THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum comfort access

11-05-2023, 12:47 PM   #1
audiovert
Private
Rep
Drives: f23 cabrio

comfort access

i just ordered comfort access kit from bimmertech.
anyone added this to there car?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2023, 01:41 PM   #2
leftoverture
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

I have comfort access in mine and really don't like it. It's a cool party trick but too many times I've come out and found all my windows down and the car unlocked because I somehow leaned on the fob just wrong.
Appreciate 1
Mike F.103.00
      11-05-2023, 09:56 PM   #3
Nickies
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftoverture View Post
I have comfort access in mine and really don't like it. It's a cool party trick but too many times I've come out and found all my windows down and the car unlocked because I somehow leaned on the fob just wrong.
Install your key in a key fob. It will solve your problem.
2019 M240i, Melbourne Red, Black Interior. 3M Tint, Premium Package, Harman Kardon, Adaptive LED Head Lights, M Performance Exhaust and Diffuser, Chrome Exhaust Tips, 719M Bi Color Wheels, Black Kidney Grille, Burger Tuning JB+.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2023, 06:37 PM   #4
jzeiler4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i xDrive vert

Quote:
Comfort access only works when the FOB is in your pocket and standing next to the car, if the key is 15 feet away it will not work. It enables you to unlock the car with your hand inside the door handle and lock it with a touch on top of the door handle. It does not roll the windows down. I leave my FOB in the garage and then I can wash the car without the water setting off the comfort access to lock the car.

Now I do have a Smartop module and I can stand 30 feet away from the car and unlock ,lower windows and drop the top with the FOB buttons.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 05:54 AM   #5
leftoverture
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeiler4 View Post
Comfort access only works when the FOB is in your pocket and standing next to the car, if the key is 15 feet away it will not work. It enables you to unlock the car with your hand inside the door handle and lock it with a touch on top of the door handle. It does not roll the windows down. I leave my FOB in the garage and then I can wash the car without the water setting off the comfort access to lock the car.

Now I do have a Smartop module and I can stand 30 feet away from the car and unlock ,lower windows and drop the top with the FOB buttons.
Well then, I learned something new today. Except my smart top module will activate the windows from a distance but the top will only go down if I'm close to the vehicle. Mine's a 2016.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 01:45 PM   #6
jzeiler4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well then, I learned something new today. Except my smart top module will activate the windows from a distance but the top will only go down if I'm close to the vehicle. Mine's a 2016.
Could be the newer receiver in my 2021 and how the Smartop unit uses it. I found out that the water would lock my car when I washed it if the FOB was in my pocket. I also understand it (comfort access) will NOT lock the car if the FOB is IN the car so I may try that on the next wash.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 05:01 PM   #7
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Could be the newer receiver in my 2021 and how the Smartop unit uses it. I found out that the water would lock my car when I washed it if the FOB was in my pocket. I also understand it (comfort access) will NOT lock the car if the FOB is IN the car so I may try that on the next wash.
In theory anyway but I got locked out in a car wash once. I always take the laser-cut key out of the fob and put it in my pocket when I am washing now.
Appreciate 1
jzeiler4320.00
      11-09-2023, 12:21 AM   #8
Nickies
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M240I

Quote:
You just keep the fob in your pocket all the time. This is the only way. This is true....if you wash your car and the sensors detect water, it will lock automatically. If the fob is inside, it will not lock. It needs to be with you and locks the doors when you are in the driver's seat.
2019 M240i, Melbourne Red, Black Interior. 3M Tint, Premium Package, Harman Kardon, Adaptive LED Head Lights, M Performance Exhaust and Diffuser, Chrome Exhaust Tips, 719M Bi Color Wheels, Black Kidney Grille, Burger Tuning JB+.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 12:18 PM   #9
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickies View Post
You just keep the fob in your pocket all the time. This is the only way. This is true....if you wash your car and the sensors detect water, it will lock automatically. If the fob is inside, it will not lock. It needs to be with you and locks the doors when you are in the driver's seat.
If I wash the car with the fob in my pocket, the doors lock and unlock and the lights flash (I've disabled the horn honk thankfully) whenever I spray the door handles, which is multiple times for a typical wash. It is annoying. With the fob inside the car, this does not happen. However you can indeed presumably with just the right conditions lock the doors with the fob inside, I know, I've done it. So I put the fob in the car when I wash but keep the manual key with me just in case. I've never had to use it since, but once bitten and all that.

Also, I've disabled the auto locking of the doors when I am in the car. I find that annoying too.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 12:28 PM   #10
leftoverture
Captain
United_States
Rep

I have never had any issue in the car wash, but then, I'm inside with the FOB, just along for the ride.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 02:38 PM   #11
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep

Quote:
I have never had any issue in the car wash, but then, I'm inside with the FOB, just along for the ride.
Of course if you use automatic car washes the entire discussion is moot
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 05:04 PM   #12
msej449
msej449
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i Convertible +LSD 2016

Garage List
I just unlock my car first, then put the key back in the house, then wash it etc. Then when I'm finished I lock the car again from the house.

I like the keyless entry because when I'm parked in some ill-lit, dodgy public car park, it's not obvious which car is mine until I actually turn and put my hand on the door handle and get in and lock it.
      11-18-2023, 05:18 AM   #13
audiovert
Private
Rep
Drives: f23 cabrio

thanks to all for replies

do the mirrors fold/unfold upon lock/unlock?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 10:47 AM   #14
jzeiler4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I coded mine to do that with Bimmercode, but they did not when I picked up the car new.
Appreciate 0