View Single Post
      11-27-2014, 08:00 PM   #4
unem3
Rep
Drives: M235i-6sp/E46 M3 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEBII View Post
As background, my catalog of driving experience includes a C5 Corvette, an 80's 911, 125cc go karts, one open wheel race car and my wife's silky 2007 MBZ e350. My DD has been an '03 330i 6 Speed for 11 years (a truly great car for its time). I was very set on a 228i with Track Handling Package with the AT. This, afterall, is a logical progression and thinking the 8 speed paddle shifter would be fantastic with 8 whole gears to play with. And to this point I had only driven a 228i sport package AT and it was a very good experience.

On a whim and taking half the day off, I test drove an M235i MT...SOLO, no client advisor co-pilot. This was a visceral, LUSTFUL yet perfect dance superior to any car I have driven. Perfect in all important aspects. I sincerely thought I would be ready to give up rowing for paddle shifters, but there is nothing like the connection to this very sweet powertrain as it surged from 1st to 2nd at red line or merging on the freeway in 2nd with the foot the floor and then to 3rd. The M235i MT is the perfect dance partner.

I MUST HAVE THIS CAR.
Couldn't agree more!!! Love my 6 speed M235i.
Appreciate 0