THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Active Tourer Discussions DASHCAM FUSE-BOX CONNECTIONS FOR MY (LHD 2017) 218d

09-11-2023, 07:35 AM   #1
SteveR53
Rep
Drives: 218d (2017)

Question DASHCAM FUSE-BOX CONNECTIONS FOR MY (LHD 2017) 218d

Ciao all - your help would be very much appreciated please.

My Active Tourer's fusebox is behind the glovebox and there's no nearby ground connection. I don't have an ACC-labelled fuse in the box.

I want to use my THIeye Series 2 dashcam with its parking monitoring enabled and have their 3-wire hardwire kit and the necessary additional fuses. Everything's wired in up the fuse-box, including the nearest ground connection, but it's a real struggle finding the best fuses for the red and yellow wires using the piggyback connectors supplied for the job (ie wrt sufficient space inside the box with all of the existing components remaining in place).

Has anyone been in the same position with their AT 218d and solved the problem satisfactorily.

Cheers in advance.

Steve

PS make that a right-hand drive in the title!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2023, 09:06 AM   #2
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

Fuse size to load being wired... Add A Fuse is easy to use, for ground, just find some metal, remove paint, drill or tap a nice spot for a screw/bolt and attach. Is simple and easy to do a nice job.

Good Luck
Appreciate 0