View Single Post
      07-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #111
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i,13MustangGT,84C10,99A8

I think the mustang is too big based on the pics/specs and I drive one that is a tad smaller and it feels like a boat. Now based on driving a 13 Mustang (modded and probably quicker than a 15) and a 14 235i (Stock) I'd pick the 235i hands down. Much better throttle response (I hope they fix this in the 15) the torque band is much better on the BMW and that's comparing it against the 13GT and BOSS 302 (I hope they change this in the 15). The visibility sucks in the 13 (Hood feels long and I feel like I"m dragging 5 feet of plastic in the rear). The traction sucks on the 13 (I hope this is not the case with the 15). On the Mustangs the downforce doesn't exist so at 110mph + the car floats. Not the case with the BMW.

Modding was not much cheaper- $450 CAI, $550 Axle Back exhaust, $500 flash/tune, $275 HR springs. I'm seeing similar for BMW outside of Dinan and the exhaust for the bmw seems to be a tad more expensive.

I disagree with the statement about the materials. I touched the 15 and I must say the quality is NOT up to par with the BMW.

My experience with the s550- I was on mustang6g hourly 12/7 I couldn't wait to see the car. I excitedly went to the NY auto show thinking I was going to fall in love with the s550. I'm 5 Mustangs in and I've always believed the hype regarding the next model. Unfortunately after seeing it in person I was let down (forget the specs you can make anything go fast). I then wandered around and spotted the M3 and M4. Not being a BMW fan I went over to check them out. M3/4 were pricey and they seemed on the large side and then I saw the 235i. The minute I sat in the car it felt right. The size, the driver position, the size of the steering wheel, the quality of the material. I went to drive one and I couldn't believe the balance the car had. I can't stop driving it. Up to date and 5 mustangs later I have yet to get that feeling from a Mustang.

I currently also have a 13 SHO with the eco-boost 6cyl. It's not very cheap to mod and the engine is OK. Quality of the interior is OK. I feel my opinion is coming across neutral being that I was a Ford/American car fan and buyer throughout most of my adult life.

I personally do not see how these 2 brands are even compared. Ford is picking the low hanging fruit to pitch their cars against BMW. M3/4 are expensive and they perform well... so lets go build a mustang that performs close to it and hope people switch over based only on specs/performance. If you compare anything other than performance Ford is not in the same league as BMW. It's like comparing a automatic seiko to a rolex because they have the same time drift.

Last edited by BLK235iNJ; 07-23-2014 at 12:50 PM..
Appreciate 0