THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery 8 weeks and production finally complete

10-08-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
issaacrumel01
Private
Rep
Drives: 228i msport thp

8 weeks and production finally complete

It only took two months, but my 228i M Sport is headed to the carrier for transport. I am guessing a 4 week process from Germany to Colorado, but would love to hear some feedback on other's personal experience. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 01:10 PM   #2
NY10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i xdrive Coupe

Awesome news! This is the most exciting time! My car was finished with production on Sept 26 it was picked up by the carrier on 9/27 it arrived in NJ today 10/8 and is right now probably either still on the ship or being taken off the ship. This whole process felt like an eternity for when I ordered the car on Aug 16.

Once the car is off the ship it'll go through customs if everything is ok with the car (which it will be) it'll be assigned to a truck and being I'm only on LI from Jersey it'll take 2 days to get to my dealership about. Hopefully by Monday I'll be picking up my car
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 02:16 PM   #3
rmhumr
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY10 View Post
Awesome news! This is the most exciting time! My car was finished with production on Sept 26 it was picked up by the carrier on 9/27 it arrived in NJ today 10/8 and is right now probably either still on the ship or being taken off the ship. This whole process felt like an eternity for when I ordered the car on Aug 16.

Once the car is off the ship it'll go through customs if everything is ok with the car (which it will be) it'll be assigned to a truck and being I'm only on LI from Jersey it'll take 2 days to get to my dealership about. Hopefully by Monday I'll be picking up my car
wow, this really shows the impact of how lucky or unlucky with regards to scheduling.

I did european delivery and dropped the car off at the Welt on 9/27. I am assuming it didn't get picked up till 9/29 at the earliest. As of today 10/8, it is still sitting in bremmerhaven I think the next ship leaves 10/9 and gets to port 10/24.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 03:09 PM   #4
issaacrumel01
Private
Rep

Quote:

It is so true. I have seen folks getting their cars five weeks after ordering and as long as 5 months. Luck of the draw. I got caught up in the August vacations I assume which led to the delay. Figure I am closer to driving it than I was before so another month or so won't kill me.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 03:59 PM   #5
NY10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhumr View Post
wow, this really shows the impact of how lucky or unlucky with regards to scheduling.

I did european delivery and dropped the car off at the Welt on 9/27. I am assuming it didn't get picked up till 9/29 at the earliest. As of today 10/8, it is still sitting in bremmerhaven I think the next ship leaves 10/9 and gets to port 10/24.
Quote:
Originally Posted by issaacrumel01 View Post
It is so true. I have seen folks getting their cars five weeks after ordering and as long as 5 months. Luck of the draw. I got caught up in the August vacations I assume which led to the delay. Figure I am closer to driving it than I was before so another month or so won't kill me.

It is so hard to estimate these things. I went in on Saturday Aug 16 test drove and ordered. A few days later I got my production number my car did not start production until September 1. Production took about a week or so, it went onto the ship on 9/26 (I just looked) just called BMWNA right now and as of 10/8 my car is in New Jersey in the processing center going over inspections and such.

As of tomorrow (if all is good) it should be loaded on a truck and on its way to my dealer where I hope to take it by Monday the latestest but again who knows. I've read people waiting weeks for their car once it arrives but I am luckily on Long Island and the port is not even an hour and a half away and several ships arrived close so the truck will be able to make pick up.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #6
CF22
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Nice!! Mine finished production yesterday and today the automated 1-800 number says something like released to carrier and awaiting transportation to the port of exit. My salesperson said to expect delivery first week of November, hopefully that's correct and no delays.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #7
NY10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF22 View Post
Nice!! Mine finished production yesterday and today the automated 1-800 number says something like released to carrier and awaiting transportation to the port of exit. My salesperson said to expect delivery first week of November, hopefully that's correct and no delays.
In my experience my CA was spot on. He told me back in August to expect delivery first week of October and sure enough here we are first week of October and the car has arrived.

I have seen some people take longer. I believe west coast deliveries always take a little bit longer for obvious reasons but from what I have seen and read for the most part they are right on track with what they say.

It's cool to see the people who all ordered cars around the same time start to get them and share their photos and thoughts once we get the cars finally being we have all been here watching everyone post info on the cars we have been waiting weeks/months to get.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 10:13 PM   #8
issaacrumel01
Private
Rep

Quote:
In my experience my CA was spot on. He told me back in August to expect delivery first week of October and sure enough here we are first week of October and the car has arrived.

I have seen some people take longer. I believe west coast deliveries always take a little bit longer for obvious reasons but from what I have seen and read for the most part they are right on track with what they say.

It's cool to see the people who all ordered cars around the same time start to get them and share their photos and thoughts once we get the cars finally being we have all been here watching everyone post info on the cars we have been waiting weeks/months to get.
It has been a great process seeing everyone's passion for the brand. As this is my first BMW and I've wanted one since I was sixteen and drooled over an e30 another kid at school had. That was 25 yrs ago. Long time to wait but it'll be so worth it when I drive off the lot.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 04:53 AM   #9
NY10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It has been a great process seeing everyone's passion for the brand. As this is my first BMW and I've wanted one since I was sixteen and drooled over an e30 another kid at school had. That was 25 yrs ago. Long time to wait but it'll be so worth it when I drive off the lot.
This is also my first BMW and I can't believe I'm so close to actually getting it now. I did so much research and everything on cars for over a year and before I even test drove it I feel in love with everything about this car, after the test drive and actually ordering it my passion only increased. Being 27 and just starting in the business world this is the first car I am buying on my own and fully paying for and having my own insurance so that makes my passion even more.

According to the websites the car has been dropped off and delivered in NY as of yesterday and once BMWNA opens today I will get the full information and find out if it's on the truck yet. I went from having weeks to having days maybe hours.

Very exciting time.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 09:09 AM   #10
issaacrumel01
Private
Rep

Quote:
This is also my first BMW and I can't believe I'm so close to actually getting it now. I did so much research and everything on cars for over a year and before I even test drove it I feel in love with everything about this car, after the test drive and actually ordering it my passion only increased. Being 27 and just starting in the business world this is the first car I am buying on my own and fully paying for and having my own insurance so that makes my passion even more.

According to the websites the car has been dropped off and delivered in NY as of yesterday and once BMWNA opens today I will get the full information and find out if it's on the truck yet. I went from having weeks to having days maybe hours.

Very exciting time.
COngrats and enjoy it! Post pics when it arrives.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #11
NY10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
COngrats and enjoy it! Post pics when it arrives.
I plan to post pictures once I pick up the car, and along the process to any changes I make to the car.

As of this morning I can getting the message that custom release and liner release has been completed. No exact clue what either of those things mean but it can only mean that my car is very close to being home. At least in my head that's what it means.
Appreciate 0