THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Are these standard LCI tail lights or black line?

03-31-2024, 05:40 PM   #1
spinblade
Rep
Drives: BMW E46

Are these standard LCI tail lights or black line?

Hi guys. Are these standard LCI tail lights or are they black line? Want to update to LCI tail lights and I like this look. Are these just the standard LCI OEM tail lights?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-01-2024, 11:36 AM   #2
AM20 BMW
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 218i M Sport

Garage List
Probably not the best picture but here’s a comparison of my car, the coupe 2 Series with LCI Blackline taillights parked next a convertible 2 Series with the standard LCI taillights.

You can only see the difference from the side of the taillights as mine has a dark blood cherry red colour around the side view of the taillights in comparison to the standard bright red of the regular ones. Hope this helps.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      04-01-2024, 07:07 PM   #3
spinblade
Rep

AM20 BMW Thanks. Both are nice. Judging from your pic, I'm thinking the pic I posted is just regular OEM LCI tail lights.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 08:03 PM   #4
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinblade View Post
Judging from your pic, I'm thinking the pic I posted is just regular OEM LCI tail lights.
Me, too - the reverse light portion is darker on the black lines.
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2024, 03:37 PM   #5
x573V3N
Rep
Drives: 228i N26

I'm wanting to do the same but torn between getting the blackline or the smoked version (see pic)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 07:07 PM   #6
spinblade
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x573V3N View Post
I'm wanting to do the same but torn between getting the blackline or the smoked version (see pic)
Yeah, it can be a tough decision lol. I'm personally leaning standard LCI tail lights for my particular taste but I'm still going back and forth on it. That deep black line red from certain angles is nice and tasteful but I also don't mind that bright side aspect of the standard tail lights. I even don't mind the pre-LCIs at other times when I look at them from certain angles. They've all got something about them. Probably just standard for me... maybe.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 09:32 PM   #7
Nickies
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinblade View Post
Yeah, it can be a tough decision lol. I'm personally leaning standard LCI tail lights for my particular taste but I'm still going back and forth on it. That deep black line red from certain angles is nice and tasteful but I also don't mind that bright side aspect of the standard tail lights. I even don't mind the pre-LCIs at other times when I look at them from certain angles. They've all got something about them. Probably just standard for me... maybe.
I have a Melbourne Red Coupe with the standard LCI tail lights and I have tinted windows. I am very happy with the light red on red look.

Name:  IMG_1421 (1).jpg
Views: 85
Size:  1.35 MB
2019 M240i, Melbourne Red, Black Interior. 3M Tint, Premium Package, Harman Kardon, Adaptive LED Head Lights, M Performance Exhaust and Diffuser, Chrome Exhaust Tips, 719M Bi Color Wheels, Black Kidney Grille, Burger Tuning JB+.

Last edited by Nickies; 04-02-2024 at 09:41 PM..
Appreciate 3
Hap152.50
      04-03-2024, 08:22 AM   #8
AM20 BMW
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 218i M Sport

Garage List
Yeah, to be honest I never knew my car had a black line taillights, didn’t know it was such a thing until I parked next to the other 2 Series and realised my taillights were darker on the sides.

My car was one of the last few builds of the F22 lineup till BMW released the G42 and black line taillights I believe was one of the last few changes to slightly refresh the F22/F23 again. Either way if I had the non-black line I’ve would of kept it, both looks nice as each other and again depending on the colour of the car as well.
Appreciate 1