THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Idrive hp & tq display ?

04-27-2016, 06:34 PM   #1
Total madness
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i EB2

Hi guys,

I run jb4 and a catless dp on 94, didn't dyno yet, but according to fellow 2er, it should pull around 340whp+-.

Thing is, the i drive hp and tq display seems to show same as stock numbers? Some reasons may be :

- it's calibrated with throttle % ?
- it shows crank hp ?

Well, can't find those data imput to understand inacuracy ? Anyone ?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 06:40 PM   #2
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

I dunno. On my X3 I have the JB stage 1 and the displays still stop at 240hp... Think it's just a vacuum sensor readout.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 06:58 PM   #3
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total madness View Post
Hi guys,

I run jb4 and a catless dp on 94, didn't dyno yet, but according to fellow 2er, it should pull around 340whp+-.

Thing is, the i drive hp and tq display seems to show same as stock numbers? Some reasons may be :

- it shows crank hp ?

It's just a table RPM-HP. It will show the same regardless of what mods you have

If you could just measure Hp and tq like that all dynos would be out of business already
Appreciate 3
      04-27-2016, 07:21 PM   #4
Total madness
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i EB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total madness View Post
Hi guys,

- it shows crank hp ?

It's just a table RPM-HP. It will show the same regardless of what mods you have

If you could just measure Hp and tq like that all dynos would be out of business already
Would be nice to code ;-) like showing 500hp for the show... Not... Lol
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 07:38 PM   #5
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Enzo F23 228i

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post

I beg to differ, ever since I had my Enzo tune done last year, my HP now reads around 300 vice 240. Torque has not changed.
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2016, 07:54 PM   #6
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenAir View Post
I beg to differ, ever since I had my Enzo tune done last year, my HP now reads around 300 vice 240. Torque has not changed.
Maybe they changed the max value somehow.... If they flashed the DME maybe they also changed the NBT....
Those Enzo guys are pretty crafty, wouldn't surprise me if they even changed the RPM-HP table to reflect the tune numbers...

But on a stock car without flashing ECUs, the reading will be the same even if you put a Stage 2 Pure turbo on it....

Do you see that you reach higher HP reading numbers than before or is it just that the max HP is 300 now ?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 08:04 PM   #7
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Enzo F23 228i

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Maybe they changed the max value somehow.... If they flashed the DME maybe they also changed the NBT....
Those Enzo guys are pretty crafty, wouldn't surprise me if they even changed the RPM-HP table to reflect the tune numbers...

But on a stock car without flashing ECUs, the reading will be the same even if you put a Stage 2 Pure turbo on it....

Do you see that you reach higher HP reading numbers than before or is it just that the max HP is 300 now ?
I can get the dial to bounce around in the 260~310 range with my tune. It took a week or so after the flash for it to show up...or I didn't notice it right away. I think ROBNYC was the first to notice it on his ride.

You may be right about the ECU flash allowing for this, just know that mine changed! Just wish the Torque changed !
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 08:41 PM   #8
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
I know MissionPerformance has figured it out. They even were able to get me the sports display on my non NBT. Mine still needs to be configured, but MP has it figured out for NBT on over 500hp calibration. You can see mine is in 320kW which is 420hp.
Attached Images

535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2016, 08:31 AM   #9
Orenji
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

This is sorta related:

Are the fuel milage graphs wildly out of sync after JB4? I've noticed mine varying between huge spikes of 50 mpg and dips of 11 mpg during drives where I don't vary my driving style.
Appreciate 0