
Sorry Mate, without a dyno prior any numbers afterwards are worthless. You will never know how much power the change makes.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 02:17 PM   #29
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Peak power at 6400 rpm with such high numbers are dubious. It would be more credible if you could do a 100-200 kph pull or something like that.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 02:17 PM   #30
qballis
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delnari
Quote:
Hi all,

Just to keep you all updated...

DMS collected my car yesterday and will be returning it Monday (if all goes to plan!). They have advised that in order to speed things up and ensure I get the car back for Monday that they will provide me with a dyno graph after the map instead of before and after - which I am okay with.

Again they claimed the above numbers, however did advise they are achieving slightly less BHP with the sports auto box, torque numbers are quoted above are more than the stock torque numbers of the M4.

Most importantly they have advised that it should feel and in fact be faster off the mark than my previous C63 coupe!

Will update you all Monday/Tuesday!

PS - price was 1500 inc. VAT
Sorry Mate, without a dyno prior any numbers afterwards are worthless. You will never know how much power the change makes.
^ This exactly. For the nth time. Worthless data.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 04:24 AM   #31
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Hi all,

Yes I agree DMS have not done themselves any favours by skipping the initial pre dyno test.

However, I can definitely say that after having performed a 500 mile trip yesterday/today that the car is definitely a lot faster across the whole rev range from 1200 upwards. As soon as you plant your foot the car just takes off no matter what speed you are doing... Additionally it feels a lot smoother in the process also.

After chasing DMS since the remap for a final post dyno sheet I receive it this morning with a copy of my receipt, attached for reference. Yes it might be pointless without a before sheet, but we can all see what the car is running at now and I think we are all aware that it probably wasn't anywhere near this before!

Additionally (and I know DMS might not mean much to the US folks) lets remember who DMS are - I doubt they have managed to build and sustain their rep. by lying about their remaps...

Cheers.
Dean,

Good to read that your DMS mapped m235i is ticking more boxes for you.

Dyno shows some great gains. What other mods do you have to achieve the 420+ peak power ?

BP
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 10:39 PM   #32
philisme
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Coupe + M2 + 330e

Garage List
2016 BMW 330e  [0.00]
2012 BMW 1M coupe  [10.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
As a (Luxembourg based) tuner I agree .
You NEED a dyno test before and after tuning.

A dyno never says the truth (even ours). If you want to have the real power, you need an engine dyno.

But our dyno is useful to have power and torque gains or to log data.

Obtaining more than 400bhp on this engine (stock) is a bit optimistic. You'll need a sport cat and a bigger intercooler to achieve that.
And with the 8 speed auto, I'll not go further than 540 Nm.

My M245i had 330 PS and 460Nm stock.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 11:50 PM   #33
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by philisme
As a (Luxembourg based) tuner I agree .
You NEED a dyno test before and after tuning.

A dyno never says the truth (even ours). If you want to have the real power, you need an engine dyno.

But our dyno is useful to have power and torque gains or to log data.

Obtaining more than 400bhp on this engine (stock) is a bit optimistic. You'll need a sport cat and a bigger intercooler to achieve that.
And with the 8 speed auto, I'll not go further than 540 Nm.

My M245i had 330 PS and 460Nm stock.
I have been running over 600nm for over 20k km on my car. The zf has no issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 05:02 PM   #34
allthatisntnow
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C, 991 C2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhold View Post
I have been running over 600nm for over 20k km on my car. The zf has no issue.
Thats good to hear. Transmission looks to be the best candidate for the weakest point in the chain. Would be interesting to see how the internals differ between ZFs different variants of the 8 speed. Id doubt (hope they won't at least) they'd vary wildly.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 06:13 PM   #35
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Dean,

Good to read that your DMS mapped m235i is ticking more boxes for you.

Dyno shows some great gains. What other mods do you have to achieve the 420+ peak power ?

BP
where do you see gains with nothing to compare it too?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 01:55 AM   #36
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

Quote:
Hi all,

Cheers.
I find that sharp bend in the hp curve a bit strange. I would expect it to fall off as the torque continues to dive, but not like that. From this graph I would want to rev the engine to 7000 even less than the standard. But all that counts is the experience of that car - happy you like it
      01-05-2015, 02:34 AM   #37
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerm1t View Post
where do you see gains with nothing to compare it too?
In the absence of any baseline numbers, my comment relates to delta between dyno'd and the stock numbers quoted by BMW of course !

Anyhow, curves on a dyno plot are secondary, its how the car feels/gets down the road that counts.......if OP is happy with his £1,500 investment then so be it.

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 07:20 AM   #38
mvallido
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: M235i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
In the absence of any baseline numbers, my comment relates to delta between dyno'd and the stock numbers quoted by BMW of course !

Anyhow, curves on a dyno plot are secondary, its how the car feels/gets down the road that counts.......if OP is happy with his £1,500 investment then so be it.
Agreed. Otherwise he will be fooling nobody but himself.
2004 C240
97 E39 VF5 Supercharged
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 03:33 PM   #39
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i

I had my car booked in for the remap with DMS but without concrete evidence I of before and after gains I will not be sending my ECU 3/4 away around the world >.

So i sent Tony another email .... requesting a proper before and after dyno graph !! And guess what I got ???? Pictures tell a thousand words !!

The attached graph looks more realistic to what I would expect in respect to power curve but no before graph and or critical atmospheric data or ramp rates or inlet temps at the bottom of the plot.

As much as I want to pull the trigger on this ...Sorry folks I will stick to my piggy back for now .
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 03:20 AM   #40
mvallido
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: M235i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddy74 View Post
I had my car booked in for the remap with DMS but without concrete evidence I of before and after gains I will not be sending my ECU 3/4 away around the world >.

So i sent Tony another email .... requesting a proper before and after dyno graph !! And guess what I got ???? Pictures tell a thousand words !!

The attached graph looks more realistic to what I would expect in respect to power curve but no before graph and or critical atmospheric data or ramp rates or inlet temps at the bottom of the plot.

As much as I want to pull the trigger on this ...Sorry folks I will stick to my piggy back for now .
I would wait for actual testimony of a few who had the courage to do it.
2004 C240
97 E39 VF5 Supercharged
Appreciate 0