06-26-2014, 10:15 PM   #32
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate7 View Post
Just because you have to ask your wife for an approval to spend money doesn't mean we all do. And since I don't have to ask for her permission to take my car to the track either, i tend to do that a lot. And judging by your comment you've never taken your bmw to the track to see what it does to your brakes and to your oil. And after spending all day at the track and doing that as a hobby, take it to the dealer and see how far you'll get with "free brakes and oil" change. Or better yet, track your car and follow the 15k oil interval.
We've met before? You've really let yourself go. Hardly recognized you.

If I was tracking my car as often as you say, I would get dedicated track pads, wheels and tires, so my standard pads would still get replaced along with a free oil change at 12 months, regardless of how often I changed it. So, I'll get pretty far with that, I think.

This won't heavily weigh on pre-owned car prices, for people to use as a bargaining chip, once all of the under maintenance cars disappear from the lots. So, it doesn't really benefit you much if you are a CPO buyer.
Appreciate 0