THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery ED from distant dealer?

06-19-2015, 04:51 PM   #1
tubedreamer
Private
Rep
Drives: (Sold) 2008 SSII 6MT E90

ED from distant dealer?

Couldn't figure out the right words to search for this question.

How does it work if you have a dealer far away order a car for you ED? The car is shipped to the dealer after ED right? Do you have to go there to pick it up?

What issues do you have getting a car ED from an out of state dealer? Does anyone know any California specific procedures?

How do people usually negotiate with a dealer remotely? Are they pretty responsive by email? Can you ask to see their invoice sheets by email?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 05:40 PM   #2
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340xi

I'm not the most informed, but you can either take delivery via PCD or at dealer stateside. theres 2 or 3 dealers in CA thats pretty experienced with ED who can help you.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 08:02 PM   #3
MikeT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

If you're in California, there's no really point in using an out-of-state dealer. There are multiple excellent ED dealers here in the state, and they're all used to dealing with customers outside of their immediate vicinities. I'm in California, and so is my dealer, but we're ~400 miles apart, so the whole process has been via email, phone & FedEx. No problems at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 08:42 PM   #4
TBro2002
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
If you're in California, there's no really point in using an out-of-state dealer. There are multiple excellent ED dealers here in the state, and they're all used to dealing with customers outside of their immediate vicinities. I'm in California, and so is my dealer, but we're ~400 miles apart, so the whole process has been via email, phone & FedEx. No problems at all.
I would agree. Most of the best ED dealers are right here in California. My whole ED deal was done by email, never even a phone call, and everything was handled very professionally. We are waiting on our ED re-delivery here at the end of the month.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 10:53 AM   #5
CE750Jockey
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M240 'vert 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubedreamer View Post
Couldn't figure out the right words to search for this question.

How does it work if you have a dealer far away order a car for you ED? The car is shipped to the dealer after ED right? Do you have to go there to pick it up?

What issues do you have getting a car ED from an out of state dealer? Does anyone know any California specific procedures?

How do people usually negotiate with a dealer remotely? Are they pretty responsive by email? Can you ask to see their invoice sheets by email?

Thanks!
Yeah, I'm waaay far from California and used a California dealer. Everything done via email, FedEx, PCD delivery from an ED. In fact, I'm doing a 2nd with him. BUT, I concur with the others, if you're in Ca., use a Ca dealer. There are some really good ones there.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 02:26 AM   #6
tubedreamer
Private
Rep

Sounds good. Can I pm you guys for some dealer recommendations? Do you have to pick it up from the dealer upon redelivery? How do you out-of-staters do it?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 10:18 PM   #7
tubedreamer
Private
Rep

Any anybody have experience with doing ED with Peter Pan in San Mateo?

Or Fremont BMW?

Would you recommend them?
Appreciate 0