View Single Post
      02-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #36
thomps
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post

The review says that BMW have tested the car extensively and the stock components are up to the challenge (with software tweaks).
This is one thing that hasn't really been discussed. If I had any plans to buy the Racing version, I might be disappointed at the lack of DCT. But since I have zero intention of buying the Racing and I have every intention of buying a stock M235i, possibly with a ZF8, I am thrilled that they put the ZF8 in the Racing version.

I know BMW made important tweaks, but it gives me just a little bit more confidence in the ZF8's ability to handle power mods, knowing that they went with the same basic setup in a car that will be run ten times harder than I'll ever run mine.

Obviously I want to know exactly what's different about the Racing transmission before I conclude anything; and it doesn't get me completely in the clear because the Racing has essentially stock power figures. The ability to take sustained stress from a certain amount of power doesn't necessarily mean the tranny's up for short bursts of stress at increased power levels.

Nonetheless, it will be an interesting experiment for anyone interested in an auto M235i to sit back and watch.
Appreciate 0