View Single Post
      10-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #1
StephanieDiane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 M2

Dealer says production halted in Germany?

I'll try to make this the nutshell version. I ordered my M235 Aug 30. The guy at the dealership told me it would be 6-8 weeks until it arrived. Ok, sounds fair. After a couple of weeks I called to inquire about the production number so I could be OCD and track its progress. He didn't know anything about that. He said they didn't do that anymore, but that he'd look into it for me. I never heard back.

I called today just to see if they had any update. I was told the guy I ordered from is no longer employed with that dealership. Well, that's unsettling. I was directed to someone else who informed me that my car is in PRE production in Germany, and that NO M235s are being produced right now due to some "rim" flaw or something. He said the delay could go into February 2015.

Now, I've been floating around various forums since I ordered mine, and I've seen other people tracking their cars for the past few weeks, so I was hoping someone could help me understand what exactly is going on. Perhaps I do not understand the issue. After all, I am only a woman... right.

Is anyone else aware of production being stopped?

Last edited by StephanieDiane; 10-15-2014 at 11:36 AM..
Appreciate 0