THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 2-series cons/pros/bugs/observations

08-03-2014, 09:24 PM   #133
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-Miami View Post
dude, my audio even drops on cable. guys in bmw said it may have something to do with the way i play my music - i stream it. well, i dont have any downloaded music in my iphone to see if that will still drop.. i may load some and check. but that's still dumb, who listenes to loaded music nowadays? everyone streams it.
well I can't even play music stored on the phone either on BT.... USB works just fine for me... streaming or music
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 10:00 PM   #134
2+3=5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2

I've only had my car for three days...
Cons:
Lost one wheel cap already!
No "holy sh!t" passenger handle
Pros:
The handling and instant response is simply amazing!
Observation:
My daily opponents who egg me on at the red lights usually look away at the next one... Not just quick but also shouts TOLD YOU SO
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 10:02 PM   #135
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

that would be a nice vanity plate "TOLDUSO"
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #136
2+3=5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu
that would be a nice vanity plate "TOLDUSO"
Lol
I'm just surprised how well it delivers each time I ask it to... Overtake, brake, hard corner, heel, seek, ... It's only request: WHATS NEXT BOSS?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 11:06 PM   #137
bladeomatic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Two threads I started after I first got my car. I've got almost 3k on it and LOVE my little EB/Blk M235i.

1st impressions:

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=982998

and wish list:

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=999962
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 12:27 AM   #138
danimal
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 228i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
I don't know if anyone has mentioned Android phones, but I find that the Bluetooth works *only* for phone calls. It does not play navigation instructions through the car speakers, and it does not enable the microphone when I give Google Now instructions. If I use my Jawbone ear piece, these two critical functions work perfectly through it (as well as phone calls). Maybe these features are only enabled with the tech package, which I don't have, but it's definitely a disappointment.

Anyone else out there able to get the full capability of Bluetooth with their Android phone? I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (Verizon).
you need tech package for that
I was afraid that was the case. It's kind of a dirty move by BMW. Don't want BMW navigation? Fine, use your smartphone or a Garmin. Oh, but we'll disable the Bluetooth for that. *evil laugh*

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 01:02 AM   #139
Vlad-Miami
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i MW/CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know if anyone has mentioned Android phones, but I find that the Bluetooth works *only* for phone calls. It does not play navigation instructions through the car speakers, and it does not enable the microphone when I give Google Now instructions. If I use my Jawbone ear piece, these two critical functions work perfectly through it (as well as phone calls). Maybe these features are only enabled with the tech package, which I don't have, but it's definitely a disappointment.

Anyone else out there able to get the full capability of Bluetooth with their Android phone? I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (Verizon).
you need tech package for that
I was afraid that was the case. It's kind of a dirty move by BMW. Don't want BMW navigation? Fine, use your smartphone or a Garmin. Oh, but we'll disable the Bluetooth for that. *evil laugh*
my 07 didnt have that. VERY easy fix. buy BT receiver on amazon, put it where the aux and usb/power is. pair the phone. works better than bmw firmware, no drops. easy peasy.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 01:05 AM   #140
danimal
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
my 07 didnt have that. VERY easy fix. buy BT receiver on amazon, put it where the aux and usb/power is. pair the phone. works better than bmw firmware, no drops. easy peasy.
Good idea, thanks!

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 01:29 AM   #141
danimal
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Question...do any of these receivers allow the car's microphone to be used (e.g., for issuing Google Now commands), or would I have to use the receiver's microphone?

Also, do you have a particular product you'd recommend?

Thanks again.

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 01:47 AM   #142
Vlad-Miami
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i MW/CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal
Quote:
Question...do any of these receivers allow the car's microphone to be used (e.g., for issuing Google Now commands), or would I have to use the receiver's microphone?

Also, do you have a particular product you'd recommend?

Thanks again.
yes, i do. i will check tomorrow and give you a link. regarding mic, my 07 335i had bluetooth phone, but no music streaming. so, i used both simultaneously. when someone called, call went through internal car bt, for music receiver was used.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 09:43 AM   #143
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
It's a matter of how you phrase your feedback. If you raise the concern about the missing information, they can accept that and pass that along. However, as soon as you provide the suggested solution, their Intellectual Property attorney's direction is to stop the conversation. The concern is that if they ever, even of their own coincidental plan, do something similar to your suggestion, they don't want to wind up in civil litigation. As an extreme example, read about the history of intermittent wipers, although this is a much more minor situation. They may have (as my employer had) a new suggestion submission form which essentially waives all future claims under an intellectual property infringement allegation.
Good point. I didn't think of it that way, but it does make sense now. So, I guess I'll resubmit my concern regarding the "missing info" and let them figure out what, if anything, they do about it.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 04:38 PM   #144
danimal
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
This morning, I got out of the car with the windows open, thinking I could close them by inserting the key into the keyhole in the driver's door and holding it in the lock position for a few seconds. This used to work on my E90, but nothing happened on my 228i. I also tried holding down the lock button on the remote for a few seconds, but to no avail. I just checked the owner's manual but could find no mention of the feature. Lawyers?

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #145
ciwhamc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i Alpine White

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Do you have comfort access? If so hold your finger on the locking bumps on the door handle. The windows roll up from there.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 05:06 PM   #146
danimal
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciwhamc View Post
Do you have comfort access? If so hold your finger on the locking bumps on the door handle. The windows roll up from there.
That must be my problem--I don't have Comfort Access.

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 05:52 PM   #147
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
That won't work unless you code your car...

closing windows from door handle and fob come disabled for the US... you can only open them by keep pressing the unlock button on the fob

You can check here if you want to learn more about what's possible http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997749
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #148
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post

closing windows from door handle and fob come disabled for the US... you can only open them by keep pressing the unlock button on the fob

You can check here if you want to learn more about what's possible http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997749
That's weird. I can do it on my e92 both ways, fob and handle for windows and sunroof.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #149
ciwhamc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i Alpine White

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:

I have not coded my car and it works for me.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #150
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I have not coded my car and it works for me.
so you can close windows, mirror and roof from your FOB ?

I think it actually only works from the door handle for the window close but not from FOB unless you have it coded
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 06:30 PM   #151
danimal
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
so you can close windows, mirror and roof from your FOB ?

I think it actually only works from the door handle for the window close but not from FOB unless you have it coded
Am I right that you need a special cable to change the codes?

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 06:31 PM   #152
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
No, works on my FOB and it is not coded.

Hate that you have to use the FOB though to roll the windows down and open the sunroof. The door handle will only open the door.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #153
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
No, works on my FOB and it is not coded.

Hate that you have to use the FOB though to roll the windows down and open the sunroof. The door handle will only open the door.
so you can close the windows from your FOB ?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #154
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Am I right that you need a special cable to change the codes?
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1010377
Appreciate 0