THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Airbag seems a bit out and doesn't click

05-20-2024, 10:46 AM   #1
cr1991
Registered
Rep
Drives: m2

Airbag seems a bit out and doesn't click

I was looking at my steering wheel and noticed that the airbag gap is a lot wider on the left, when I try to look I can see a gap on the left at the top as per the pictures.

When I try to remove the airbag even after feeling the pressure of the spring for some reason it doesn’t release the airbag on the left side it does easily on the right.

Any ideas of fixes for this? Almost feels like the airbag is not in properly as it doesn’t click when I try to honk.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 07:55 AM   #2
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Has the car been in an accident? I wonder if it's a replacement airbag, and it wasn't made by the supplier of airbags to BMW.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 01:20 PM   #3
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i xDrive

I'd say remove it completely and check the function of the locks, springs, etc. Make sure the pins are not bent. It sounds like it does not want to come off, you may need to use some force. I'd recommend disconnecting the battery first.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 01:38 PM   #4
cr1991
Registered
Rep
Drives: m2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Kurtz View Post
I'd say remove it completely and check the function of the locks, springs, etc. Make sure the pins are not bent. It sounds like it does not want to come off, you may need to use some force. I'd recommend disconnecting the battery first.
Thanks guys managed to pull it out for some
Reason an actual wire was stuck in the spring hole which was blocking it. Fixed it now thanks guys had to use some force and spent a lot of time just moving it about until it come out
Appreciate 2