10-02-2014, 03:38 PM   #22
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post

Why doubt the M egnineers..?
Because they are lead by non-engineers...!

And, it is not; "What M-car has been poop" ..? It was that they current M's are not well liked.. since the e46. Or, not what long-time followers envisioned/imagined they want.

People DO NOT have to adapt to newer/different driving dynamic.
Manufacturers have to provide dynamics that the people want. BMW M-division is trying to force people into a Marketing ring.. while others are waiting to see if the M2 follows suite, or breaks from the circle.

That is why soooo many people are waiting, hinged on the M2 announcements. Because for a great many... the M2 is the ONLY thing keeping people around BMW's camp. If the M2 doesn't provide, many are leaving BMW brand forever, because the 10+ year wait is killing most of us.

The 1M has been the only excitement from BMW M in 10 years.. (Thnx DR. Segler).
Unfortunately, BMW is giving most people what they want. Remember, this is a forum full of enthusiasts and we do not represent the majority of the population. Why do you think cars keep getting bigger? People need to have/brag about their legroom...trunk space...Hell, I remember some of the original 1M owners bitching about exhaust drone, too firm of a ride, not having a garage door opener in the rear view mirror. These are the things I love about my 1M....I love that my car drones from the factory and I love that the suspension has one setting....stiff as shit. The M2 is going to have navigation standard, probably adjustable suspension, parking sensors, lane assist, garage door openers galore and I am willing to bet the exhaust will not drone and probably be too quiet...they probably will offer a performance exhaust though.
Appreciate 0