THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Week 12-still no Car!!

09-28-2014, 03:34 PM   #1
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
So we placed the order on our 228i m sport in July. Dealer Confirmed on July 14th order processed and a 6-8 week delivery.

So we're in week 12. Only thing out dealer told us it was scheduled to be there on the 23rd of September. Well still no car! We call BMW NA it still says at port awaiting shopping vessel! This car has been in Maryland for 2 weeks now and hasn't budged! What the heck is going on!

What should we do or ask? Should we call BMW NA and complain and ask for some compensation or complain to the dealer? At least give us something for failed delivery dates...This is not our 1st new BMW but our 1st time actually ordering one? Sorry if these are noob questions. Just wanna know what you guys have done.

This is a bit aggravating..maybe I'm expecting too much at this day and age where quality of service imo has diminished. But when someone tells me something and sets a date I'm the type of person that expects the deadline to be filled. At least in my field of work....

Sigh...we would like to enjoy this car before winter gets here.
      09-28-2014, 10:37 PM   #2
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

When you call the number, do you just listen to the automated response? There is an option to speak with a live representative. I suggest you do that.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 08:55 AM   #3
NY10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i xdrive Coupe

You should defiantly speak to someone at BMWNA. By this time you should have a VIN number and the car should be on a ship, within 5 weeks my car started production and was put on a ship to NY. My CA had all the info start to finish
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 10:06 AM   #4
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY10
You should defiantly speak to someone at BMWNA. By this time you should have a VIN number and the car should be on a ship, within 5 weeks my car started production and was put on a ship to NY. My CA had all the info start to finish
We have a vin. I called BMW NA spoke to an agent and that info the dealer gave me is the same info the agent had. "It's awaiting a shipping vessel" meaning waiting for a carrier. The car is in Maryland already for 2 weeks! That's what's upsetting me. Why does it take 2 weeks to come to NW Indiana.

And I also asked the dealer if there are any known open campaigns or mechanical issues, they said there are none.
      09-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #5
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Oh, so your car is already past inspection at the VDC and awaiting a truck to your dealer. That's odd. I don't know how the trucking companies get dispatched. Few trucks headed for NW Indiana? Seems odd but I have no answers for you. Hold tight. The wait will be worth it.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #6
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Don't worry it will be here soon. I put in my order for '14 M235 on Apr 20 and picked it up on Aug 21st. Once I sat in it...forgot all about the wait
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 01:10 PM   #7
NY10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
We have a vin. I called BMW NA spoke to an agent and that info the dealer gave me is the same info the agent had. "It's awaiting a shipping vessel" meaning waiting for a carrier. The car is in Maryland already for 2 weeks! That's what's upsetting me. Why does it take 2 weeks to come to NW Indiana.

And I also asked the dealer if there are any known open campaigns or mechanical issues, they said there are none.
OK so you are now at the final stage of just waiting for a truck to pick up and drop the car off at the dealer. I don't know how long that process takes, I do know that once the car leaves the ship it goes through customs and then it is picked up and dropped off at the dealer. I don't see how that can take longer than a few days at the most unless there was damage or a problem with the car but they are telling you there wasn't any.

I can understand the frustration because I would want some serious answers as to why my car is just sitting for 2 weeks but your CA should be the one who has all those answers for you. Unless there was a problem there is no reason for it to take this long.

Like others said though, it's here and hopefully you'll be driving it in no time and the wait will all be worth it.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 01:48 PM   #8
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Got it!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post

OK so you are now at the final stage of just waiting for a truck to pick up and drop the car off at the dealer. I don't know how long that process takes, I do know that once the car leaves the ship it goes through customs and then it is picked up and dropped off at the dealer. I don't see how that can take longer than a few days at the most unless there was damage or a problem with the car but they are telling you there wasn't any.

I can understand the frustration because I would want some serious answers as to why my car is just sitting for 2 weeks but your CA should be the one who has all those answers for you. Unless there was a problem there is no reason for it to take this long.

Like others said though, it's here and hopefully you'll be driving it in no time and the wait will all be worth it.
Thank you guys for the help and replies.

A quick update. 11:15 my dealership contacts me with great news that our car well my wife's car has arrived.

Still no clue as to why it took so long but all that is forgotten. I'll post up some reviews and impressions of her 228 m sport. Earlier this year i tested a 235i and an M4 so this car should sum up the year quite nicely as far as driving pleasure goes
      09-29-2014, 09:17 PM   #9
NY10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Awesome news..congrats to you (your wife) I am sure that phone call made you very happy. I can't wait now until next week when mine arrives.

Please post pictures of the car and what your wife thinks of it once she drives it for a bit.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 10:55 AM   #10
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Awesome news..congrats to you (your wife) I am sure that phone call made you very happy. I can't wait now until next week when mine arrives.

Please post pictures of the car and what your wife thinks of it once she drives it for a bit.
The anticipation and waiting sucks. I will be sure to post up pics and impressions asap!

Thanks