12-27-2016, 02:58 PM   #23
patrickoccasionallydrives
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post

I've not seen such an ignorant comment in a while.

I dont think that @2045 should even dignify your comment with a response.

Personally, I can tell you that i would absolutely prefer JRZ or Ohlins over KW v3- and I've never modified a Japanese car. I have however installed at least 3 different types of suspension systems on my own BMWs over the years.

JRZ shocks are outstanding.
lol, get over yourself.

the only time i've seen jrz's used on m cars (in my own personal experience) is when the person comes from a background of tuning japanese cars. i'm not insinuating that japanese cars are bad in anyway, the brz and nsx are two of my favorite cars i've ever driven.

kw v3's seem to be the standard for these cars, even bmw's own coil-over for the m2 is a rebranded kw v3 set. i'm just wondering!

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2016, 03:22 PM   #24
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickoccasionallydrives View Post
lol, get over yourself.

the only time i've seen jrz's used on m cars (in my own personal experience) is when the person comes from a background of tuning japanese cars. i'm not insinuating that japanese cars are bad in anyway, the brz and nsx are two of my favorite cars i've ever driven.

kw v3's seem to be the standard for these cars, even bmw's own coil-over for the m2 is a rebranded kw v3 set. i'm just wondering!

perhaps you should get out more often then

what you were doing was 100% stereotyping based on your own limited experience, and it certainly sounded as if you were attributing a negative connotation...
I am happy to hear this was not your intention.

Back in the day.. the OEM BMW shock supplier was BOGE.... that was definitely not where people turned to for aftermarket suspension!

- With the E30... and E36.. Bilstein was the replacement shock that most people used. also Koni. TCKline .. Advanced Design.. AST
- With the E46.. the Bilstein PSS9 systems were the most common replacement shock setups around.. along with , AST, H & R and Motion Control (MCS) as well.
- With the E90 came optional adaptive suspension from the factory .. which I think has greatly slowed the aftermarket in terms of shock absorber and strut choices..

-With the E82 1 series, it seems KW has begun to enter the scene and also has collaborated with ST

- With the F80, F82 and F87 M cars.. BMW has decided to try and capture some of the $$$ In the aftermarket .... indeed, they've commissioned KW as the supplier for the M2 and M4 M performance suspension. That really doesn't mean much though... just look at the reviews of the M4 GTS. It sure doesn't seem like many people are extracting more performance from the GTS setup.. for whatever reason..

Since BMW has commissioned KW for their recent M performance parts.. Indeed.. it does appear that KW is one of the more popular suppliers for BMW aftermarket suspension.. but this is representative of a trend that is only as recent as the current half decade. Personally.. I am underwhelmed by KW products to date.

Ohlins, JRZ, and Moton have been long considered as seriously high end shocks for BMWs throughout all this time.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 12-27-2016 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2016, 04:59 PM   #25
patrickoccasionallydrives
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
perhaps you should get out more often then

what you were doing was 100% stereotyping based on your own limited experience, and it certainly sounded as if you were attributing a negative connotation...
I am happy to hear this was not your intention.
i get out plenty, don't worry.

my anecdotal evidence for coil-over purchase decisions for m cars have mirrored my previous statements. it's anecdotal evidence, which is why i asked for more data. 2045 said that they went with the JRZ's based on experience with other cars (japanese or not, this was the motivating factor). it's completely unclear why you prefer JRZ's over KW V3's, and this is exactly the info i was curious about.

Quote:

Back in the day.. the OEM BMW shock supplier was BOGE.... that was definitely not where people turned to for aftermarket suspension!

- With the E30... and E36.. Bilstein was the replacement shock that most people used. also Koni. TCKline .. Advanced Design.. AST
- With the E46.. the Bilstein PSS9 systems were the most common replacement shock setups around.. along with , AST, H & R and Motion Control (MCS) as well.
- With the E90 came optional adaptive suspension from the factory .. which I think has greatly slowed the aftermarket in terms of shock absorber and strut choices..

-With the E82 1 series, it seems KW has begun to enter the scene and also has collaborated with ST

- With the F80, F82 and F87 M cars.. BMW has decided to try and capture some of the $$$ In the aftermarket .... indeed, they've commissioned KW as the supplier for the M2 and M4 M performance suspension. That really doesn't mean much though... just look at the reviews of the M4 GTS. It sure doesn't seem like many people are extracting more performance from the GTS setup.. for whatever reason..

Since BMW has commissioned KW for their recent M performance parts.. Indeed.. it does appear that KW is one of the more popular suppliers for BMW aftermarket suspension.. but this is representative of a trend that is only as recent as the current half decade. Personally.. I am underwhelmed by KW products to date.

Ohlins, JRZ, and Moton have been long considered as seriously high end shocks for BMWs throughout all this time.
i totally get that oems use all kinds of damper manufactures (like the f80 using ZF dampers), but i've noticed a lot of german performance cars w/ KW v3's over the years for sure. btw the m4 gts uses the KW clubsports, not the KW v3 which is a much more aggressive set of dampers.

i guess i'll just have to wait until i can drive a car with jrz's for more input as simple questions on the internet are no longer well received.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 12:36 AM   #26
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: always changing

Ride height set. ride quality is just as good as expected. started with JRZ's recommendation for street set up. initial feedback after a short run is i can live with an even stiffer set up but so far so good!

Will post more pics in the suspension section once i try few different settings from here.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
D CHOI581.00
cbmmm3318.50
      12-29-2016, 08:41 AM   #27
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2045 View Post
Ride height set. ride quality is just as good as expected. started with JRZ's recommendation for street set up. initial feedback after a short run is i can live with an even stiffer set up but so far so good!

Will post more pics in the suspension section once i try few different settings from here.
Nicely done. Looks great without looking slammed.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 06:18 PM   #28
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
My gosh mineral gray is stunning! Congrats.

Your M2 looks awesome lowered.
      12-29-2016, 10:25 PM   #29
Sideshow
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan_ View Post
My gosh mineral gray is stunning! Congrats.

Your M2 looks awesome lowered.
Agreed, that pic looks amazing......
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 10:34 PM   #30
Lieutenant
Rep

thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 08:10 PM   #31
cbmmm3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 RX8, 2017 M2, 2020 M2CS

fucking killer ! Congrats to you
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 09:46 PM   #32
DelGriffith
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 SO M2C

That looks fantastic!!!
'17 F87 MG M2-Gone
'19 F87 SO M2C
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 11:59 PM   #33
arquitecto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 MG 6MT, '03 E39

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2003 BMW 530i  [0.00]
Do you have a glass coating on your paint? It looks very shiny, more so than most MG's. I love the stance you have now, looks awesome!
      01-10-2017, 01:18 AM   #34
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arquitecto View Post
Do you have a glass coating on your paint? It looks very shiny, more so than most MG's. I love the stance you have now, looks awesome!
i had the Opticoat ceramic coating done by my detailer. although i don't think the paint surface is shinier than normal paint with good coat of wax but it works really well so far in the rain. with the coating the maintenance should be really easy as advertised. time will tell.
Appreciate 0