View Single Post
      04-20-2015, 09:09 PM   #15
SquireGlig
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Compared wth the higher models in a marque's lineup, no: entry-level cars from that same marque won't have the same or similar feature set. But in the U.S. market, I would expect a luxury marque such as BMW to have certain common features across the lineup that many cars below the marque also have as common features - as well as some (auto climate control, for instance) that aren't common among below the marque.

Besides, my second reason - that most, if not all, 2-series competitors have this particular feature - trumps your reasoning. Daytime gauge backlighting is now beyond common among both luxury and non-luxury marques. The 2-series' fuel gauge partially functions this way as part of the info display - it would not have cost BMW much at all to design the primary dial gauges to have equivalent always-on daytime white backlighting.
Totally agree with your reasoning, I'm just saying I don't feel BMW is very feature heavy in its entry level models, compared to other brands (lux brands included), which is why it doesn't surprise they are missing things like this.
Appreciate 0