THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Getting ready for FBO for my m235

04-21-2017, 02:51 PM   #1
Dynamic_m235
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i xDrive

Getting ready for FBO for my m235

I am very close to having fbo for my car, which is sitting stock right now. I plan on throwing everything on at once and get a custom map done by the place I'm going to. I have just a couple questions before I slap everything on.
1. The guy at the dealership I go through said he hears about m235s getting seized because of the jb4, has anybody ever had problems with theirs or knows of anybody? Would like to know what happen so I could try my best to avoid the problem.
2. An intercooler and chargepipe are the only parts I need to order and I plan on going with VRSF for both. Originally I wanted to go ER for both because of all of the great reviews I've seen/heard but I would save a shit load of money on VRSF. Does anybody run the VRSF intercooler with their chargepipe on their m235? How is it? If anybody knows anything about them let me know please!
List of mods include:
Custom exhaust with straight pipe
BMS intake
Jb4 tune
VRSF catless downpipe
VRSF Charge pipe
VRSF Intercooler
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 03:46 PM   #2
p912guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic_m235 View Post
I am very close to having fbo for my car, which is sitting stock right now. I plan on throwing everything on at once and get a custom map done by the place I'm going to. I have just a couple questions before I slap everything on.
1. The guy at the dealership I go through said he hears about m235s getting seized because of the jb4, has anybody ever had problems with theirs or knows of anybody? Would like to know what happen so I could try my best to avoid the problem.
2. An intercooler and chargepipe are the only parts I need to order and I plan on going with VRSF for both. Originally I wanted to go ER for both because of all of the great reviews I've seen/heard but I would save a shit load of money on VRSF. Does anybody run the VRSF intercooler with their chargepipe on their m235? How is it? If anybody knows anything about them let me know please!
List of mods include:
Custom exhaust with straight pipe
BMS intake
Jb4 tune
VRSF catless downpipe
VRSF Charge pipe
VRSF Intercooler
While I am sure some folks will be able to offer information, you really need to spend some time over at this sub forum on N55 Engine, Transmission and Tuning http://www.2addicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=530
17 GMC Canyon Denali Long Bed 4x4 (Tailgatin, Haulin & Towin)
various 'one design' sailboats / stinky hockey gear
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 04:55 PM   #3
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

1: they will not seize your car, they will kindly decline to fix it under warranty since the jb4 was installed. I would find a local dealer that is mod friendly and ask before you bring the car in if he allows aftermarket parts. A jb4 is a piggyback, you can always take it off before any dealer visit. If something was to happen where BMW NA was to be called in, they would be able to tell that you had some type of a tune on the car.

- This has also been answered a dozen times, please search the forum before posting.

2: The BMS intake has been known to cause CEL's, some ppl on here really like it, others took it off because of issues. Also been discussed a bunch of times.

VSRF does offer a cheap solution for both FMIC and CP. There has been fitment issues with AWD vs RWD cars, I'm not sure if they have been resolved.

As stated before, search the forums and your questions have already been answered.

Jb4 is a good piggyback tune, but has been known to give drivetrain errors.

If you really want to get the most out of the car with little to no issues, you should look at a flash tune. I'd recommend bootmod3 (https://www.protuningfreaks.com/collections/bootmod3) because you can always flash back to stock map before a service appt, than flash back once you pick up the car. Just ask the service ppl at BMW not to update the ecu.

Search the forums
1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 05:29 PM   #4
Amack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: EB 2016 M235i

Mike over at extreme ph has the aa fmic for 449$ maybe consider that instead of the vrsf.

i have a jb4, took it off for warranty and had no dramas for a full dme replacement. I believe if I had a flash tune however, Im pretty sure this wouldn't have been the case.

that said tho, the jb 4 doesn't come without it's own issues. but a lot of ppl are running them no hassles and seems there is a lot of support here and from Burger if you do happen to have any problems.
Appreciate 0