THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Which Stage 1 to get for my 16 M235i xDrive CV

Closed Thread

08-30-2016, 06:29 PM   #67
M235iguy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Considering it's just an empty metal pipe, pls educate me on the differences between a cheap and expensive downpipe? Again you sound like someone who is clueless regarding car mods and clearly has more money than common sense.
Considering we have people on here stating Dinan is declining warranty because some idiot like many on here are trying to ball on a budget with every cheap piece of crap mod available that mike and others sell on here trying to make a quick buck, You tell me, smart guy. You sound like some cheap clown trying to get by with mods at the dollar store.
      08-30-2016, 06:32 PM   #68
M235iguy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Dinanite troll man...it's prob Dinan engineering other profile defending and Dinan talk it to top of the page to death for exposure . But we're all jb4 fan boys tho with our own n54tech support site...
Says the jb4 troll, angry that that someone mentioned that Dinan offers a unmatched warranty. enjoy your wired junk and future car issues
      08-30-2016, 06:54 PM   #69
theEZV
Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: F30 335i; Looking for F80

Do you actually have any first hand experience with either the Dinan Stage 1 (and Dinan's warranty), or any of the BMS products? Why are you insulting people and badmouthing a product you never used, and know absolutely nothing about?

You have stated your belief in using a product from a known manufacturer that offers an excellent support program -"you get what you pay for". Duly noted, and I'm sure appreciated by the OP. It's a sentiment shared by many, myself included.

Yet you decided not to extend the same courtesy to yourself and your car? You had a proven product available to you with an unmatched warranty, yet you decided on a $300 glorified boost controller? That performs the exact same function, in the exact same way that the BMS products do. What gives? Come on man. Don't be that guy.

On a related note, this thread has made me nostalgic for the golden era of car forum e-hate from a decade ago. So thanks for that. I miss the times people would absolutely rip each other to shreds on Honda Tech and NASIOC. Good times.
Appreciate 3
Jadar1752.50
crbalch472.50
      08-30-2016, 07:05 PM   #70
M235iguy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEZV View Post
Do you actually have any first hand experience with either the Dinan Stage 1 (and Dinan's warranty), or any of the BMS products? Why are you insulting people and badmouthing a product you know absolutely nothing about?

You have stated your belief in using a product from a known manufacturer that offers an excellent support program -"you get what you pay for". Duly noted, and I'm sure appreciated by the OP. It's a sentiment shared by many, myself included.

Yet you decided not to extend the same courtesy to yourself and your car? You had a proven product available to you with an unmatched warranty, yet you decided on a $300 glorified boost controller? That performs the exact same function, in the exact same way that the BMS products do. What gives? Come on man.

On a related note, this thread has made me nostalgic for the golden era of car forum e-hate from a decade ago. So thanks for that. I miss the times people would absolutely rip each other to shreds on Honda Tech and NASIOC. Good times.
My original post was to inform of the unmatched warranty that Dinan offers and that I would never put jb4 on my car. The jb4 fan boys decided to get mouthy, I did the same. I will continue to do so with each traded insult that goes on here. I'm not trying to impress anyone here. I don't walk away from internet wanna be tough guys who think they can punk people into joining the jb4 gang lol

I chose the Dinan sport because of the reputation of Dinan, the easy and quick install and removal. I'm not tracking my car as of yet and don't need a stage 2 at the moment. I'm also on a lease and not sure that I will keep the car. I may go to a M2. We'll see! I made my decision based on my needs. I was simply informing the OP that Dinan offers an unmatched warranty. Its unfortunate that so many jb4 fan boys are so insecure and immature that they start trading insults of what I can and cannot afford and how much smarter they think they are.
      08-30-2016, 07:07 PM   #71
kdog26372
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi BSM

Not sure what this Dinan dude is all defensive about? Dinan used to flash tune cars and said piggybacks were garbage, had videos on Steve Dinan bashing the piggybacks. Now when they can't crack the ECU and BMW won't give them that access, they suddenly think piggybacks are the way to go? Seems a little hypocritical.

If we are talking about their sport tune, which is what this guy has on his car, this carries zero warranty regarding issues with the car and won't be covered by BMW and to suggest otherwise is just naive and potentially horrible advice to the original poster. Meanwhile anyone that doesn't support your view needs reading comprehension 101 training. Then going on about as long as you're happy with your cheap POS tune that's all that matters. Yep, that'll defuse the debate and get this thread back on topic. The Dinan's 1 plug solution is the most basic of all tune types dating back nearly a decade for turbo BMW's.

There is nothing magic or better about the Dinan sport tune. It's perfectly fine and I won't bash it, sounds like a nice bluetooth interface to change boost a bit which is maybe worth $100 premium vs. opening a box and turning a dial like the JB quick install. Other than that, they are plastic boxes, plugging into the same 1 sensor and telling the ECU the same information to trick extra boost. If one changes boost 3 psi and the other does the same, they will produce the same power and power delivery as the ECU will react the same to what the box is saying, simple stuff.

I do not run a JB, so I'm not a fanboy. I've tried several tunes on various BMW's and by far the Cobb flash tune on my old 135i was the best I've used, as would be a proper flash tune for the M235i.

I believe user: Luminous has a pure stage 2 turbo, enzo flash along with JB4 for boost control and is running low 11's and over 500 WHP and holds the M235i world record in the quarter mile; picked an argument with the right guy there as he surely knows nothing about our cars or how they react to aftermarket parts/tunes. Help me understand how he likes cheap crap for his car as the list of products in his signature looks top notch and far from a cheap mod solution. Talk about reading comprehension 101, all you had to do is read his signature? You have a $300 1 plug tune that gives you 30 hp at the crank and you're acting like a know it all to people with far more knowledge, experience and much faster cars.

However, back on the original topic, the JB4 is best suited for aftermarket parts otherwise you won't get any more power than the simple 2 plug tunes out there. If you are ok with a bit less HP and even easier install the JB quick install and Dinan sport are BOTH good choices, neither of which will cover you for warranty issues.

I'm guessing at this point the original poster is like, what a bunch of a-holes. Welcome to the community and remember any forum topic with Dinan in it will result in exactly what happened here.
crbalch472.50
N55guy214.00
      08-30-2016, 07:14 PM   #72
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M235iguy View Post
My original post was to inform of the unmatched warranty that Dinan offers and that I would never put jb4 on my car. The jb4 fan boys decided to get mouthy, I did the same. I will continue to do so with each traded insult that goes on here. I'm not trying to impress anyone here. I don't walk away from internet wanna be tough guys who think they can punk people into joining the jb4 gang lol

I chose the Dinan sport because of the reputation of Dinan, the easy and quick install and removal. I'm not tracking my car as of yet and don't need a stage 2 at the moment. I'm also on a lease and not sure that I will keep the car. I may go to a M2. We'll see! I made my decision based on my needs. I was simply informing the OP that Dinan offers an unmatched warranty. Its unfortunate that so many jb4 fan boys are so insecure and immature that they start trading insults of what I can and cannot afford and how much smarter they think they are.
Don't worry you will absolutely not impress anyone here with your words or choices.

Im ACF tuned not jb4 if you can read but you keep bringing up literacy 101 perhaps take a sip of your own hypocritical kool aid TROLL.
      08-30-2016, 07:15 PM   #73
M235iguy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog26372 View Post
Not sure what this Dinan dude is all defensive about? Dinan used to flash tune cars and said piggybacks were garbage, had videos on Steve Dinan bashing the piggybacks. Now when they can't crack the ECU and BMW won't give them that access, they suddenly think piggybacks are the way to go? Seems a little hypocritical.

If we are talking about their sport tune, which is what this guy has on his car, this carries zero warranty regarding issues with the car and won't be covered by BMW and to suggest otherwise is just naive and potentially horrible advice to the original poster. Meanwhile anyone that doesn't support your view needs reading comprehension 101 training. Then going on about as long as you're happy with your cheap POS tune that's all that matters. Yep, that'll defuse the debate and get this thread back on topic. The Dinan's 1 plug solution is the most basic of all tune types dating back nearly a decade for turbo BMW's.

There is nothing magic or better about the Dinan sport tune. It's perfectly fine and I won't bash it, sounds like a nice bluetooth interface to change boost a bit which is maybe worth $100 premium vs. opening a box and turning a dial like the JB quick install. Other than that, they are plastic boxes, plugging into the same 1 sensor and telling the ECU the same information to trick extra boost. If one changes boost 3 psi and the other does the same, they will produce the same power and power delivery as the ECU will react the same to what the box is saying, simple stuff.

I do not run a JB, so I'm not a fanboy. I've tried several tunes on various BMW's and by far the Cobb flash tune on my old 135i was the best I've used, as would be a proper flash tune for the M235i.

I believe user: Luminous has a pure stage 2 turbo, enzo flash along with JB4 for boost control and is running low 11's and over 500 WHP and holds the M235i world record in the quarter mile; picked an argument with the right guy there as he surely knows nothing about our cars or how they react to aftermarket parts/tunes. Help me understand how he likes cheap crap for his car as the list of products in his signature looks top notch and far from a cheap mod solution. Talk about reading comprehension 101, all you had to do is read his signature? You have a $300 1 plug tune that gives you 30 hp at the crank and you're acting like a know it all to people with far more knowledge, experience and much faster cars.

However, back on the original topic, the JB4 is best suited for aftermarket parts otherwise you won't get any more power than the simple 2 plug tunes out there. If you are ok with a bit less HP and even easier install the JB quick install and Dinan sport are BOTH good choices, neither of which will cover you for warranty issues.

I'm guessing at this point the original poster is like, what a bunch of a-holes. Welcome to the community and remember any forum topic with Dinan in it will result in exactly what happened here.
hilarious! great pick and choose on what you want to read. As I have stated many times, My input was to let the OP know that Dinan offers an unmatched warranty. Then some jb4 troll brought up my sport tune, which has nothing to do with a recommendation on what the OP was asking. Then time and time again jb4 trolls brought up warranty doesn't matter and all sorts of crying and then started insulting me with I have no money ( which makes no sense considering Im supporting a product that's a rip off ) and other insults...I traded back. the end
      08-30-2016, 07:16 PM   #74
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by theEZV View Post
Do you actually have any first hand experience with either the Dinan Stage 1 (and Dinan's warranty), or any of the BMS products? Why are you insulting people and badmouthing a product you never used, and know absolutely nothing about?

Yet you decided not to extend the same courtesy to yourself and your car? You had a proven product available to you with an unmatched warranty, yet you decided on a $300 glorified boost controller? That performs the exact same function, in the exact same way that the BMS products do. What gives? Come on man. Don't be that guy.

Very very well put sir
      08-30-2016, 07:17 PM   #75
M235iguy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Don't worry you will absolutely not impress anyone here with your words or choices.

Im ACF tuned not jb4 if you can read but you keep bringing up literacy 101 perhaps take a sip of your own hypocritical kool aid TROLL.
Good point, If I cared enough about you I would have looked at your past posts and your sig, but I don't. Sorry
      08-30-2016, 07:20 PM   #76
kdog26372
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
hilarious! great pick and choose on what you want to read. As I have stated many times, My input was to let the OP know that Dinan offers an unmatched warranty. Then some jb4 troll brought up my sport tune, which has nothing to do with a recommendation on what the OP was asking. Then time and time again jb4 trolls brought up warranty doesn't matter and all sorts of crying and then started insulting me with I have no money ( which makes no sense considering Im supporting a product that's a rip off ) and other insults...I traded back. the end
You're welcome.
      08-30-2016, 07:20 PM   #77
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I like how I thought you the word TROLL today now every other word in your paragraph is troll...troll...troll
      08-30-2016, 07:22 PM   #78
M235iguy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I like how I thought you the word TROLL today now every other word in your paragraph is troll...troll...troll
taught is the word you're looking for here, troll
      08-30-2016, 07:23 PM   #79
M235iguy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're welcome.
      08-30-2016, 07:23 PM   #80
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
By the way use some of that famous literacy 101 stuff there were like 3-4 people talking to you I never Called you poor and I could give a shit if you are garbage off the street. You're now a proven hypocrite as well.
      08-30-2016, 07:24 PM   #81
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
taught is the word you're looking for here, troll
Whatev phone autocorrect thanks for the free lesson. You saved my life from the spelling gods.
      08-30-2016, 07:26 PM   #82
Luminous
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

2015 SO M3 6MT

2015 BSM M235xi
Appreciate 1
Jadar1752.50
      08-30-2016, 07:27 PM   #83
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Clown show I grabbed front row. This guy has an issue with anyone that comes into this post.
      08-30-2016, 07:30 PM   #84
kdog26372
Lieutenant
Rep

Here's a thought, why don't we start a thread called Dinan Sucks or Dinan's the best, you decide, then move this thread to there and it can go on indefinitely. I find this banter pretty entertaining and oddly drawn to it even though I don't have a Dinan or JB.
      08-30-2016, 07:30 PM   #85
M235iguy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Clown show I grabbed front row. This guy has an issue with anyone that comes into this post.
lol, I think you have an issue with me, I was simply letting the OP know that Dinan is the best solution based on warranty.
      08-30-2016, 07:39 PM   #86
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
lol, I think you have an issue with me, I was simply letting the OP know that Dinan is the best solution based on warranty.
Man I honestly I really don't...I know you don't give a shit and this got way out of hand but if you ever did care to look at my page and the dozens of DIY guides I've put out, doing exhaust changes for people on here so they don't have to pay ridiculous fees, pulling manifolds, dme, for mere lightning Jack and dongle cables as payment because I've been here along time and genuinely care about the cars and folks on here. I told you I'm not a jerk.

I know you could care less and that's fine we traded blows whatever man you have what you have I respect your choice and it's not my business you spend your money how you want as do I, and you will have your opinion as I will have mine.

There are a lot of unbiased facts and threads on here about all products from neutral parities perhaps you will find them or not, no problem. I really don't care or have an ISSIE with a complete stranger man. Peace enjoy your car I even gave you compliments before without sarcasm but you took it as such. M235 = love

I've got nothing else not adding fuel to the fire anymore

Last edited by Jadar; 08-30-2016 at 07:54 PM..
Appreciate 2
M235iguy167.50
Luminous743.00
      08-30-2016, 07:40 PM   #87
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Here's a thought, why don't we start a thread called Dinan Sucks or Dinan's the best, you decide, then move this thread to there and it can go on indefinitely. I find this banter pretty entertaining and oddly drawn to it even though I don't have a Dinan or JB.
Actially I believe they both exist both topics. There's prob a few on all tuners lol
      08-30-2016, 07:56 PM   #88
M235iguy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981
Quote:
Man I honestly I really don't...I know you don't give a shit and this got way out of hand but if you ever did care to look at my page and the dozens of DIY guides I've put out, doing exhaust changes for people on here so they don't have to pay ridiculous fees, pulling manifolds, dme, for mere lightning Jack and dongle cables as payment because I've been here along time and genuinely care about the cars and folks on here. I told you I'm not a jerk.

I know you could care less and that's fine we traded blows whatever man you have what you have I respect your choice and it's not my business you spend your money how you want as do I, and you will have your opinion as I will have mine.

There are a lot of unbiased facts and threads on here about all products from neutral parities perhaps you will find them or not, no problem. I really don't care or have an ISSIE with a complete stranger man. Peace enjoy your car I even gave you components before without sarcasm but you took it as such. M235 = love

I've got nothing else not adding fuel to the fire anymore
Yeah, I got a bit carried away. i'll have to take a look when I have more free time at some of those posts. Sorry that I kept it going. Should have dropped it at the start before it went so many pages. I should have worded my original post better. I have nothing against you or anyone here. Just kinda got caught up in it.
Jadar1752.50
BMWZ41909.50
Closed Thread