12-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #100
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoundForHire View Post
well i've have some physical things going on that just makes driving an auto a lot easier/less painful. Plus, I love the feel of the DCT shifting and the paddle downshifts. Pure joy.

I get that the M135i current doesn't have it, but I really hope BMW gives the US market the option for it.
I can't see BMW re-engineering the car for DCT just for the USA market.

As a 135i DCT owner, I agree, I'm not sure I like the idea of going back to a conventional auto.
The M135 auto owners I've talked to here in the UK have said the 8-speed ZF in the M135 is very good, and you'd swear it was a DCT

I'm sure I've read that the DCT technology will be exclusive to the full ///M cars from now on as another means of differentiating them from the 'lesser' Mprefix cars.

I'm going to try and blag a drive of a M135 auto soon to see what it's like, but I might well hang onto my current 135i longer than planned rather than go back to a conventional auto again.