02-09-2014, 07:23 PM   #18
number1draftpick
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomps View Post
Great pics. Thanks a ton!

How much would you say the black hides the accent lines of the car? Really love the look as a whole, but aside from the maintenance problems, my only other concern is whether the black hides the details or if the metallic strain still allows the accent lines to stick out. For example, in most of the pics it's pretty hard to distinguish any of the front bumper details, but that could totally not be the case in person.
Hey, this is something I worry about as well in considering Black Sapphire. In person at the auto show the lines were clearly visible. However, it was of course very bright in there. In reality, I do think in many cases black hides some of the detail/lines of the car. That's often the case pictures, for example, as you already noted in the ones I took vs. what I actually saw. I've also noticed that in reality as I've been recently comparing Black Sapphire BMWs to lighter ones I see on the road.

That hasn't totally swayed me away from Black Sapphire though. Its a nice, aggressive color that will look great with carbon fiber bits.
Appreciate 0