10-19-2017, 01:52 PM   #7
usabia
sillyphuck
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 M235i  [7.00]
Im actually dealing with this as well. Similar issue but the BMW dealer are being a holes about it.

I have a dinan stage 3 with CAI Inter-cooler. 6 speed manual. 32k miles.
I installed all this when the car had about 3k miles on it, never had any issues until a month ago with that drivetrain malfunction going into gimp mode error. Dealer changed out MAF and then a day later got the CEl and same error messages on screen. This morning the car went totally nuts Weird tapping noises from what seems to be the fuel lines going to the injectors. the car did the same thing, went into full gimp mode, then stalled on me when i put it in neutral. I was able to get it started again and get it home. Now the BMW Dealer literally shut down on me. said i need to put my car back to stock before they will diagnose again....

What really pises me off is they said my MAF was full of oil because of my Dinan air filter, which is BS of course because dinan filters dont have oil on them like a K&M does....do they? according to my Dinan tuner they dont have oil. So the freaking dealer has litteraly shut down and taken the easy way out and blamed it on the tune

The one saving grace (i Hope) is that i had an authorized Dinan Shop install my tunes for me. So im going to go that route and hope for the best. Lets see IF Dinan will live up to their end of the bargain regarding warranty. Dinan shop said they are talking directly with Dinan now. He did say one way or another we will get it taken care of....thats somewhat comforting i guess. Oh and his original Diagnosis was a Fuel pump issue not a MAF which sounds right to me too.

Bummer too because i JUST got my fabspeed exhaust yesterday!I was going to install it this weekend
Appreciate 0