THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Loud wind noise. Any ideas?

03-26-2015, 10:02 PM   #1
makai
Rep
Drives: M235i

Loud wind noise. Any ideas?

Hi all,
My car started making noise immediately after we picked it up. I can't pinpoint where it's coming from other than somewhere on the passenger back side window. Any ideas on what might cause this? I've got an appointment at the dealership in a couple of weeks but would love to figure it out before the car goes it.

Thanks!

https://vid.me/wgCw
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 10:12 PM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

I'm hearing wind noise and a buzzy noise so I'm not sure what's ambient exhaust or whatever. I had a Mercedes that when a heat shield on the underbody bent downward into the airflow it sounded like a passenger side door or winfow seal was defective. So check everything even gas door. One trick is to use tape at different locations around windows, doors, trunk seam - wherever to listen if the noise stops.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 10:21 PM   #3
makai
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
I'm hearing wind noise and a buzzy noise so I'm not sure what's ambient exhaust or whatever. I had a Mercedes that when a heat shield on the underbody bent downward into the airflow it sounded like a passenger side door or winfow seal was defective. So check everything even gas door. One trick is to use tape at different locations around windows, doors, trunk seam - wherever to listen if the noise stops.
Great ideas, thank you. The buzzing noise is what I'm hearing. It's particularly loud when the wind is blowing or I'm driving at 60+ MPH.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 06:28 AM   #4
Piper666
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 218D (sold) 2015 M235i

I found that the rubber that the glass seals with was slightly dry and a very small amount of silicone/rubber grease solved it
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 11:23 AM   #5
Glassjaw047
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i Estoril Blue II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper666 View Post
I found that the rubber that the glass seals with was slightly dry and a very small amount of silicone/rubber grease solved it
mind taking a picture and showing? Do you mean where the door glass go up into the seal when you close the door?
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4XE Summit Reserve (Current)
Appreciate 0