THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Fedora - Departed Bremerhaven 01/06/14, Arrives at Port Hueneme, CA 26/06/14

06-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #67
MaximumG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i EBII May '14 ED

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Curious View Post
How fun was that?! Very cool. I laughed when we test drove the Mini, the dealer sat in the back, and I said "Really, you're gonna do this?" She did. I'm 5'9" husbands 6'3", there was no room in back, but she did it. Sort of stupid, let me drive the damn car myself!

We LOVE the BMW's, husbands parents had one, but we couldn't pass up the 42 MPG on the Mini, he's got a 65 mile commute, one way. (probably longer than your island is across?) So I suppose if mileage wasn't a factor, we'd be all over that car too. I'm not to picky, I'll take any of them! Well, the classic looking ones at least!

The worst part? With just one more thing, or just one upgrade, think how much it would be better. Pretty soon, the price is just ridiculous. It's a CAR! haha You'll be so happy with what you have. For fun, you should go test drive the 2014 Mini Hardtop. They're a fun little car, you'd be surprised. You'll also notice that BMW has put their little mark on the car, for the better. What the heck, you've got nothin else to do but wait for your car. It's no BMW, but it certainly is fun...like driving a go-kart on the road.
I really love the look of the new Mini with the LED halo eyes. My family used to have a 2001-06 Mini Cooper. I remember it being really fun to drive. I should do myself a favor and book a test drive of the new Mini Cooper. I heard a lot of good things about it.

The i3... I don't know if you've driven an EV before, but all that instantaneous massive torque..., the car braking when you let off the accelerator, that SUV seating position and unique interior... If I had money, and had a need for a "bigger" family car (it's actually smaller than the 2-series), the i3 would be very high on my list. I really like how light it feels. I think it steers wonderfully and the car is certainly fast enough. Overall, it's a very comfortable car.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 08:00 AM   #68
Stay Curious
Rep
Drives: 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop

We have a neighbor that got one, it's REALLY nice. Great handling up here in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. We live up near Lake Tahoe, and he's very comfortably whipping through these mountains. We'll have to go test drive one for ourselves. What the heck? At this point we have nothing to do but wait!

I can't imagine there's a ton of BMW's in Maui...is there? You'll be unique. Yet, I suppose there's a dealership there, so there must be a few to sustain a dealership.

Did you get the same color as your avatar?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 11:24 AM   #69
ihonzawa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Curious
We have a neighbor that got one, it's REALLY nice. Great handling up here in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. We live up near Lake Tahoe, and he's very comfortably whipping through these mountains. We'll have to go test drive one for ourselves. What the heck? At this point we have nothing to do but wait!

I can't imagine there's a ton of BMW's in Maui...is there? You'll be unique. Yet, I suppose there's a dealership there, so there must be a few to sustain a dealership.

Did you get the same color as your avatar?
There actually are quite a lot of bimmers here on Maui. I'd say most are 328i models with 335i models coming second. There are a decent amount of x3's and x5's with a few x1's around. You'll spot a F10 5er every now and then and a 7 series one in a while. I've seen at least 3 E92 M3's and a niiiice F12 M6. Now I'm starting to see a lot more 4 series on the road and 228i's as well. (Even saw an alpine white M235i the other day!)

Maui probably has more Toyotas and Hondas on the roads. Tacomas, Corollas, and Camrys for Toyota. Civics and Accords for Honda.

And yes, I uploaded the screenshot of the "Build Your BMW" website. Alpine White 228i with only the lighting pkg.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #70
Stay Curious
Rep

Is yours getting on another ship in CA to HI? Just curious because I see it goes from CA to WA to Japan. Inquiring minds want to know.

Port Country Arrival Departure

MANZANILLO, PA PANAMA 17/06/2014 18/06/2014
PORT HUENEME, CA U.S.A. 26/06/2014 27/06/2014
TACOMA, WA U.S.A. 30/06/2014 30/06/2014
YOKOHAMA, JAPAN JAPAN 13/07/2014 13/07/2014
TIANJIN-XINGANG CHINA 17/07/2014 17/07/2014
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 07:08 PM   #71
ihonzawa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Curious
Is yours getting on another ship in CA to HI? Just curious because I see it goes from CA to WA to Japan. Inquiring minds want to know.

Port Country Arrival Departure

MANZANILLO, PA PANAMA 17/06/2014 18/06/2014
PORT HUENEME, CA U.S.A. 26/06/2014 27/06/2014
TACOMA, WA U.S.A. 30/06/2014 30/06/2014
YOKOHAMA, JAPAN JAPAN 13/07/2014 13/07/2014
TIANJIN-XINGANG CHINA 17/07/2014 17/07/2014
The car will be transferred to another ship bound for Honolulu from Long Beach, CA. I'll have to wait a few days extra for it to be transported to Maui from Honolulu. My sister's boyfriend is a stevedore and he unloads cars (including BMW's) off of the inbound ships. He's going to look for my 2er when it comes in. loll
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 02:31 PM   #72
Stay Curious
Rep

That's pretty cool. I just wanted to be sure to be able to track when you got yours, so we can jump up and down together. Do you know what shipping co they use?

It's killing us that we can't keep tracking the boat right now. It's not like it's not near land. I can understand across the Atlantic, but it started showing up near land, WHY AREN'T THEY SHOWING IT???? Turds! hahaha
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 03:11 PM   #73
ihonzawa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I'm fairly certain that Matson will be shipping the car to Hawaii. According to my sister's fiance (they just got engaged yesterday), They offload the new bimmers off of Matson ships at Honolulu, then transfer them to smaller inter-island barges. Maybe he'll be able to expedite my bimmer to the Maui barge sooner. (There is approximately a 2 day processing timeframe for that) Fortunately, Matson has an app for iOS and Android devices. I'll keep everyone posted when it does arrive. I'll have to keep my Canon 60D charged when July rolls around... ETA for dealership pickup is around the second week of July!

And as for the tracking of the Fedora, I found it also odd that even the other site I use to track ships didn't have anything in the Pacific beyond the limits of Panama... It drives me nuts seeing other recently purchased 2ers on the road. They were fortunate enough to walk into the dealership and say "That one, I want that one." and drive it home the very same day... It alright though, we ordered our cars with exactly what we wanted on them. It will be worth it!!

Also, I'm putting a German plate on the front as soon as I get it. I searched for a plate from Munich where the 2er is made and even found a replica registration sticker for Bavern. I'll keep it on until my Hawaii license plates come in. (They take a few weeks to be issued here and the front plate must be on the front bumper.) Until then, Euro plate it is!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 07:59 AM   #74
Stay Curious
Rep

Oooooohhh.

I LIKE the plate idea, I may steel that! Although, it will probably be English, as it's made in Oxford, England...but with all German BMW parts. haha

Congrats to your sister, that's very exciting. Do Hawaiian island honeymooners go to Wisconsin for their honeymoon? You know? The opposite of everyone here stateside? haha "Yeh, we're going to go tour cheese at the Wisconsin Dell's for our honeymoon and drink beer in a field." Party on!

Guess what? The ship showed up today! Celebrate with Margarita's, as it's headed towards Puerto Vallarta this morning, in the warm Mexican weather, strolling along the seashore, and surfing the waves. Thank goodness, something to ease the anticipation.

I hear you, about the cars driving. Someone passed us this weekend in a 2014 Mini, no plates yet, and I screamed at him. Okay, so the windows were closed, and it was someone that bought it in the Bay Area (200 miles away) but still! The nerve! There's only one other person up here with a Mini, and it's old, that we've seen (small town w/3000 people, perhaps 7000 total on the hill between here and South Lake Tahoe) so we'll definitely be unique.

We get snow, just enough to go "YAY," then it leaves. So we have to get chains. Not the most practical car in that weather, but we drive distance more than we have bad weather, and we have back up snow cars. I don't think we'll see too many around here. I've wanted a BMW my whole life, so that will probably be my car someday...one can wish! In the meantime, I'll enjoy our halfbreed of Mini/BMW ancestry.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 04:58 PM   #75
ihonzawa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Haha, by all means, don't hesitate to do it! The euro plates add a nice touch! As for my sister's honeymoon, I guess in theory, they could have one of the best stay-cations west of the Rockies. Haha. And at this point, knowing the ship is just a few days away from port is good enough for me. I'll check periodically for updates on marinetraffic.com these next few days.

You know, I never would have thought I'd buy a German vehicle. I grew up with my family's lineup of Toyota exclusive vehicles. A 1984 Toyota Van, a 1987 Toyota Cressida (Crown), a 1991 Toyota Previa, a 2007 Toyota Prius, and a 2009 Toyota Tacoma. I bought a 2007 Mazda3 (I "rebelled" from Toyota but still stuck with a Japanese brand... Haha...) back in '07 and sold it last month to help fund the 2er. I must say, even though I probably never would have taken the leap from practical economy cars to German precision, I'm sure glad I did!

Mini or Bimmer, they're both great cars. I've had police officers tell me they've seen the current generation of Mini's withstand substantial side and front impacts. When they arrived on scene they thought for sure that it was a fatal accident, but found the occupants inside with only minor scratches.

These next few days should sail by very quickly! (Haha...)
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #76
Stay Curious
Rep

Hardy har, sail. Good one.

Yeah, the Mini's have 8 airbags to compensate for the size. We may be airbag burn, but we'll be in a giant bubble of safety. We'll just pray it won't be a multi collision accident, getting nailed after the airbags deflate.

We both grew up with no real brand loyalty, I think we've owned almost every brand growing up. As adults, we became a Subaru family, and considering they both have over 200,000 miles, I can't complain about Japanese engineering. They've been great cars.

I went on the "Buy American" craze in '86, but a Chevy Spectrum. When I went to buy parts for the car, they were all Isuzu. So much for "Buying American" It doesn't mean anything. We have a old Dodge Van for hauling stuff. We tend to drive cars until they're dead or looking at the grave. This will be our first non-reactionary purchase, which makes it much more enjoyable.

Well, for anyone reading this thread, they've lost interest!
Guess we got haha

It's been really fun talking with you, and we'll have to stay in touch. For now, its' time to get financing, insurance, and trips planned!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:03 PM   #77
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Nm

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:25 PM   #78
ihonzawa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Back to business. lol

24/6/2014 @0400 HRS
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #79
Stay Curious
Rep

Traffic jam

Check out the ship traffic this morning. It's crazy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #80
ihonzawa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

25/6/2014 @2215 Hrs
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 07:20 AM   #81
Stay Curious
Rep

In the USA

Our babies are in the good ol USA! Woo hoo.

I'm starting to feel labor pains, no regrets, just intense excitement.

Soon, our shared journey will end, but it's been really exciting. I'll still be following up with you, so you have a stranger with the same anticipation to share your feelings with. haha

Wish they had a webcam at Port Hueneme, that would be cool to watch. Sigh, oh well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 08:30 AM   #82
Stay Curious
Rep

Turning in port

She's a turning in port!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 08:39 AM   #83
ciwhamc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i Alpine White

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
I really can't wait now. I hope I get it before the 4th of July.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #84
Stay Curious
Rep

Fedora Docked Port Hueneme

21 Days from when she left Southhampton, Fedora has docked at Port Hueneme, California.

ciwhamc I'm with you, I can hardly stand it! Wish I knew how long it took from Port to dealer...I may call my dealer, it will be the first time I do, to get an idea. To see, if perhaps, a July 4 delivery is too much to expect.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #85
MaximumG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i EBII May '14 ED

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Congratz fellas! If I get my car before the Fourth of July, that would be truly awesome. But now, it's the waiting game. I suspect my dealer and BMWNA will eventually get sick of my inquiries in the next few days/weeks....
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #86
mikeyymonster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Wow it really did arrive on schedule. I hope it doesn't take a week just to deliver from port to dealer.. that would be insane.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 09:15 PM   #87
ihonzawa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Really happy for you all! For those of you in Cali, you should be taking delivery very soon! I'll be watching my harbor these next few weeks...

Congrats everyone!! Aloooooooha!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 10:15 PM   #88
Stay Curious
Rep

Oh, WHATEVER ihonzawa. Just throw in your awesome Maui view into the mix. No wonder everyone hangs loose there, how could you not? I could wait patiently there too. Maybe not, like you, I'd want to get tooling around in my car as fast as possible.

I do know how you feel, though. A guy that bought his car the same day as we bought ours, already got his because he's on the east coast. All these stories of fun trips and excitement, burn my hide, yet I can't help but be excited for him. He just enjoys rubbing it in , I won't do that...we've come to far together in support!

Here's to a speedy and safe trip to The Valley Isle.
Appreciate 0