THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning TuningWerks "Flash tune" Unlocks hidden potential on the M235i & M135i

11-05-2014, 08:05 PM   #23
Uponone76
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddy74 View Post
Thanks Kermit .. just looking for an ecu flash solution so i can run my bigger turbo and target correct afr mixtures and boost settings on the ewg car
Same here. I'd love to go with an upgraded turbo, I just don't want to rely on a piggy back to tune it. I'd much prefer a custom flash tuned with the car on a dyno to make sure everything is running properly and reliably.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 09:12 AM   #24
Tuningwerk
Rep
Drives: M235i RS

All of you will get a solution in January

Hi there,

good news for all of you need a ECU mapping. We fixed this a discussed for local customes, but in January 2015 CMD will ship a solution so all of your local tuners can remap. This is a extension plug in for the CMD Flashtec system. The fuction is the same way as we do it right now and this guys are selling this software plugin. Pre orders can be placed at their webside since a couple of days for the CMD tuners. I bet that others provide a similar solution very soon too.

A short how to: Remove the ECU, CMD will provide pictures of the main board where your tuner can find the boot and reset pin. They have just to connect them with the CMD station (other will use the same way) to reset the ECU. After that the plugin will read out the password. From here you can read out the ECU like known in the past.

As i have written a couple of weeks before (it was not just a blabla from another German unkown tuner ) other tuning software companys will follow CMD sooner or later. I know that many tuners in the USA working with CMD, so it should not be a problem to find someone close to your place. This is much better than shipping ECU´s around the world!

I hope that i made some of you happy with this short info.

Thanks
Peter
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2014, 05:16 PM   #25
alz0rz
What goes here?
Rep
Drives: 2019 G30 M550i

Garage List
Ahh
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 05:49 PM   #26
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i

Awesome thanks Peter !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuningwerk View Post
Hi there,

good news for all of you need a ECU mapping. We fixed this a discussed for local customes, but in January 2015 CMD will ship a solution so all of your local tuners can remap. This is a extension plug in for the CMD Flashtec system. The fuction is the same way as we do it right now and this guys are selling this software plugin. Pre orders can be placed at their webside since a couple of days for the CMD tuners. I bet that others provide a similar solution very soon too.

A short how to: Remove the ECU, CMD will provide pictures of the main board where your tuner can find the boot and reset pin. They have just to connect them with the CMD station (other will use the same way) to reset the ECU. After that the plugin will read out the password. From here you can read out the ECU like known in the past.

As i have written a couple of weeks before (it was not just a blabla from another German unkown tuner ) other tuning software companys will follow CMD sooner or later. I know that many tuners in the USA working with CMD, so it should not be a problem to find someone close to your place. This is much better than shipping ECU´s around the world!

Thanks
Peter
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 02:00 AM   #27
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Hi there,

Thanks
Peter
My source says this will only be available for diesel engines and petrol engines would not be possible with this solution.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 02:31 AM   #28
Tuningwerk
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhold View Post
My source says this will only be available for diesel engines and petrol engines would not be possible with this solution.
Diesel works since month for many tuners. And some like we and some others was able to rework the Fuel F-Series too. No, CMD gave us a statement via Mail 2 days before. Flashtec is one of the market leader worldwide, so i don´t believe that this guys writing mails with a fake information (or better i hope that this guys don´t do so) . Without such a mail, i would never distribute such a information or i will mark them as a rumor. Also they have done it before with AUDI (mostly the same ECU´s like BMW)
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 02:32 AM   #29
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Diesel works since month for many tuners. And some like we and some others was able to rework the Fuel F-Series too. No, CMD gave us a statement via Mail 2 days before. Flashtec is one of the market leader worldwide, so i don´t believe that this guys writing mails with a fake information (or better i hope that this guys don´t do so) . Without such a mail, i would never distribute such a information or i will mark them as a rumor. Also they have done it before with AUDI (mostly the same ECU´s like BMW)
Well I guess we will see once its available what is possible and what is not. I hope you are right.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #30
Legion5
Major
Rep
Drives: e92

Question: why can't we just have two sets of ECU's? One for day to day usage and a dummy one for service to overwrite on every visit?

Clean cars are happy cars!
CANON PHOTOGRAPHER
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #31
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
Question: why can't we just have two sets of ECU's? One for day to day usage and a dummy one for service to overwrite on every visit?
That's actually a good question!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #32
Tuningwerk
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGT View Post
That's actually a good question!
some are doing this, but there is a problem if the data set from the ECU needs matching release steps from other CU´s....... So, maybe it works, or maybe not.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 08:15 PM   #33
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

I went Back over this thread and Peter from Tuningwerks suggested that a tuning solution would hit the market in the early part of the year !! And he was right !!

OBD Flash now ready at http://flashtec.ch/
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 08:16 PM   #34
qballis
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddy74
I went Back over this thread and Peter from Tuningwerks suggested that a tuning solution would hit the market in the early part of the year !! And he was right !!

OBD Flash now ready at http://flashtec.ch/
What kind of proof is there that this isn't ANOTHER piece of vaporware?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 05:50 PM   #35
ketema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by qballis View Post
There is probably no real proof, but its all about your risk tolerance. Tuningwerk is a real company, you can find their website and peruse it.

http://www.tuningwerk.de/

You can find youtube video of their car, it seems to be pretty bad ass:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear..._date_uploaded

Is all of that enough for me to buy something from them? No. Not me personally, but one can certainly do research.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 07:01 PM   #36
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

More Vaporware http://www.magicmotorsport.com/x-flasher/

Quote:
Originally Posted by qballis View Post
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 01:42 AM   #37
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 3/13

give OBD2 flash tuning portable device already (