View Single Post
      07-23-2014, 04:44 PM   #121
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Again, the bashing continues. An easy way to sum the situation up would be to say that you have different cars for different people. If your preferences lean toward minimal performance compromise and a raw driving experience, get the Mustang. If you'd like to have something that's far more well-rounded with more creature comforts, better interior materials, a softer driving experience, and have it all wrapped in a more mature design, get the 2er.

I'll tell you this: coming from an E92 335i, I'll be avoiding F/I for as along as I can and stick with a RWD, V8-powered, moderately-sized 2+2 with an LSD out back and three pedals at my feet. Those are my preferences, but I'm not going to bash BMW and resort to biased remarks. I could say that they look boring and cookie cutter-esque, are way too heavy for their size and have too much sound insulation, or for some bizarre marketing reason have open rear ends despite packing 300+ bhp. I could say that M235i drivers have egos the size of watermelons and think their car is a rare gem when we'll see a million nearly identical looking 228is on the road which anyone with a decent income could lease (when you hear the "Mustang's a dime a dozen" schtick). Or that I've had a nightmare track record of reliability with my car and all BMWs must he shoddy as a result. All of that is ridiculous, but it sounds like the same kind of crap I just read now.
Appreciate 0