THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos M235i VRSF 4" Catless downpipe Video

03-07-2016, 12:43 AM   #1
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

I just installed my Ceramic Coated VRSF Catless downpipe last Monday and I am beyond happy with how it turned out especially the sound mated to A stock cat back.

Id also like to give Mike at x-ph.com A huge shout out one of the best in the business could not ask for better service everything from communication, shipping was super fast Overall a great guy and company to deal with!, you can find him on the forum his name is Mike@X-ph.com as Extreme powerhouse is a forum sponsor, Thanks again Mike

This time I bought the downpipe and a BMS OBDII Can Module from X-PH

I'd like to do a more in depth review including pictures for the n55 engine sub category for future people interested in going Catless but for now Ill just leave this video and my first impressions

Car is most definitely faster, Power feels to start earlier and stay longer and their is more of it than stock. I am Only running a AFE drop in, N55 stage 1 and BMS OBDII Module to delete the CEL. I love the other features The Can Module offers, I should do a review on that actually now that I think of it.. The added Boost Gauge gives an accurate boost reading even with only a stage 1 piggy back (only for bms n55 stage 1) something my p3 cars vidi could not do out of the box unless jb4 and positaped.

On to the downpipe

Quality

For the price how can you beat it? Especially Ceramic Coated! some companies charge $200 for the coating service alone. Back in the summer I bought and sold a shifteck downpipe just because I decided not to do downpipe at the the time and even though the shifteck was nice, A Ceramic coated VRSF is completely worth the difference in money 100% fitment guarantee and the coating make it a no brainer!

The Sound

Eco Pro: Tame Sounds like OEM Flap Open actuator mod

Comfort: More of the same maybe a few gurgles sounds like sport tone wise

Sport: Very Aggressive when above 3-4k RPM(stock when below) Pops and Over Rev Noticeable louder tho all the familiar sounds the stock system makes when angry,shifts on throttle Range from gun shots to loud DSG style Farts (6MT obviously not)

Sport Plus: Pretty much the same as above though seems easier to get the sounds out as the transmission is ready to shift hard, everything you want from the most aggressive setting

Overall Its amazing you literally can have the car sound 100% stock at when cruising/Idle or Exotic Car when thats what your in the mood for

Wouldn't be an honest Review without.....

Downsides, Though I wouldn't consider them necessarily bad but Cold start Are loud, stock is pretty loud to begin with loud in my opinion its only a bit louder It does quiet down to stock level pretty quickly also sounds like waste gate rattle? or is that the exhaust flap fluttering if someone else can chime in on that.

The smell, not horrible but its there , cold start you smell it when your outside the car especially in a small garage, after some aggressive driving and then a quick stop with the windows down there is also some, but if their is a light wind usually get no smell at all, putting the windows up half way keeps most of it out also! but regular driving around none really

Would I recommend? 100% yes!

I took some Clips of the sound from inside in Sport + with the windows down and some is windows half up. The sound is obviously better in person but I will try and use an external mic to take some outside clips along with some stationary revs and a cold start, I just know looking around at youtube before installing their weren't that many clips or reviews of VRSF's downpipe

Put your Ear buds in for a more accurate sound of whats going on!
I do have a drop in filter and tune so they add to the turbo induction and blow off sounds most likely but overall none sound to over the top just genuine Turbo engine sounds

Hope you enjoy!

[IMG]http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...91515163_o.jpg[/IMG]

Let me know what you think!

-Andrew
Appreciate 2
      03-07-2016, 08:19 PM   #2
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M235i Man FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderw View Post
I just installed my Ceramic Coated VRSF Catless downpipe last Monday and I am beyond happy with how it turned out especially the sound mated to A stock cat back.

Id also like to give Mike at x-ph.com A huge shout out one of the best in the business could not ask for better service everything from communication, shipping was super fast Overall a great guy and company to deal with!, you can find him on the forum his name is Mike@X-ph.com as Extreme powerhouse is a forum sponsor, Thanks again Mike

This time I bought the downpipe and a BMS OBII Can Module from X-PH

I'd like to do a more in depth review including pictures for the n55 engine sub category for future people interested in going Catless but for now Ill just leave this video and my first impressions

Car is most definitely faster, Power feels to start earlier and stay longer and their is more of it than stock. I am Only running a AFE drop in, N55 stage 1 and BMS OBII Module to delete the CEL. I love the other features The Can Module offers, I should do a review on that actually now that I think of it.. The added Boost Gauge gives an accurate boost reading even with only a stage 1 piggy back (only for bms n55 stage 1) something my p3 cars vidi could not do out of the box unless jb4 and positaped.

On to the downpipe

Quality

For the price how can you beat it? Especially Ceramic Coated! some companies charge $200 for the coating service alone. Back in the summer I bought and sold a shifteck downpipe just because I decided not to do downpipe at the the time and even though the shifteck was nice, A Ceramic coated VRSF is completely worth the difference in money 100% fitment guarantee and the coating make it a no brainer!

The Sound

Eco Pro: Tame Sounds like OEM Flap Open actuator mod

Comfort: More of the same maybe a few gurgles sounds like sport tone wise

Sport: Very Aggressive when above 3-4k RPM(stock when below) Pops and Over Rev Noticeable louder tho all the familiar sounds the stock system makes when angry,shifts on throttle Range from gun shots to loud DSG style Farts (6MT obviously not)

Sport Plus: Pretty much the same as above though seems easier to get the sounds out as the transmission is ready to shift hard, everything you want from the most aggressive setting

Overall Its amazing you literally can have the car sound 100% stock at when cruising/Idle or Exotic Car when thats what your in the mood for

Wouldn't be an honest Review with.....

Downsides, Though I wouldn't consider them necessarily bad but Cold start Are loud, stock is pretty loud to begin with loud in my opinion its only a bit louder It does quiet down to stock level pretty quickly also sounds like waste gate rattle? or is that the exhaust flap fluttering if someone else can chime in on that.

The smell, not horrible but its there , cold start you smell it when your outside the car especially in a small garage, after some aggressive driving and then a quick stop with the windows down there is also some, but if their is a light wind usually get no smell at all, putting the windows up half way keeps most of it out also! but regular driving around none really

Would I recommend? 100% yes!

I took some Clips of the sound from inside in Sport + with the windows down and some is windows half up. The sound is obviously better in person but I will try and use an external mic to take some outside clips along with some stationary revs and a cold start, I just know looking around at youtube before installing their weren't that many clips or reviews of VRSF's downpipe

Put your Ear buds in for a more accurate sound of whats going on!
I do have a drop in filter and tune so they add to the turbo induction and blow off sounds most likely but overall none sound to over the top just genuine Turbo engine sounds

Hope you in Joy!

Let me know what you think!

-Andrew
very nice. sounds great . does the DP have tabs to secure to the tranny like ER. DP?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 09:04 PM   #3
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X3M

Nice!!! I love the sound from what I've heard - I can't wait.

Did you install yourself? If so...any feedback on it as I plan on doing the install myself.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 09:09 PM   #4
Total madness
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i EB2

Extremly glad to hear ! Thx for the feedback, a bit louder than i expected tough...

Are you planning a dyno this summer ?

Mine goes on in 2 weeks with a jb4/obd/bluetooth
Have fun mate !!!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2016, 02:45 PM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you Anderw for the awesome review

Phone number 702-494-9435