07-30-2014, 12:08 PM   #12
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska///235i View Post
Technically thats how it should work but with the m235, turbo kicks in when the downshift rev match happens and you can feel the car accelerate while you're hard braking and thats not good
Quote:
Originally Posted by lichenlt View Post
I think that's exactly what happened. Couldn't quite put my finger on it until you mentioned it.

In addition, when it slows down to certain speed I can feel some sort of engine braking kicking in because the stopping power suddenly increases without me pushing the brake pedal further.
That doesn't make any sense though. I don't understand why the engine control would be calibrated to increase throttle during deceleration while it's in-gear. Do you mean that you see the rev counter increase while slowing down and the transmission hasn't downshifted? It could be the torque converter unlocking.

If you feel the engine braking kicking in at a certain point during deceleration, it's probably the transmission shifting down to a lower gear which would add more drag. Rev-matching is supposed to minimize that sensation.
Appreciate 0