THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum $350 Credit for M235i Harman Kardon

09-23-2014, 09:26 AM   #23
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner View Post
I will say that BMW corporate is responsive, with many calls and emails to me on this issue, but still unresolved.
Hmm, what is BMW corporate communicating to you in their calls and emails? It can't be that hard to cut a check...
///M235i | 2015 | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | 8-speed automatic | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Heated Seats | Harman/Kardon Premium Sound | M Performance Exhaust w/ Chrome Tips | Black Kidney Grilles | Carbon Fiber: Mirror Caps, Interior w/ Alcantara Trim, and Brake Handle
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 09:41 AM   #24
th1rd3y3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i xDrive

So it's a $350 refund regardless? That's interesting. If you're ok with spending the $800 for the upgrade when it's advertised as what you get why would they refund you? I can understand for people who ordered (like myself) with the impression they were getting one thing and then it shows up with another, but that's just odd refunding just because.

For what it's worth, my dealer refunded the whole price of the system to me, I told them I wouldn't have purchased the option had I known it was only going to be a moderate upgrade from the standard system.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 09:58 AM   #25
bladeomatic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by missxmelon View Post
Just because someone makes a 5 minute phone call for $350, doesn't mean s/he cannot afford a $50,000 vehicle.
Indeed. I have grown to be able to afford a $53k car because I pay attention to $350 here and $350 there.

I bill at $200/hr but a 5 min call to BMW/NA for $350 credit trumps that. Plus BMW should make good on that (lazy) mistake.

My $350 will go straight to new door speakers...

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #26
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by th1rd3y3 View Post
So it's a $350 refund regardless? That's interesting. If you're ok with spending the $800 for the upgrade when it's advertised as what you get why would they refund you?
Why don't you ask BMW NA?
///M235i | 2015 | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | 8-speed automatic | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Heated Seats | Harman/Kardon Premium Sound | M Performance Exhaust w/ Chrome Tips | Black Kidney Grilles | Carbon Fiber: Mirror Caps, Interior w/ Alcantara Trim, and Brake Handle
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #27
iamcam
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killramos View Post
Pretty sleezy if you take the refund and knew all along.

I am one of the few who likes my HK I guess...
+1

If the reason for the refund doesn't apply to you then you're being dishonest taking it.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #28
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcam View Post
+1

If the reason for the refund doesn't apply to you then you're being dishonest taking it.
What's dishonest about saying "I hear you are offering a $350 refund for the Harmon/Kardon upgrade?"

I didn't lie about anything. It was never discussed if the refund "applied" to me... Obviously, if the BMW customer rep offered it to me, it applied. Get a grip.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 11:22 AM   #29
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
Quote:
What's dishonest about saying "I hear you are offering a $350 refund for the Harmon/Kardon upgrade?"

I didn't lie about anything. It was never discussed if the refund "applied" to me... Obviously, if the BMW customer rep offered it to me, it applied. Get a grip.
Because many of you knew what you are paying for. This isn't like bringing a sweater back because it went on sale the week after.

Its like if there was a class action lawsuit and you went and bought something after the fact to try and participate in the lawsuit.

The difference is BMW is doing it proactively and is designed for people who genuinely thought their car had 16 speakers back in January when they placed their orders for the car. If you bought your car off the lot in july with HK after reading 2addicts all year then calling BMW up saying " I thought my car had 16 speakers give me 350 dollars" then you are being dishonest by definition.

Me, I want to develop a positive relationship with my dealer which will lead to thousands off cars in the future and whining about $350 dollars you arent entitled to is being pretty small.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #30
iamcam
Rep

Quote:

I don't need to get a grip bud. My viewpoint has plenty of merit, while yours is clouded by $350.00 :-)

Nobody said you lied btw; don't be so defensive. You rationalized it and feel good about it obviously so don't let us fools bother you.

I am taking delivery of my M235i next month and won't ask for the refund.

Stay classy.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #31
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Playing devil's advocate, perhaps it keeps BMW from doing something so petty themselves, like offering 2/3 of an audio upgrade for the same price as the full one. One is dishonest, the other (BMW's move) is just big business marketing tactics (which I am not supporting with my money).
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 11:54 AM   #32
SmallTownBoy
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i 6MT PSS BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Playing devil's advocate, perhaps it keeps BMW from doing something so petty themselves, like offering 2/3 of an audio upgrade for the same price as the full one. One is dishonest, the other (BMW's move) is just big business marketing tactics (which I am not supporting with my money).
+1 That's why I stuck with the base hifi and will spend less $ on Focals for the doors and maybe an amp and subwoofer upgrade (if the focal upgrde needs it). I end up with a better system than the HK, for less money. I don't know why they would leave out the L7 equalization for a car at this price point. It should be a standard feature.
      09-23-2014, 12:00 PM   #33
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Because many of you knew what you are paying for. This isn't like bringing a sweater back because it went on sale the week after.
Yes, this is exactly what is happening.

Quote:
Its like if there was a class action lawsuit and you went and bought something after the fact to try and participate in the lawsuit.
No, it's not. Where's the lawsuit exactly?

Quote:
The difference is BMW is doing it proactively and is designed for people who genuinely thought their car had 16 speakers back in January when they placed their orders for the car.
Your words, not BMW's.

Quote:
If you bought your car off the lot in july with HK after reading 2addicts all year then calling BMW up saying " I thought my car had 16 speakers give me 350 dollars" then you are being dishonest by definition.
Did you read my previous post AT ALL? No one is saying that. Let me copy and paste it for you again: "I hear you are offering a $350 refund for the Harmon/Kardon upgrade?"

Quote:
Me, I want to develop a positive relationship with my dealer which will lead to thousands off cars in the future and whining about $350 dollars you arent entitled to is being pretty small.
lol trust me dude, by calling BMW NA, your dealership won't stop selling you cars...

Asking a simple question is NOT whining. Your post exhibits more whining than anything. And you know what's being pretty small? Generalizing, falsely accusing, and stereotyping people for receiving a $350 refund that, according to BMW NA, they ARE entitled to. Apparently, BMW NA doesn't agree with you.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #34
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcam View Post
I don't need to get a grip bud. My viewpoint has plenty of merit, while yours is clouded by $350.00 :-)

Nobody said you lied btw; don't be so defensive. You rationalized it and feel good about it obviously so don't let us fools bother you.

I am taking delivery of my M235i next month and won't ask for the refund.

Stay classy.
Haha, trust me, my viewpoint's not clouded... it's a simple question of, would you like to spend 5 minutes to receive $350? Doesn't make sense to criticize those who say "yes."

Congrats on your M235i and good luck w/ the delivery.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 12:06 PM   #35
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownBoy View Post
+1 That's why I stuck with the base hifi and will spend less $ on Focals for the doors and maybe an amp and subwoofer upgrade (if the focal upgrde needs it). I end up with a better system than the HK, for less money. I don't know why they would leave out the L7 equalization for a car at this price point. It should be a standard feature.

Don't know why others are obsessed with defending BMW...
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 01:38 PM   #36
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

i don't see what the big deal is. the way i see it, missxmelon or anyone else here has nothing to lose. $350 isn't much money, but you can still get yourself a nice dinner with that. anyone should be able to call and see if their production# passes for a refund.

didn't read everything but from what i can speculate, missxmelon called BMWNA, they ran through the production# and showed the car was built before they corrected it (not when it was bought from the dealers), issuing a refund. if missxmelon tried to milk out that $350 knowing he wouldn't pass, then that would be a different story, haha.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 01:41 PM   #37
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerm1t View Post
i don't see what the big deal is. the way i see it, missxmelon or anyone else here has nothing to lose. $350 isn't much money, but you can still get yourself a nice dinner with that. anyone should be able to call and see if their production# passes for a refund.

didn't read everything but from what i can speculate, missxmelon called BMWNA, they ran through the production# and showed the car was built before they corrected it (not when it was bought from the dealers), issuing a refund. if missxmelon tried to milk out that $350 knowing he wouldn't pass, then that would be a different story, haha.
Actually I think July 31st was "after" the correction. But anyway...good job MM.....just an added discount
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 01:58 PM   #38
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thanks, man. That's exactly what happened. The $350 is covering my upgrade to the iPhone 6 64GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
Actually I think July 31st was "after" the correction. But anyway...good job MM.....just an added discount
Haha, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 03:12 PM   #39
s2ktan
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235 - Delivery - 9/2014

Quote:
Interesting... Mine is a 2015 as well, but I was not denied.
What did you say to them? Did you order the car? If so, when did you place the order?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 06:05 PM   #40
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2ktan View Post
What did you say to them? Did you order the car? If so, when did you place the order?
just based off of MM, seems like he/she confirmed that BMWNA is checking production date, NOT when you purchased it. which is actually flawed, but works out for consumers. take advantage before they catch on.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #41
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
just based off of MM, seems like he/she confirmed that BMWNA is checking production date, NOT when you purchased it. which is actually flawed, but works out for consumers. take advantage before they catch on.
I don't get it. OP has a 2015. Earliest production date for any 2015 is in the month of June or July, well after the mistake had been corrected. I don't think OP's experience has anything to do with the production date.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 06:32 PM   #42
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Hey guys - I placed my order on July 31st, 2014. For whatever reason, BMW NA didn't mention that there was a date cutoff or anything - they just offered me the refund. So I don't know if the date matters, at least not in all cases.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 10:55 PM   #43
MG 228i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 m40i, 340i 6MT, i3S

What is the number / email address to contact BMW?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 11:02 PM   #44
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG 228i View Post
What is the number / email address to contact BMW?
Post #1...
Appreciate 0