THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum M240i Needs A New Engine… PLEASE HELP

12-17-2023, 11:42 AM   #45
Trilllz
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashad13 View Post
Hey guys. so here's the story (abridged version). My lease buyout was $27k, and carmax valued it at $41k. So what did i do? Bought it out, swapped in a used motor with somewhat similar mileage for just over $7k. All in all, was in it for that point at $34k. Then flipped to carmax for $7k profit.

God bless covid chip-shortages for covering my *ss with used car prices through the damn roof.

From there, bought a 996 Carrera 4s 6 speed coupe for 33k. sold the next month for 45k

then got into an old range rover, built it out as an offroad truck & sold it. Got myself in a 3rd gen tacoma, built it out, and now trying to sell it.

In the meantime, i have re-entered the bmw family as a new owner of a f31 328d m-sport wagon, with all the fancy packages and under 100k miles, for $19k. With 55mpg on the highway and the way gas prices are, i am a very happy man

so luckily it all worked out. but sh*t, what a mess that B58 was.......
Amazing.

Appreciate that you came back and let peps know the conclusion.

About the M240i you sold. Did you have to disclose that the motor was changed?

Did that turn up on the vehicle history report, since you went to the dealer with it initially?
Appreciate 0