THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Rattling/static noise coming from dash when car is over 40mph?

10-18-2015, 03:34 PM   #1
mattc1176
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 m240i

Rattling/static noise coming from dash when car is over 40mph?

This just started happening and there's nothing I can think of that I did to cause it. There's a noise coming from what seems like inside the dashboard behind the sped/tach areas. It sounds almost like static on an AM radio but it gets louder the faster I go, starting at around 40mph.

Anyone experience this? It doesn't sound like something loose in there that's rattling but its really loud and annoying. I'll be making an appt to bring it in but hoping someone else has had this as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2015, 05:12 PM   #2
arun21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i

Yes I have this problem too only on very specific roads. I recently had a service appt and they said they put some felt tape in various places and it seemed to have fixed the problem. Few things were slightly loose as well which were tightened.
Appreciate 0