THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Rear deck rattle

04-09-2023, 08:53 AM   #23
rstudeny@gmail.com
No_Country
Rep
Drives: f23 m235i | g31 520d

M235i Converible squeek like hell

Any updates on this? I am getting mad out of squeeks.. there are multiple sources, what little helped was to pop-up rear plastics (around the seatbelt mechanism)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyloFiore View Post
So I know this an old thread, but others might search as I did. I have an annoying rattle that is coming from over my left shoulder. I had my wife ride in the back seat to help localize it. Definitely from the rear deck. She could stop it by squeezing her fingers between the back window and the rear deck. We shoved some paper in there, but it’s back in a major way.

So tonight I reached the breaking point. I dismantled the entire rear deck. The visible part is just a facade, and it is completely made of soft materials my theory is that it is a hard piece of ABS plastic that seems to be the condensate “drip tray” that is bolted directly to the metal below the back window. I removed that, too. I’m going to drive around for a few days without it and see if the rattle is still there. (If it is, I have bigger problems).

When I confirm that is it, I will put some resilient foam along the whole back of the drip tray before I bolt it back on. I’ll come back to confirm when the rattle is gone.

Mylo
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2023, 09:53 AM   #24
DrivingPassion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235xi

Can't find it and no time to look for it. I just lived with it.
In a few years, I would be replacing the car, so ...