THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Mind your buttons

03-20-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
StephanieDiane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 M2

Mind your buttons

If you are parking your car into a spot and like to turn on the "echo-location" feature, as I call it, when you are unsure how close you may be to a large curb, be mindful that when you reach down you actually do press THAT button, and that you do NOT put yourself into comfort mode. Otherwise, as you slowly creep forward, you will look around in bewilderment for several seconds wondering why your car has "died" when it auto stops for "no apparent reason."

And, you will probably be late to work when this happens and not have patience for this sort of silly thing.

Worse yet, there may be someone nearby able to see you looking around like a moron mouthing "WTF?" to yourself until you note what mishap you have caused in your moment of idiocy. Then you will give yourself a defeated "Oh" and move on, hating comfort mode and auto stop even more.
Appreciate 2
      03-20-2015, 11:16 AM   #2
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

03-21-2015, 06:44 AM   #3
silverado
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

That's odd because it is my understanding that the Auto Stop feature is not supposed to activate when you're parking, i.e., when the proximity sensors detect that you're so close to other cars. Maybe it was confused because you switched to Comfort mode while parking.
      03-21-2015, 09:00 AM   #4
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

I'm confused. I have the auto stop start turned off. The only mode it works on is Eco Pro. When in Comfort mode it defaults to off because I turned it off when I bought the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 03:03 PM   #5
StephanieDiane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 M2

Yes, my brain was still annoyed... I should have said out of comfort mode into eco pro.

As for the sensors, I have no idea. There were no other cars nearby, just the curb, which it doesn't always pick up. Mind you, it's a high curb I would run the bumper into, but that's for another day.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 10:48 AM   #6
Disciple7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Well I am usually one of the first people to work and found out today that when you put your car in reverse to back into a spot and open the door to give the curb a quick check the transmission throws you into Park the moment you open the door. I hope this can be coded out, because don't tell me how to drive dammit.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 10:53 AM   #7
todd hollander
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple7 View Post
Well I am usually one of the first people to work and found out today that when you put your car in reverse to back into a spot and open the door to give the curb a quick check the transmission throws you into Park the moment you open the door. I hope this can be coded out, because don't tell me how to drive dammit.
If you keep your foot lightly on the brake, it won't go into park.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 06:51 AM   #8
angelbones
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: V.O. 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
I'm confused. I have the auto stop start turned off. The only mode it works on is Eco Pro. When in Comfort mode it defaults to off because I turned it off when I bought the car.
It most definitely works in Comfort. It is annoying when I park into my garage and slowly pull forward, that if I brake, it will sometimes turn off, I suppose, thinking that's where I'm going to stop. I will sometimes put it in Sport just to park so as to avoid this, but it's mainly just a minor annoyance I deal with.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 09:10 AM   #9
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
It most definitely works in Comfort. It is annoying when I park into my garage and slowly pull forward, that if I brake, it will sometimes turn off, I suppose, thinking that's where I'm going to stop. I will sometimes put it in Sport just to park so as to avoid this, but it's mainly just a minor annoyance I deal with.
Yes it works if you dont turn it off. If you turn it off while in confort mode the next time you start your car it will default to off in comfort mode.
Appreciate 0