THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 328i faster than 228i??

09-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #23
HowardM
Banned
Rep
Drives: Mercedes clk

328i vs 228i

Yours is an eye opening experience, as I had my new 228i (track package) back to dealer 3 days after picking it up. MY LOANER was a 328i. I was sligtly dumbfounded driving it back and forth to pick my car back up.
The 328 in sport mode (smaller tires) was JUST as fast from a moderate throttle input as my NEW 228i.! Add to that...the sport mode with smaller tires was just as firm and heavy in the steering as my 228i...and noticably more "grounded" (I assume cause of the heavy weight) even with my Track handling package... NOW go figure this out!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 11:31 PM   #24
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by threepac3 View Post
You also get Sport Plus mode in both Sport and M Sport Trims.
I have sports plus mode...I have Base 228i...90 percent of the posters on this forum are straight up full of shit wanna bees that think they are race car drivers. BMW sterotype alive and well.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 10:57 AM   #25
HowardM
Banned
Rep
Drives: Mercedes clk

As I drive the 228i more (track package) I find myself enjoying the sport and sport plus suspension mode as to steering. It appears the car has a quick maneuverability compared to the 328i, but in retrospect, the handling package also gives my car a touch more firmness on roads. Contrary to the 328, which is a bit smoother and firmer on the tarmac while also having a full firm steering feel in its sport mode. Interestingly, I still can't figure If I prefer the 3 to my 2 or visa versa. Certainly, i DID not drive the 3 before leasing cause I now only prefer a coupe. I like the 2 series alot. Ridiculously, I am sometimes looking a few years ahead and wondering....how will Mercedes reinstated CLK (c class coupe, which I had from 2008 - 2011 ) will drive in comparison.
Appreciate 0