08-30-2015, 10:16 PM   #13920
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
No problem with being late ..Tomorrow a lucky day off from work otherwise my wake up alarm was hitting in at 04:30 AM because over here it's now 02:00 AM .
You saw that right that I prefer the 10W60 Castrol/Edge because 0W40 M1 shows lots higher Blackstone ppm in Iron wear ....Wich means general S65 wear !
Librucation film is needed for our S65's , and I felt the difference between my fingers of both oils and I felt more stickiness from the 10W60 !
Personal I think also that the German engineers knowing better what oil is required for our S65's than some members on here .
Saw also some consuming more oil with M1 , normal because our S65 consumes when pushed already a lot of oil with the thicker 10W60 !
And we saw also S65's blown with M1...the more I think it's not about the oil, it's all about our bearings and probably some are also really good that's why we see also S65's with +100K miles on it .
But sadly some go with only 6.7K on it wich means they were f@cked up from out the German factory and destined to blown someday..Because not within tolerance spec...design flaw ect..
I drove in the last 2 weekends 2 days through the Belgian Ardennes and drove the shit out of it , previous (before the 2 days) I was on 90% of the oil level reader and after the 2 days it shows only just in the middle , so where is my oil and is this normal ? Who knows ?
In other words and in short..
It's not about the oil, but about our bearings and I said also it's like a lottery !
Again, thanks for contributing on E9x M3post.
On the 5w40 Pennzoil Ultra Euro Oil (known as Ferrari oil) thread, it looks like Pennzoil engineers even chimed in.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...99&postcount=5
Appreciate 1